Eureka Seven Fan Fiction ❯ Pierce Through The Wind ❯ No Holdin' Back ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: Mega Man, Rush, Bass, Treble and the Robot Masters are property of Capcom. Eureka 7, Eureka, Renton, and the Geckostate are property of Bone. THIS STORY BREAKS INTO AU (Alternate Universe) AROUND EPISODE 20, 21, 22, AND 23 OF EUREKA7. The title is taken from the main theme of Rockman.exe.
 
Some scenes are taken from the anime, but I altered the dialogue, because well ... I didn't want to rip right out of the show. know what I mean? First chap may be a little confusing but explanations are on the way. Anyway, enjoy the story and don't forget to review!
 
 
“Rockman is the first of a new generation of robots which contain an innovative new feature: the ability to think, feel, and make their own decisions. However this ability could be very dangerous. If Rockman were to break the first rule of robotics, "A robot must never harm a human being", the results would be disastrous and I fear that no force on Earth could stop him.
 
Approximately 30 years will be required before we can safely confirm his reliability. Unfortunately I will not live to see that day, nor do I have anyone to carry on my work. Therefore, I have decided to seal him in this capsule, which will test his internal systems until his reliability has been confirmed. Please do not disturb the capsule until that time. Rockman possesses great risks as well as great possibilities. I can only hope for the best.” - Dr. Thomas Light
 
Mega Man/Eureka 7
Pierce through the Wind
 
Chapter 1: READY
 
DRN-001 Rockman System Status …
 
Armor charge- 10p
 
M-Buster system - 15p /Standby
 
V.W.S. (Variable Weapons System) - Active and Standby
 
Core charge - 98hp stabilized
 
REPLOID: REPLica HumanOID systems - 99.9hp Optimal
 
Life Support and Sub support - 99.6p (25p sub)
 
Time till full configuration change … 24h 23m
 
Norbu the Vodarac priest that Holland and Renton had just rescued from the UF Prison walked out of the Gecko-Go's medical bay. He gave a small smile to the gathering of Holland, Talho, and the Eureka's three adopted children Maurice, Maeter, and Linck. “I expect her to make a full recovery, though it will take some time.” The priest smiled, before motioning with his hand toward Holland.
 
“This is a non-smoking area, Norbu …” Holland eye twitched slightly, even more so when the bald headed, oddly dressed man began to pout.
 
“Then I'm going to sleep,” the odd monk waved as he walked away from the group as Mischa the ship doctor walked out with a small smile.
 
“She's still weak … but you can go on in to see her now,” she said patting Maurice the oldest on the head.
 
The three children lit up instantly before running in to see their `Mama', each carrying their own gifts. Mischa smiled lightly before turning to the commander of the Gecko State and his girlfriend. “She was also asking for Renton, any idea where he is?”
 
“I haven't seen him since you and the Nirvash returned …” Talho said, glancing to the tall leader accusingly.
 
Holland just shrugged his shoulders, though Talho noticed a flash of something in his eyes, something she had seldom seen there: confusion and fear.
 
“RENTON MOVE IT!!” Holland called from his already heavily damaged LFO. But it was too late the KLF was on top of the Nirvash and clawing the shoulder cockpit open. “NO!” Holland screamed lifting his rifle but paused when he heard a loud high pitched humming sound coming the Nirvash's damaged cockpit and a bright blue light radiating from inside. A moment later a blinding flash erupted from the opened cockpit, and once Holland and Norbu could see again the attacking KLF fell backwards with its upper portion completely gone.
 
Holland and Norbu quickly climbed from the cockpit and ran to the Nirvash. Holland quickly scaled the still mech and looked into the damaged cockpit. “Renton are you … what the …” He breathed when he saw Renton laying there unconscious with his right form arm replaced with what looked like a large blue plasma cannon with blue circuitry running up the remainder of his arm.
 
“Renton?” Holland breathed as his transformed arm twitched and the barrel smoked slightly. “Renton the hell happened to you?”
 
A moment later Renton's usually grey-blue eyes opened an emerald green and he turned an emotionless gaze on Holland. “Ren…” Holland started but before he could finish, Renton reached up and grabbed Holland by the throat with his free hand and put the once again glowing plasma cannon to Holland's chest.
 
