Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ V Vampire Nothing More ❯ A Vampire nothing more ( Prologue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Waiting alone in my world of solitude, listening hoping for some sort of reason to resurrect myself into a new generation. For I just pay attention to nothing but the sands of time, gradually passing by me, for eternity is the path I walk nothing more.

I long for a companion to share my personal agony with, that way eternity won't be as dreadful as I thought. No matter how hard I tried tragedy would acquire the soul of the one I loved, and wont come back to harvest my soul, thus put an end to this endless pain and suffering inside. The only reason why I agreed to become a part of the dammed was, he promised to take away my broken heart. I now regret to his proposal for I can never die from sunlight or any other way of causing demise to a vampire. This punishment I endure is what the rest of the coven would consider a gift, in which they would lust to have.

I now wonder if the lord was truly there for me, if he was he would have prevented my soul from becoming a part of them. I wish I listened to my little voice, demanding me not follow the voices in the night. I ignored the voice yelling at me, and still I followed the faint voice calling me at the corner of father's field. I was then forced into hiding the year 1492 when my family discovered my dark secret, leaving me no choice but to flee. That was centuries ago, and I'm now trapped in the twenty-first century. This was considered to be a dismal time for me.

In order for me to survive, I have to drink the blood of mortals and animals alike. Not only does it feed me, it also educates me about the victim from their blood, and the world I'm forbidden to know. I did try to starve myself at one time from the taste of blood, but all it did was construct cravings like it was nothing. For now the faces of those I drained haunt my every thought and move, knowing I can't escape from the reason why I murdered the innocent.

In this new day and age I wish that I could find a cure for my infection, and become mortal again. Within my eyes that would be a paradise I couldn't resist. Unfortunately I know that it is impossible, if I could even for a day be human I would trade immortality for. That would be a treasure more precious then life itself, and I would never forget how that would feel to be mortal again. I would like to disagree with the truth; I'm nothing more then an immortal vampire.