Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ V Vampire Nothing More ❯ Pain ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Three years past after I told him to give up on finding me a wife, so he found all my sisters husbands and they moved out a few weeks ago. My father was now dieing and he wanted me to take over the plantation, a sword and all the money that was left after my sisters' dowries. How could I refuse I had nothing else, my mother died after giving birth to me, my three sisters were now married and leading their own lives, and my father was going to pass away soon. So literally I had nothing else to do with myself, but take over the plantation. I was now alone for my father had died a couple days after handing over the plantation, his sword, and what ever wealth that was left.
 
It had been seven weeks since his death, and well it was harder to manage the fields without help. It soon became normal for me to be out in the fields, when others call it a day. I did find it torturous, to work all day and deep into the night, and when I'm done I come in and there is no one there to appreciate what I had accomplished in one day. On a night that seemed like any other, it felt as if I was being watched from the farthest point of the plantation. When I finally got tired of the feeling of being watched, I went to that end of the plantation with the sword out of its sheath.
 
It just reminded me of how my father before he died, requested for me to take his sword. He begged, "Please, son take my sword, never take it off for any reason. You do not know when you might need it." At first I refused, but then I gave in, and took his sword with gilt knowing, I just obtained his second most prized possession, besides the family which I never could take from him, nor did I want to. When I sighed, "Yes father, I'll take your sword." He just smiled at me, as if I had made his day. While I stared at him, he just shut his eyes with a smile on his face as if he was at peace for the first time.
 
As I was saying before I got distracted with the whole memory of my father's death. Inching towards the corner of the field, my heart felt as it was going to stop when I looked upon a young woman no older then fifteen, her smile was very warming when she slowly walked up to me asking for shelter. With a heavy heart I simply told her, “Yes, you may stay with me.” I haven't had any company in what felt like an eternity. We walked back to the small cottage, when I offered something to eat and drink. She just politely said, “No, thank you for some food, but I wouldn't mind something to drink.” We stayed up and talked for hours on end, she requested to go to sleep.
 
During the night while I slept a sharp pain conjured around the junction of my neck. I woke up to see her mounted on top of me ripping and sucking into my neck. Throttling my head around desperately trying to get her grip upon my throat to loosen even by a little, but she still held on. I could feel my mind starting to twist into a haze from fighting and blood loss. When I finally gave up fighting and let her drain me, my expectations were she would drain me dry, but in an acquired twist of events she cut her neck and whispered into my ear, “Please drink or you won't survive.” I placed my lips over her wound and sipped the blood she had offered to me. Her eyes started too turn white from the amount of blood I was taking in ever so greedily, but her blood was sweet and tasted like mint. She stated to moan and holding my head into her neck.