Eureka Seven Fan Fiction ❯ Un-normal life of a Coralian ❯ The crashed red & white LFO ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: In this Chapter, I will have the Three girls that Dominic meets when he goes to Bellforest and has his bike fixed by Renton's Grandfather. Because they don't get names in the show I have given them names and planed some history for all three of them. I'm also adding an OC who will play a large role in latter chapters. Well here is the next chapter
Disclaimer: I don't own Eureka Seven or any characters in this story, except Setsuko. This will be the last disclaimer for the story.
Renton was sick of it. Sick, sick, sick of how every time he did something he was compared to his father, the man who had saved the world in the event called the Summer of Love. Renton just wanted to be who he was, Renton Thurston, no one else. The latest incident was when he attempted a math question on the board and got it wrong. The teacher went on about how great his father was and how could have easily got the question right. Renton sighed again as he read Ray=Out while relaxing on top of the school roof. He hoped the teacher didn't find Renton up here reading this magazine or it would cause another dispute with the teacher.
“Renton” the boy in question looked up from his magazine and saw one of the girls from his class, but he couldn't remember what her name was.
“What's wrong?” Renton said with a concerned tone putting down his magazine in the process.
“There was a red and white LFO suddenly appeared out of the sky and crashed over at that spot and the other boys always lift at.” Said the girl that's name still escaped Renton's mind. He knew that she was normally with two other girls that liked to hang out around the garage and annoy his grandfather and himself when they were working on LFO's or other mechanical items that found there way to get fixed at his grandfather's garage. Renton was running hard behind the girl and getting a proper look at her, she had light brown hair with a white ribbon done up in a little bow on top of her head and had lovely sky blue eyes. Renton thought how odd it was that those eyes would work so greatly with her creamy white long sleeved shirt and skirt that reached her knees. `She's the quiet one.' The thought went though Renton's head as he ran miserably after the girl. Renton had lots of strength in the arms from working around the garage but no leg strength as he didn't really move around that much making it worse.
“What took you so long Mai.” came a voice in the distance making Renton look up and see the girl's two friends. These two had glasses on them while one was about an inch shorter then Mai while the other was two or three inches taller then Mai. Both of them where wearing long sleeved t-shirts while the taller had pants and the shorter had shorts.
“Renton was on the roofs, Shizune.” Mai said to the taller of the two. Shizune eyes suddenly got an evil glint as her smile turned to a smirk.
“Oh really, so what did you do with him up there.” Shizune gave a foxy laugh as Mai's and Renton's face went 5 different shades of red. Shizune crossed her arms across her purple top, wishing that she had worn a short skirt instead of her black and purple pants so she could make Renton blush all the way to there destination. Tomoyo sighed at the bad luck that made all the others had made her and her friends get Renton after seeing an LFO crash, as Renton was the only one in the school who knew anything at all about how LFO's work. After reaching half way, Mai volunteered to go and find Renton while they could relax after running as far as they had, not to mention that they were unfit and Mai was the fastest runner in school. She had to suppress a giggle at what Shizune said at Mai and Renton, which made it doubly hard when they got embarrassed as they did.
“I'm sure all the other kids are getting impatient of us so can we just head over there already?” Tomoyo said distorted from still trying to keep herself from giggling. Shizune sighed as her fun was ruined by the urgency of the problem at hand.
“Well come on.” Mai huffed as she bolted ahead of everyone with Shizune and Tomoyo in toe after there relaxing rest, but Renton was not so lucky.
“Hey, wait up.” Renton puffed as he ran after the trio with the little air he had in his lungs. “Come on, you slowpoke.” Tomoyo laughed before clutching her side. `I didn't get enough rest.' She sighed in her head as she remembered that she was even more unfit then Shizune, `But not as much as Renton.' Giggled the thought. Tomoyo couldn't help but look back at the struggling boy. His looks were ok, but he was a plain dork. She'd admit that Renton was a better Lifter then all the other boys and he was an incredible mechanic skill, that he undoubtedly inherited from his grandfather, that made him the best choice to go to if you lift board was busted, but he was amongst the worst fitness level in the school, even Shizune and herself were around the middle. Almost all the boys were fitter, stronger and hotter then him and charming to boot. `But none of them are nowhere near as nice as Renton.' Come a stray thought though her head. Yes she had to agree with the thought. The other boys were charming but they all tended to have an arrogance about them that got worse, and they got hotter, as who was better in school. The best tend to go to high ranking military extra school that lead onto high positions or top secret projects, those that did okay in school either got high paid business jobs or middle ranking military jobs, the ones that lead squads or worked on battle ships, and then there were those that got last in schools, like Renton and her self. They worked all the low jobs in the city like waitress or truck driver, or with the military they would work as the fodder of the army as gun man or drive very old LFO's in large scale attacks. She mentally sighed again as she was the lowest ranking amongst the three. It wouldn't be so bad if she reached towards the average of the schools test, like Shizune, and not towards the bottom. But she envied Mai more then anyone else as she was the highest scoring girl in grades and one of the fittest. All the boys chased after her, and she was definitely not the only girl to envied her, but she never picked up on them because of her shy nature. This is what the boys hated most because they all wanted her like a prize, a prize that would make them greater in there big group of boys competing for the top. Renton was the only one different then all the boys, who didn't care what his social status amongst the boys. No, all Renton cared about his lifting, working on machines and reading Ray=Out, of cause the last one annoyed the teachers to no end, but she still wouldn't go out with him. She was waiting for her prince charming to come and…. Tomoyo suddenly shook her head furiously. That was never going to happen. She didn't have her head in the trappers… much. `Doesn't hurt as much anymore.' Tomoyo thought as she ran realizing that it had stopped when she went into deep thought. She looked back and saw that Renton didn't have the same luck as she did.
