Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Curse of Akumu Island ❯ Finding the Truth ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
A/N: I wasn't going to update this at first, but I thought what the heck! Might as well. I have alot written well some what written for it. I am sorry for the grammer and spelling its not my best subject! But I do hope you like it!!!


Chapter 1



Madeline rode through the night silently as she could. When she would see travelers upon the main road she would turn to the words on the great stallion. Akumu, the babe they had named after the curse had not cried at all. As soon as they was close enough to the docks away from all. Because no one dared to go to the docks after all why leave such a perfect and happy place? To this day no one could ever remember leaving Akumu Island or coming to the island. There was a boat small in size with 2 oars sitting on next to the dock.

Since she was a child she couldn’t remember ever there being a boat on this island. Her mother once said.

“My darling child of course no one marries someone from a far away land! What a foolish thought my child. If you want to marry you simple go to one of the sides of Akumu, the Yogen family is the center of the Island they whole the most power. So if you want to marry someone you simply go to the East, West, North, or South side of Akumu. It keeps things in order this way so no one marries into family.”

Madeline ponder this thought for awhile. How did the people of Akumu Island In the first place? Before she got lost in thought the stallion came to a halt signaling that they have reached their destination. She silently yet quickly jumped off the horse and stroked his mane thanking him and pushing him back to his home after all. All the Yogen clans horses was trained to return. Madeline jogged the short distance to the boat, stepped in keeping her balance steady it would do no good for her or the child to be wet. Once steady she cast one last quick glance to the place she’s ever known and pushed off with silent tears streaming down moonlight milky skin.

Madeline decided that is was now safe to peek under Akumu’s veil. Slowly she lifted the veil as if waiting to see if the babe was hideous. She gasped almost inaudibly, Akumu’s eyes glowed like stars. No this babes eyes would make even the brightest star jealous of the shine. Now she knew why her Lord Taiyou wanted his daughter gone from Akumu. Now she knew why Lord Taiyou would come to her and only her. If the Island knew of this, all order would be gone and utter chaos would abrupt all through the land and The Island Akumu would perish.

With only mere hours till the waking sun Madeline thought it would be good to sleep and wake with the sun. She and Akumu, would make a new life. Akumu would become her daughter, and she would protect her from the world that would find her nightly appearance strange and hate her for it.

So she kissed the babes head and whispered a silent pray to the gods to protect Akumu and her from whatever shall evil shall cross their paths on this journey.


Madeline woke with a start drenched in sweat and looked at up the pale ceiling that she had come accustomed to over the years. She had the dream every year near this date. How could she not? That night had change her life, changed the world for her as she grew up to know.

“Mom? Are you okay I heard your harsh breathing out in the living room.” A beautiful woman stood 5'7 easily with long flowing midnight blue tresses, and hour glass figure more on the petite side. But what made her stand out was her eyes, shocking silver eyes stared in wonder with black slits as irises.

“I’m fine Akumu, don’t fret and rid of the frown it makes wrinkles you know, my darling child.” Madeline looked at what she thought of her daughter, It has been so long 19 years in fact.

“Can I get you anything, a bottle of water? What’s bothering you? Why won’t you tell me? I only want to help you mother.” Akumu sighed she knew this was useless and pointless. For as long as she could remember these “dreams” had been plaguing her mother.

Madeline sighed, It was past due time she told her. Even though she was only trying to protect to her from her fate just a moment longer but, her daughter was no longer a child. And this was not Akumu Island.

After she woke from the nap she took all those years ago almost 20 years in fact. A large ship. A fishing boat she found out, had come upon.

“Oi! Ma’am, Wha chye doin in dat dinky boat!? A tide could wash dat eway? A storm is comin from thy east mind ye. Come aboard my ship we make sure that ye and thy babe get to land safely” A man in a old dirty brown coat with shaggy graying black hair and dull brown eyes with tanned skin, yelled at her.

“My name is Yogen, Yogen Madeline I come not far from here from an Island this is the only boat they have to spare. I thank you kind sir for your offer and I shall take it, if not for me than for my daughter.” Madeline knew she have not said her name was Yogen, But she had thought that if only would the Kings name get her more help.

“Yogen, ye say? I never heard of such name! And an Island ye say? Oi! Tom me boy did ye hear this lass says that there be an island out here.”

Tom, A 6 foot light blonde blues stared at the captain in wonder. Than he quickly averted his eyes to the water where the Captain was helping a woman with a babe? Onto the ship.

“Captain? An Island? Ma’am, what is the name of this Island in my few years upon studying I don’t think I’ve come across anything in my research.” Tom asked as he gazed lingered the young woman, she couldn’t be no older than 20!! She had light brown hair and light brown eyes and a small figure.

“The Island, Is called Akumu? I grew up there in the castle with my lord.” Madeline replayed. How could they not know this Island? It has always been there!

A loud chuckle could be heard from the Captain.
“Akumu ye say? Well I’ll be what sailor told you such Myth? Akumu Island is nothing more than a mere sailors tale they tell during dark nights on Hallows Eve to scare wee young ones. But I haven’t heard of it since I was a boy. That was a mere 40 years ago round’ id say 1960 almost thy 70's.” He laughed again at such a thought.

“I’m sorry I must of been mistaken I, was prisoner in my home. I was only aloud to do house work, My lord he didn’t let one such as lowly as me out into the world I had no clue what year it is.” Madeline winced, she prayed her lord would forgive her.

“Well, Ma’am please come inside and lets get you warmed up” The gently voice of Tom broke her from her thoughts.


“Mom? Mom?! MOM!” Akumu was getting annoyed she had been trying to see if her mother was okay but she had completely zoned out on her.

“I think its time Akumu, I gave you something from your father, and tell you a story. Its been long enough you need to know, my child” Madeline dreaded this but it was time now. She had been holding this in long enough.

Akumu just nodded she wasn’t sure if she was hearing things right. Her father? She thought he had abandoned her why would her mother had something for from him? Would she even want it?

Madeline took out an old but well kept piece of rolled up scroll with the Yogen seal on it.

“I want you to read this first and I will tell you the story if you ask, But please remember one thing, I love you with everything that I am my darling.” Madeline wanted to cry but she had to be strong. This was not a time to break.

Akumu slowly took the scroll and looked at the read seal it looked like, a Sun almost. She opened it carefully afraid that it was going to fall apart.

“My daughter, I know if your reading this that your life has been spared. I wish I was there to watch you grow into a beautiful woman. I did not want to cast you out of Akumu Island, But had to save you from the hate that would have been brought to you if you would of stayed. Hope Madeline is still with you caring for you my darling. I shall tell you a little about your background but not much for time is not on my side this night.
I am Lord Taiyou Yogen, I am the King of all Akumu I reside in the center of the Island, Your mother, Is Lady Tsuki Princess to the East, But Queen to all Akumu. Yes my darling you was named after this Island, You are Princess of Akumu. If it was in my power you would one day be Queen of Akumu. But my darling fate has destined you for another path.
A curse my darling, you was born with the curse of Akumu. I know not where you are but none should know of this curse. I will pray that you are safe with each passing day and that when you have find a way to free yourself of Curse Of Akumu Island you will come back to the Island, It is your home forever. Madeline will surely tell you more she is a dear friend. I hope that you have your mothers beauty my child, I am sorry that I can not spare more in detail. One day we shall meet and I will tell you all the tales my Father and Grandfather told me. To insure everyone knows that you are Yogen Clan, You have a locket that shall be enough it is a symbol of where you come from. I hope where ever you may be darling, That you are as loved as you would of been here.

Sincerely
Your Father
King Taiyou of Akumu Island