Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction ❯ Believe ❯ Changes ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
I went home that day trying to think through my day. "I'm going up to my room," I yelled to my mom. I raced up the stairs, closed the door, and threw my backpack on a chair. Laying on the bed and tried to remember the features and details I had noticed. Closing my eyes I took a breath and started to think. But before I could something out of the ordinary happens. Pictures flash before me but my eyes are still closed. I see the faces of the men and mine for sure. The rest travels to fast. Opening my eyes I try to catch my breath. "What just happened," I breathed. I looked at the clock that now read 9:43. "I fell asleep? But it was so real." To tired to think I changed into some pajamas and went back to my bed. For some reason it was harder to sleep. I tried to get comfortable but nothing seemed to work. I sighed waiting for the night to be over. The next morning I was still awake. Peering at the clock I got up. It was about 7:00. I walked downstairs to eat breakfast. My mom made a feast like every morning but today I couldn't eat all of it. It was to much. "Weird," I whispered under my breath. I grabbed my backpack and started walking towards school slowly hoping the men wouldn't be there. "At least it's a Friday. Then I don't have to think about those two." Walking into the school I had yet to see them. Sighing with relief I walk to my first class. Putting my Ipod in as I walked, I closed my eyes trying to regain some sleep that I had lost. Tripping I face planted the ground. "Ow," I moaned. "Watch where you..." I looked up to see the tall man standing over me. "Um I didn't... I mean I shouldn't... I'm going to go." I picked up my things to race off but he grabbed me by the collar of my shirt. He turned me around so I was facing him. "Walk with your eyes open next time," he warned. I nodded frightened and he dropped me as the bell rang. Picking up my things I race off to class. In class I took note but not to the subject. Writing down all his attributes I scanned over them. "Strong. Tall. Attitude. What could it be." The bell rang telling her to move on. Sauntering slowly to my locker I hid the notebook and grabbed my other things. Turning around was the tall man again. I cut around him to my next class. The day seemed so slow. It never seemed to end. I bit my lip and held my breath as it was the end of my last class. The final bell rang setting me free. I sighed happily as I walked out of the classroom. "I can check out some of the details tonight." I got my backpack packed and set it down on the ground not seeing my notebook. I took everything out of my locker but nothing. "Where is it?" Looking confused I went to the floor looking through my locker that was now on the floor. "Looking for this," the two men asked looming over me. I gasped. "Um yes. Thank you," I said grabbing for it slowly. The short one took it from the tall one and put it away. "Hey! That's mine. Give it back," I fought. The tall man laughed amused. He picked me up with one hand and set me on my feet. "You will never know what and why we are here. Just give up girl," he said as a warning. "Oh whatever will I do," I said under my breath. "Fine keep it." I picked up my things and ran home. I smiled as I ran. I pulled out the sheet of paper I had written the traits on. "I'm not that stupid."