Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction ❯ The Island ❯ Prolog ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Prologue
Holly Istar wasn't your average thirteen year old girl, Holly was a poor, low income yet hardworking tomboy daughter of a famous sea explorer by the name of Jack Istar. However, even though this Holly character may sound like a poverty welfare child but this girl is nothing like that and even has made some friends in high places. For example, Prince Takaru, who happens to be the most accident prone, adventurous prince you, will ever meet. They met when Holly's father accidentally left her at the castle while doing a daily quest for his majesty, King Edward. Then there's Mimi Harrison, a very stubborn, wealthy, kind of nosey person but nevertheless the girl is a great adventurer when she isn't complaining and will eventually warm up to people close to her.
Anyway, these three teenagers live on a small island named after their king in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and they, up to their knowledge, are the continent around… Nevertheless, no one is sure about that. That is why they have recruited sea explorers, hoping to find new worlds and new civilizations to communicate with. However, there is one small problem, only men over 19 can join the sea explorers and anyone under 19 is forbidden to go anywhere other then the high royalty area and the coastal area…this can't be good when you have 3 teens from different backgrounds, all adventurous and all cooped up on a restricted petite island… Let us see how they are handling things…