Norbu quickly kicked out and knocked the blaster to the side before it fired its energy blast finishing off Holland's LFO. “Holy shit …” Holland breathed before Renton's emerald eyes changed to the usual grey-blue.
 
“Ho-Holland?” Renton asked softly, glancing around in confusion. “What's going on … what … WHAT HAPPENED TO MY ARM?” He screamed seeing the techno-organic cannon.
 
Holland watched in shock as it quickly shifted back to his human hand. “What happened to me Holland? What happened to my arm …” Renton asked, before glancing to the side and seeing the burning remains of the attacking KLF. “I did that… Holland what am I? What did I do?” He asked in hysterics. Holland's confused stare only made his reaction worse. Renton left from the Nirvash and ran, ran as fast as his legs could carry…
 
“Renton? Give him time … to figure himself out,” Holland said quizzically before walking away.
 
Talho watched him studiously, before walking off in another direction.
 
 
DRN-001 Rockman System Status …
 
Armor charge- 27P
 
M-Buster system - 30p /Standby
 
V.W.S. (Variable Weapons System) - Active and Standby
 
Core charge - 98.9hp stabilized
 
REPLOID: REPLica HumanOID systems - 99.9hp Optimal
 
Life Support and Sub support - 99.8p (58p sub)
 
Time till full configuration change … 18h 52m
 
Colonel Dewey Novak excused his subordinate before walking out on the balcony of his office. “What took you so long?” Dewey asked the cloaked figure in the shadows standing next to a mechanical dog.
 
“We persuaded for your release, Novak,” the figure spoke as the robot dog growled at the Colonel. “You owe us.”
 
“Who dug you mechanical freaks out of the Scab Corel?” Dewey asked, turning his cold gaze. “I think it could be considered an equal trade.”
 
“Then what am I doing here then?” the figure turned away.
 
“Your master wanted control and power, and that was built into your own programming,” Dewey stated with a knowing smile, “We want the same thing, wouldn't it be beneficial to work together?”
 
“What do you want, Colonel?” the figure asked agitatedly.
 
“We have encountered a problem with my plans, a slight aggravation that our Nirvash the End failed to deal with.” Dewey flashed an award wining smile. “I'm sure you and your fellow Masters can deal with the problem.”
 
“Deal as in destroy?” the figure's voice sounded amused, “This could be entertaining. Tell me when and where.”
 
“There will be a fleet on a search for your target, the Geckostate, if they fail I want you to clean up their mess,” Dewey said looking up to the sky. “Are you willing to do this for me, Bass?”
 
“We're in,” Bass said as he and Treble faded into the shadows.
 
 
DRN-001 Rockman System Status …
 
Armor charge- 75p
 
M-Buster system - 50p /Standby
 
V.W.S. (Variable Weapons System) - Active and Standby
 
Core charge - 99.9hp stabilized
 
REPLOID: REPLica HumanOID systems - 99.9hp Optimal
 
Life Support and Sub support - 99.9p (75p sub)
 
Time till full configuration activation … 12h 02m
 
Eureka sighed as she laid on the medical bed; the only sound in the room was the beeping monitors at the side of her bed. She glanced to the table at the side where the picture Maeter drew her sat between the flower and wind chime Linck and Maurice had brought her. Everyone had come to see her since she had recovered from her near merging with the Corel … everyone but the one she was most anxious to see.
 
Eureka's violet eyes turned to the door when a faint knock was heard. “Come in …” her soft voice spoke up, and Gidget poked her head inside the door to smile at her. The honey skinned teenager grinned at her crewmate and walked in.
 
“I hope I'm not bothering you,” Gidget said slightly uncomfortably as she fidgeted with her hot pink jumpsuit.
 
Eureka just wrestled herself to sit up, which was hard to do concidering one arm was nearly useless. “It … it's ok …”
 
“I just thought maybe you'd like to talk … or something … I mean … all the other girls are way older but we're not that much different age wise and … um … am I rambling?” she stopped herself to ask looking at Eureka's blinking confused eyes. “I brought you a candy bar …” Gidget offered, holding out the wrapped chocolate bar.
 
“Thank you … um … Have you seen Renton lately?” Eureka said, taking the chocolate bar and carefully opened one end. “He hasn't been by to visit … I was just wondering why he hasn't…”
 
“I haven't actually seen him … but I'm sure he has his reasons …” Gidget said carefully, as she took out a candy bar of her own.
 
