Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Curse of Akumu Island ❯ Feelings ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
A/N: Do you think I should change the rating? I mean I will change it in the near future, but I am unsure of that tiny bit of information there. I do hope you like these I'm taking advice on what she should be. As of right now its just hanging in the balance I have an Idea but I want there to be more. Thanks for taking the time out to reading this
Ciao~


Chapter 3




Akumu re-read the scroll, She was a princess? To an Island that doesn’t exist? Nothing but a mere legend a sailors tale they told on all Hallows Eve and she was Cursed at that! What a laugh. And that was what she did was laugh.

“STOP IT!! I know you think that Akumu is nothing but a legend! Its not, Haven’t you ever wonder why your eyes are as green as the grass? A gift from mother nature herself! Or you hair a Midnight blue enough to make the night sky envy you! Or your eyes, My darling why they turn to silver every so often no more so? It’s true, Akumu Island is real. Nothing but a myth to those today. I know you don’t believe me but, please look into I know in today’s world there has to be a way to tell!” Madeline cried desperately she had to make her believe she had to stop the curse from becoming true in a months time!


Akumu stopped laughing after her ‘mothers’ outburst. She never lied to her before, she wouldn’t lie to her now would she?

Akumu looked at her ‘mother’ “IF what you say is true than this so called Akumu Island should be on the internet? Right I mean everything else is there why not this place.”

Madeline side, “Akumu is real, but to the outside world its nothing but a myth something sailors tale on stormy nights. There is a slim chance that it be on the internet my darling, Akumu, maybe if you try the books at one of the history museums around here? Ask them if you can search there archives, in look into Island that have disappeared maybe?” Madeline shook her graying dirty blonde hair and her stormy blue eyes dull in the night light.

Madeline still had one more question to ask that had been on her mind though.
“Are you not mad that I am not your real mother? That I’ve kept this from you” She dreaded the answer but she had to know.

Akumu thought about how she was going to word this because to her it was simple but she knew her ‘mother’ would want more than that.

“I suppose I always knew you was different, You’re hair is blonde after all, and your eyes are blue. And Your blood is different from mine” Akumu off handedly said.

“My blood? How does my blood play in this?” Madeline hoped what she thought wasn’t about surface if so, helping her daughter figure out that Akumu was a real island, was the least of her worries.

“Its hard to explain but certain times, Its almost like a smell, Some people have a sweeter smell. Children smell of innocence like, Most people smell tainted in certain areas like its dirty almost. Its confusing you don’t sense or smell that?” Akumu thought everyone knew things like this. She just thought no one mentioned it to kept the privacy of others.

Madeline’s eyes widen, It’s true! ‘How do I tell her that she’s dammed to walk the night? How do I tell her, my child, that she has to kill in order to survive?’ Just myth they always said. Something to scare the children they always said. And her darling daughter, is more than a legend or a myth. To everyone else in the world.

She’s a walking nightmare.

“I know you do not believe, in truth, I do not believe it myself. You know vampires are just a story to most though, some do believe they are real...” Before Madeline finished Akumu interrupted her.

“Ha, surely you jest? You’re not stating that I am a vampire?” Akumu barked out with a laugh.

“NO! That is not what I am stating. You are more than that, but in a way something very similar. You are almost like a demon who seduces men with the intent to kill them. But,” Again she was interrupted. Madeline sighed ‘This is getting a tad bothersome’

“So, im sort of in a figure of speech like a succubus?” Akumu really wanted to laugh till she was in tears but she would humor her mother and plus the letter from her so called ‘father’ seemed real enough.

“If you would kindly let me finish child I will tell you. You no it is improper manners to interrupt one when speaking! As I was saying in a way yes but unlike the succubus mind you in Latin it basically means prostitute. You bring them in, as I said you was damned but do not think you will turn into some gruesome monster. No your beauty is still intact but so much more. Your eyes will lure them in as you plot how you will drain them of their life blood. I’m sure there is more to the Curse of Akumu than that. But no one honestly knows.” Madeline, so badly wanted to be in tears. But she would not be weak, she would be strong if her daughter needed her it was her job as a mother.

Akumu sat on the edge of the chair. Was she to believe such, such mockery almost of all legends in a way combined into one? But her mother had never lied to her. She wouldn’t start now. No, she would just look more into it.

Akumu sighed, “Mother, I...I want to believe you, I do maybe I should take the advice from earlier and try to do some research in the old libraries at in town? Or maybe some searching on the internet might help.”

They stared at each other for a while. Madeline than thought of the locket, her daughter had when she was entrusted with her. Maybe, that might help. Maybe a historian at the local history museum might be able to shed some light?

