Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Curse of Akumu Island ❯ Akumu ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Once upon a time....That’s a tad cliche if you ask me. But don’t all great fairytales with happy endings start off with that timeless line? They do even in some stories turned movies they do. But I think I will start it my way. Because the best fairytales they never tell because they best. They never have happily ever after’s.


On an Island, Akumu, there was child, a girl born to the Lord and Lady of the land. The Lord him self had golden hair that could make the sun jealous, beautiful green eyes that made mother nature herself envy. He was tall stood 6' even not an ounce of fat on his body. After all he was Lord Taiyou and he would want nothing more than greatness in his kingdom. When he came of age to marry to rule his kingdom he set out far and wide. For he himself would have nothing but perfection at his side. And Perfection did he find. Lady Tsuki, a princess from the east side of Akumu. He had found his perfection in her, hair as dark as midnight flowed like the ocean in the moonlight. Eyes that made stars look no more than rocks shined. Perfect 5'5" in his eyes it was just right for no woman should stand as tall as a man. He declared on that day he found her that she shall be his bride, and bore him a son. So his legacy shall live on shall he die. The kingdom was in an uproar with joyful cheers that their wonderful King has found his Queen.


A year later Lady Tsuki was to give birth to the Lords son. Everyone waited for the moment the babes wail should be heard through the castle walls. In the middle of night on All Hallows Eve. Lady Tsuki gave birth, to a babe there was no wail but the babe did not die. The Lord was so happy you could hear his cheers all through the land. But it was not a son she bore it was a daughter. The daughter was beautiful more so than her parents. Beautiful Midnight blue hair that made night sky weep in jealously, Perfect green eyes like her father though she was blessed with Mother Natures gift of green.

Out of the midst of all the cheers of joy that the Land had a princess. The sky grew dark and the stars hid. The wind howled through the castle walls blowing the candles out. And a baby’s wail was heard and Silver eyes open with a shock as if struck down my lightening themselfs. No one dared say a word Lady Tsuki’s maids in waiting and birthing nurses rushed out of the room. The Lords cry of outrage was the only sound heard among the cries of the baby.

“You dare birth me a child damned for life!! I thought it would pass I thought it was a Myth! You gave me a child on this night, Hallows Eve, knowing the Myth of Akumu!!” Lord Taiyou did not know if he should weep or be outraged by such facts. His darling perfect child was born on this cursed day.
Everyone knew the legend no one dare spoke of it. For no child had been born on such night in 100's of years. Yet he Lord Taiyou and his prefect bride, Lady Tsuki did just that. The moon and sun, night and day they are. Incomplete without the other. He never thought the Myth his grandfather told him was true.

Destined forever,
Forever Apart
The Sun
The Moon
Together cursed
Perfected by the sun
Yet Damned by the moon
A child destined
A fate of hate.

As a child he would ask his Grandfather and Grandmother what had the poem meant the said when he grew older and wiser he would understand the meaning behind the legend though believed myth. On this day he understood the meaning on this day he and his bride bore a daughter. He the sun, His wife the moon. They cursed their daughter. “Perfected by the sun” forever people would love her in the day for her beauty would be like no other spreading joy as the sun. “Damned by the moon” In the night she would be damned and hunted for what would happen she would need to feed off the living to survive. Until...

That’s it, The Lord thought, his daughter could be saved. He would send her away, away from Akumu, he would save his daughter no one would know of the curse but he and his wife. He would send his child with a locket and a note. He remembered his grandmother telling him and only him that the legend could be broken. His daughter would have a many trials ahead of her but she would survive. For there was a soul destined to be “Perfected by the moon and Damned by the sun” that needed her. Born on the day of spring was this child. His grandmother had told them that this child hide though. He not needed to be scared of being killed in the sun. He lucky for that matter, his daughter could night hide her nightly feature as beautiful as it was. Silver eyes that shined like the stars just could not be hidden. Such beauty shall not be hidden from no one.

The Lord turned to his tired yet still beautiful wife and kissed her gently on the crown of her head.

“Darling, are daughter of perfection we shall name her Akumu and send her far off where no one knows of the legend. We shall send her with, Madeline, she is the youngest yet her family is the most trust worthy in my kingdom and castle.” The Lords despair could be heard as his voice cracked he would not see if his child survived her first year.

Lady Tsuki could only nod, she would not trust her voice just yet. How could of this happen? To her daughter she should of grown to rule all of Akumu...Wait

“My Darling, Why did you insist that we name our daughter after the Island? Akumu means nightmare? Do you not know?” Lady Tsuki to question her Lords judgement but she was curious. Why would he name the island that was the cause of the curse?

Lord Taiyou sighed he knew should of asked, how could she not of?

“Tsuki, My love, Our daughter is just that a nightmare to this Island this curse should of never happened!! I will not put my people in danger because of that abomination, you chose to bore me instead of a normal child a son!!” He roared. His temper lost he would not show his grief he was King! He would not be weak.

Lord Taiyou tore his daughter from his wife and stormed at the birthing room. Down the castle halls covering the child’s face with a veil of black silk. Enough to breath yet to hide those piercing silver eyes that would forever haunt his days. He sought out Madeline, he would miss her dearly he grew up with her and knew her kind soul should not be burden with such but, he would not trust anyone with this secret. No he would not trust anyone with his perfect precious daughter.

“Madeline!!! I have found you at last” Lord Taiyou cried in relief.

Madeline bowed in respect to her Lord, “My Lord what ails you to seek me out in the night such as this?”

“Madeline, My closet and trusted friend, You must go you must take my daughter Akumu, Lady Tsuki and I...She...We bore the child of legend no one must hear of this! You must take her and leave! I will give you funds, and clothing and a horse to take to the boats you must leave This Island!” He cried desperately.

Madeline only could nod and take the babe from his arms. And the bag of coins of silver, golds and bronze.

“When my daughter is of age you will tell her of her destiny, you will give her this scroll.” Lord Taiyou whispered and kissed his precious daughter through the silk and hung the locket around her neck.

“You must go, Take the black horse, You must take him! He is fast and can not be seen in the night. I’m sorry my dear friend we could not grow old together.” He pushed them through the castle kitchen through the doors, into the gardens they ran reaching the stable. He tied rope around the stallions neck and a cloth on his back and hoisted Madeline on the horse. He gently held his daughter for one last time before handing her over to Madeline. He gave the horse a gently shove watched as they tore through the night melting and becoming one with darkness.

“I will love you my darling, my princess, My Akumu.” Lord Taiyou walked out of the stable into the garden and stole a glance and the moon. The Great Lord, Fell to his knees and cried. That is how his love, Lady Tsuki found him. And they silently cried for the daughter they will never have.

Upon sun rise, The had told the castle their daughter had died only wee hours after birth and they would like ti silently grieve. The word spread through the town, The Lords daughter had night lived through the night. But would know they would try again and for they would have a son! So their fears of not having a ruling if their Lord shall pass was ended with the thought of Lady Tsuki and Lord Taiyou giving their kingdom a son. After all no girl was ever born into the, Yogen Family after all.






~~~
Taiyou- Sun
Tsuki- Moon
Akumu- Nightmare
Yogen- Prophecy


Please Review!
Flames Welcomed
This is only going to be a oneshot unless enough people ask for it to be turned into a story.
It isn't Japanese based only by the names because They make more sense in the whole story to me!


Moon Princess~~