Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ V Vampire Nothing More ❯ Loveless ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

My name is Lewis Bendigo and I'm a vampire from the late fourteenth century in England. I was fifteen when I became a vampire; but maybe I should explain a bit about myself to you, before I go any farther. I was born in a small town called Greenwich, England on January 23, 1477.
 
In the year 1482 my father Richard Bendigo, arranged for me to marry a young maiden, who was known as Lilium Dutch. She was elegant for her age. Four months had passed after the wedding was arranged. Lilium grew ill, when a rat bit her on the hand while she was helping her mother in the garden. I figured it was nothing fatal, and that she would be ok. She died two weeks after she got bit. My father two years after her death arranged another wedding.
 
This time to a maiden named Jessica Lavender, (to me that was the strangest name) but she preferred to be called Jessie. Two years later she died, she committed suicide claiming that she was seeing the devil, and that he wanted to steal her soul. I was devastated for I was falling in love with her, then all of a sudden she did that to herself. My father kept arranging weddings for me, but all that happened was them dieing.
 
For five years this kept on going. I just finally told my father to give up on finding me a bride and to just find my three sisters husbands. It was just pointless to even look for a bride anymore; they just keep on dieing for various reasons, in which they all had one thing in common, which were the marriage didn't last more then two years if that.
 
Three years past after I told him to give up on finding me a wife, so he found all my sisters husbands and they moved out a few weeks ago. My father was now dieing and he wanted me to take over the plantation, a sword and all the money that was left after my sisters' dowries. How could I refuse I had nothing else, my mother died after giving birth to me, my three sisters were now married and leading their own lives, and my father was going to pass away soon. So literally I had nothing else to do with myself, but take over the plantation. I was now alone for my father had died a couple days after handing over the plantation, his sword, and what ever wealth that was left.