Madeline sat there trying to remember where she hid the locket. She looked around her room. The beige colored walls, with golden silk curtains, her bed was a queen with a dark brown gold embroider trim, her throw rug a swirl of almost golden brown, and her beautiful wood floors. That’s it! She pushed off the bed and went to the floor pushing the rug aside. Lifting the loose plank. There it was nestled in Akumu’s black baby cloak, was the silver locket. A small sun with a moon in the corner. Lord Taiyou and Lady Tsuki’s combined symbols of their title on the Island of Akumu.

“I...I didn’t mean to keep this from you. I thought it would be easier to explain to you once you got older who you are. Into more detail where you would understand. The value of it here for the silver alone is worth some. But on the Island of Akumu, It states that you are the daughter of the two, Lord Taiyou and Lady Tsuki. Maybe if you take this, to the historian they might be able to tell you at least something of it history. But I will tell you everything I can of your parents and Akumu Island to my best.” Madeline handed her daughter the locket, but kept the cloak for safe keeping.

Akumu stared at her Mother and than back to the locking that was cradled in her hand. Maybe this was true? Maybe that is why she felt out of place most of the time? She knew her mother wouldn’t go through all this trouble just to pull a prank. Maybe she should look a little further into. She had proof, the letter and the locket.

Akumu looked back up at her mother, twirling the locket around her fingers. Looked at the clock it read, 4:34am.

“Later, I’ll go later today and look into this. If, what you’re saying is true, Than I’ll listen to the stories you have to tell. But, I’m still not sure about all this. It seems a little far-fetched mother.” Akumu told her softly.

Madeline got up and hugged her daughter and lightly kissed her forehead.

“Okay, Goodnight my child, I love you.” Madeline said.

“Goodnight mother, love you too.” Akumu watched her mother lay back in bed before walking over and kissing her on the cheek. Than walking out of her mothers room closing the door half way.

Akumu walked around the house for a while just thinking over the things she was told.

‘Could all this help me better understand myself? Could it be possible that all the tales I use to hear about this Island are true?’

Thoughts and question was all that occupied Akumu brain, as she walked down into the basement which she decorated as her very own room and personally living space.

As she stopped at the entry way she looked around, the walls was painted a dark blue with a silver glint to it almost like the night sky. She had a silver curtain that boxed in her bed giving it a more private feel. She had a black couch in the corner with two tables on each side. Each with lambs, black for the base and silver for the shades. Her carpeted floor was black with a white moon in the corner. She had a big screen tv across from the couch and a mini fridge in the far corner next to her desk.

She spotted her custom black with silver star laptop sitting on the desk still on. She slowly walked over to it sat down in her black computer chair.

‘Should I see if anything does come up in a search? It wouldn’t hurt. I’m just being curious, yes that’s it curious.’

Placing her fingers on the keys she slowly typed in the search box “Akumu Island”. After a few seconds a few things popped up 3 total.

‘Akumu Island the story of sailors’
‘Akumu Kanji for tattoos?’
‘Akumu Island myth? Or Real?’

She clicked on the first one and the last one into different tabs closing out the search tab.

She looked over the page for a bit until she found something of her interest on the first one she clicked;

‘It’s said that in the stories are grandfathers told us on the ships. That Akumu was a great island in the 1500's with kings, queens, lords and ladies that ruled the land. The last known king and queen was Lord Taiyou and Lady Tsuki. They had 1 child but it was dead upon its first few moments of living or so told. Few believe that the child was a curse of Akumu Island. Since born on all Hallows Eve. She was born to the sun and the moon. Perfected by the sun, but damned by the Moon. Those we believe in the legend say that the child was rejected by the parents and so not to bring the curse to the island tossed her into the ocean in hopes of saving them selves.’

Akumu sighed she really didn’t want to know that if the story was true. She closed out that tab, and skimmed over the last one she clicked after finding something that might be of use to her she slowly read over it.

‘The Island of Akumu. Some say that the Island is real yet no one has been able to find it on no maps. Few believe that since the myth states it cursed since the child was born and banished from the island. That it has vanished from view and the key is her. But it sounds more like something you’d tell for a bedtime story I know my grandparents....’

“A lot of help that was, and who cares about what someone’s grandparents told me” Mumbled Akumu.

She logged off and shut her laptop down, slowly got out of her chair walking over to her bed and pushing her curtain aside and plopped down.

‘I’ll get a few hours of sleep before I get up to go do some research on this island’ After finishing that thought she closed her eyes and soon feel asleep.