“Hey girls, we're here.” Mai yelled from the front of the group.
 
Renton heard Mai yell something up the front that he couldn't hear because of the blood drumming in his head, so he lifted his head to ask what she had said when he saw the white-red LFO.
“Hey sleepy head, wake up.” Came a voice breaking Renton out of his trance. It was Shizune. He looked towards the LFO again and noticed all the people his age around it.
“What took you guys so long?” snide a voice towards the LFO. The speaker in question was the number one ranking kid in school, the second was Mai, Setsuko Setashi. But that was not who had Renton's attention. No the person who had his attention was the girl right next to him. She had turquoise hair that went halfway down her neck, she wore a jacket that was white with blue sleeves that had a blue strip from the middle of her chest that twisted around to that, Renton guessed, to the join at the edge of the back of her jacket and her pants were plain white with blue pockets.
“He was reading his magazine on the roof.” Mai murmured as the group headed towards the centre of the group of kids. Setsuko rolled his eyes at this.
“What ever, we need you to take a look at this.” He said turning to Renton. Setsuko, unlike most of the other boys, respected Renton because of his family name and his mechanic skills. “Who's the girl?” Tomoyo asked with her hand on her hip. She was extremely beautiful which caused a small pain in her heart. `Why does everyone else get so much attention, even a girl who hasn't been here for ten minutes?' The thoughts ran though her head as her right hand unconsciously grabbed her t-shirt were her heart would lie. `No one ever pay attention to me. I don't want an enormous amount. Even a small praise would be good.' She was started to mentally sob as he saw how enthralled Renton was with the stranger. `I would even settle if a boy would just hug me like a brother.' As she thought about how she was just a single child and her father scorned her for her bad grades and went on about how he wished to have a son, and when the boys would gather around her in a circle and tease her all her life was just as bad. It was after one of those times that she had first met Shizune. She shuddered the memories away, not wanting to think of them at the moment.
“Is everything ok?” Shizune asked her, Shizune was like a bigger sister to her. Always looking after her and Mai and driving the boys away when they didn't want to be annoyed. Of cause she teased them mercilessly all the time.
“Everything is just fine.” Was the answer she gave her.
“So what is her name?” Mai asked Setsuko.
“She was unconscious when we got here, so we don't know yet.” Was the reply he gave. “Setsuko, what…” Renton started before being cut of by a groan from the mysteries girl. Both Renton and Setsuko went over helping her with her muttering her thanks.
“What's your name?” asked a girl from the crowed.
“Do you have a boyfriend?” asked one of the seedy boys of the group. The questions suddenly come in a flood that the girl had to cover her ears.
“Hey guys stop it.” Renton yelled at the top of his voice, which no one listen to.
“That's enough.” Renton heard Setsuko yell which followed with a tense silence.
 
Eureka groaned as she opened her eyes to see that she was surrounded by a large group of people around her age. She thanked two boys as they helped her get up making her smile on the inside thinking that these people might not be so bad. Then came the flood of questions. She tried to yell at them to shut up, but no sound would come out of her mouth so she covered her ears in the attempt to block out the noise, even if she knew it wouldn't work. She looked up to see one of the boys, who helped her up before, yelling for the group to stop with little success.
“That's enough.” Eureka heard clear even with her ears covered. It was the other boy that helped her up and was obviously the leader of the group. “This is not how we treat guests to Bellforest.” The leader said this with a small smile on his face. “My name is Setsuko. What is your name?” he asked staring straight into her eyes. She wasn't sure if that was good or bad. He wasn't looking over her body like some disgusting guys had over these last two years, but was he looking in her eyes as an equal, or to say he was better then her. Those people tried to charm her to get they want, but luckily, her mother always whisked her away from them after a few comments. She struggled to keep a straight face in front of the people as memories of what happened to her mother and, thankfully this time, she was successful. She came back to reality to notice that the other boy from before was next to Setsuko. Because her mom usually whisked her away from boys before she could talk to any of them, she didn't know what they were really like.