The two young women munched silently on their bars for a few moments before Eureka spoke up. “I worry about him … I cannot shake the feeling that something is happening to him … that he needs me …” Eureka narrowed her eyes in worry.
 
“I'm sure your boyfriend's fine,” Gidget grinned, patting Eureka on the shoulder.
 
“Boy … friend?” Eureka asked, not getting her head around the concept of the word.
 
“Yeah, its obvious Renton likes you, even Doggie saw it when he came on board,” Gidget grinned even more, “Now is the time for girl talk, ya like him too don't ya, don't ya?”
 
A pink blush crossed Eureka's scarred cheeks as she ducked her eyes, “Of course, he's my friend …”
 
Gidget almost squealed at her reaction, “Don't tell me … you've fallen haven't ya?” Eureka blinked in confusion, and Gidget clarified, “Looks to me like you, Eureka have fallen in love.”
 
“Love? I … don't understand …” Eureka said softly, holding her slightly pounding head.
 
“I'm sorry, I don't mean to push you …” Gidget apologized quickly. “Just … I better go and let you rest. It was good talking to you, Eureka.”
 
Eureka smiled softly and nodded as Gidget bounced out of the room.
 
Short while later Mischa reentered the room to check over her monitors. “Mischa?” Eureka's still weak eyes turned to the redheaded doctor.
 
“Yes, Eureka?” Mischa turned to her patient.
 
“Where's Renton?” Eureka asked innocently.
 
“I'm … I haven't seen him … today …” Mischa replied, and while suspicious, Eureka let it drop.
 
“Mischa?” She asked again, and waited for the doctor to nod. “What … is love?”
 
 
DRN-001 Rockman System Status …
 
Armor charge- 99p - prepping
 
M-Buster system - 98p prepping
 
V.W.S. (Variable Weapons System) - prepping
 
Core charge -100hp Ready
 
REPLOID: REPLica HumanOID systems - 100hp Optimal Ready
 
Life Support and Sub support - 99.9p (90p sub)
 
Time till full configuration activation … 01h 12m
 
Inside an old mine shaft deep below the surface of the Scab Corel, an ancient robotics laboratory sat almost abandoned except for a single red mechanical dog that laid at the base of a large pod. It had been over twenty four hours since Rush's master had returned home and on instinct climbed in the completion pod.
 
The Cyber K9's ears perked up when the sound of a buzzing from the pod echoed through the dusty long since abandoned lab. He climbed to all four feet and stretched before walking over to glance up at the monitor.
 
DRN-001 Rockman System Status …
 
Armor charge- 100p - READY
 
M-Buster system - 100p - READY
 
V.W.S. (Variable Weapons System) - READY
 
Core charge -100hp - READY
 
REPLOID: REPLica HumanOID systems - 100hp - READY
 
Life Support and Sub support - 100p (100p sub) - READY
 
Rockman - READY
 
Time till full configuration activation … 00h 01m
 
Rush waited patently another minute for the final check ran and once it was complete the hatch slid up and back releasing all the compact steam inside the pod.
 
The red robo-dog ran in a circle yelping excitedly as a hand clothed in a blue glove and darker blue chrome gauntlet reached up and gripped the edge of the pod from the inside. He continued to climb from the pod, dressed completely in light blue Kevlar tights and darker blue metallic boots, trunks, gloves, and shoulder pads and a yellow and red metallic emblem on his chest. On his head was an open faced dark blue helmet with a yellow pinstripe running up the middle from a yellow light in the center over his forehead. “Eureka …” He breathed softly as he opened his almost glowing green eyes.
 
Rush jumped up letting his front paws land on his hip and looked up at his master lovingly. “Hey boy,” he said patting the dog's head, before glancing around at the long abandoned lab. “We don't belong here anymore, boy. Let's go home.”
 
Rush yelped excitedly in reply before he leapt into the air and transformed into a rocket-powered reffing board. His master quickly hopped on its back and the two rocketed from the mine.
 
Systems … 100p Optimal and Ready
 
Mission Objectives: Protect Humanity and Sentient Life_
Personal Objective: Protect Eureka and Geckostate_
 
Rockman … READY