“My name is Eureka.” She answered in quite voice with a small blush crossing her face. `WHY THE HELL AM I BLUSHING.' Rang a voice though Eureka's head. She looked over to the other boy wonder why he seemed to be a little less bright, but then shrugged it off. “Welcome to Bellforest Eureka. But one question.” Setsuko looks to the LFO behind her. “What are you doing in Bellforest?” Everyone seemed to move in closer encase she talked in a small voice again.
“I came here by accident when my LFO got damaged in a fight.” Everyone looked at her in shock. Fighting? Her? She was too young. Were among the many whispers that went suddenly through the crowd making Eureka shuffle nervously.
“Do you know of a place I could get repairs done?” Eureka asked cutting the whispers off and all heads turning towards one person.
 
Renton could not help but sweat when everyone turned there heads towards him. After a couple of seconds he realised that everyone want him to talk and not themselves.
“My grandpa and I are the only mechanics in Bellforest that can work on your LFO. “By the way.” Renton eyes shifted to the machine. “What kind of LFO is it? I've only seen one design in my grandpa's book that comes close to this, and even then it still different.” Now this caught everyone's attention. Alex's book was famous for having every LFO in there, even the ones that the military had yet finished.
“Its modified.” Was that Eureka said making Renton frowned. Modified LFOs were hugely talked about by other mechanics, and his grandfather had another book on modified LFOs and theirs owners.
“That must be it.” Renton answered with a smile, making everyone sigh in relief. Everyone except Setsuko. Setsuko was the only person that he had told about his grandpa's book of modified LFOs.
“Can you show me the way to your family's garage?” Renton looked back at Eureka and lost himself in her eyes. They were lavender. Renton felt a blush creep on his face as he remembered her question.
“Yeah, I can take you there now.” He turned to Setsuko “You should come to as my grandpa might asks some questions about what happened while she was unconscious.” Setsuko nodded to this and said. “Well what are we waiting for?”
 
Shizune looked as the three walked in front of her, Mai and Tomoyo. Eureka and Setsuko were having a conversation while Renton kept looking at Eureka, thinking that no one looking, Mai and Tomoyo were laughing about how some of the other girls fell in the mud earlier in the day after trying to get Setsuko's attention. As much as that was funny, she preferred to see what was happening up in front of them.
“… and then he said that it was Kikoyana controlling him.” Eureka laughed and Shizune smiled as she heard Setsuko, recounting the first time that one of there class mates tried to fix a broken lift board when Renton was away one week.
“I have to ask, but doesn't Setsuko sound more of a girl's name, not a boy's.” Eureka said after her laughing fit had subsided, making everyone around laughing hard, even Setsuko. “Well, my parents wanted a girl and when they had me, well you can guess what they did.” Setsuko laughed out.
“So Renton.” Renton stoped laughing as he looked to Eureka.
“Yeah.” He answered.
“What is your family like? So I don't get surprised when I get there.” Renton froze while everyone else stopped.
“Did I say something wrong?” Eureka asked turning to everyone else.
“Renton just lives with his grandfather.” Mai said.
“His mother died in child birth and his older sister disappeared some years ago.” Tomoyo continued for her.
“And his father, Adroc Thurston, sacrificed himself in the Summer of Love.” Setsuko finished.
“Wait.” Eureka said with shock. “You mean his the son of THE Adroc Thurston.” Renton sighed after she said that making Setsuko laugh.
“I sometimes forget how much Renton hates being reminded who his father is.” He laughed on.
“Eh!! Why?” Asked Eureka with a confused look on her face. “I would have thought having someone like that as a father would be a god send.” She looked back to Renton who had a nervous look about himself.
“Hey guys. We're here.” Renton said suddenly turning around. `When did we start walking again?' Shizune thought as she looked up to see Renton's home.
Eureka looked at Renton's home with amazement. His home may not have been like a mansion or lavishly made. No, it reflected himself. Simply, but nicely, made with a garage that was three times the size of the house, showing that they were indeed mechanics.
“Don't be shocked on how grumpy my grandpa is.” Renton said scratching the back of his head as he knocked on the front door. The man who opened it was a healthy looking old man whose hair seemed to be going bald, couldn't just get there. He had a White t-shirt that had a red line that went down the area that went down were the buttons were and jeans and had a grumpy look on his face. He looked over Renton then to Setsuko followed by the three girls who had followed. And then his gaze finally rested on her and he frowned.
“I never thought I'd see this face again.”