Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction ❯ The Island ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

.Chapter 1.
A huge tile on the ground slid open within a dark, misty shrine that was usually forbidden for all the people of Edward Island. The shrine was once a beautiful golden palace but the years had worn away its natural beauty and now only some walls, statues and the underground tombs remained. As the tile that was the entrance for a tomb opened slowly a teenage male's voice erupted from the opening.
OUCH! Would you mind not standing on my bloody head, Holly?”, “Yes I do and keep it down you klutz! Do you really want to wake up the whole island,” snapped a feminine voice. Suddenly a shoulder length blonde-haired, blue-eyed teenage girl pulled herself out of opening. She was wore a blood red t-shirt with dark blue low cut jeans, slightly dirtied from exploring down below, she had black ribbons tied to her wrists and light black eye shadow on. This mysterious blonde haired girl was of course our soon-to-be-hero Holly Istar. Holly turned back to the opening and offered her hand to her comrade still within the tomb. This comrade appeared to be a dirty blonde haired boy with dark hazel eyes as holly pulled him up from the tomb. The boy's attire consisted of black jeans, a dirtied white shirt, and a denim jacket.
Takaru can we please stop searching for tonight, seriously we've been looking through those ruins forever and I have to say goodbye to my father tomorrow! You know that he has another stupid quest to go on no thanks to your father!” Holly said slightly out of breath. “Yeah I guess we should go eh? It is already four in the morning…” Takaru, also known as Takaru, said closing the entrance to the tomb and covering it with dirt. Holly stared at Takaru, holding back the sudden urge to smack the boy for keeping her out so late just so they could mindlessly search these ruins and find nothing every single night, instead Holly growled lightly out of frustration. “Four in the morning, Takaru you idiot now I'll only get two hours of damned sleep!”
Oh holly, where did your sense of adventure go,” Takaru said jokingly, not seeing the seriousness of the situation unlike Holly. “ Well god knows when I'll ever see him again, damn it Takaru you know these quests your father brings out take forever to complete to his liking, you know how close I am to my father!” Holly said getting up and dusting herself off, Takaru also stood up and dusted himself off then turned to Holly. “Okay fine I'm sorry, but remember to come back tonight…We just have to find out what's behind that door we found,” He said yawning lightly.
Sure Takaru, whatever, I just want to get into that tomb,” Holly stated, gesturing to the small structure in the middle of all the ruins. The years were not kind to it, as the small building, no bigger then most living rooms, looked ready to collapse at any given minute. Yet with the combined effort of Holly and Prince Takaru, the sacred tomb remained sealed shut, as if refusing to share its secrets with the two adventurous teens. “Why would you possibly want to go in there, dad said there are only dead bodies in there?” Takaru said blinking in shock, Holly laughed and patted Takaru on the shoulder sympathetically.
Takaru, if there were only dead bodies here why would your father forbid anyone from coming here?” Holly said with a smirk on her face knowing she had made a good point. Takaru opened his mouth to retort but came to no avail, seeing his speechlessness, Holly smirked and started walking off towards the village. Takaru sighed in frustration then gave up trying to prove holly wrong and followed her. “Well what are you going to do; my father is the King after all…” He said shrugging. Holly nodded in agreement and did not say another word until they approached the steel gates of the high royalty area where Takaru resided. They smiled at each other knowing they had successfully broken the law once again right under the nose of the king.
Takaru gave a small friendly hug to Holly before climbing over the gates and rushing back to his house. Holly watched Takaru until he was out of sight and most likely would return home uncaught, `now the tricky part… Getting me home,” Holly thought mentally kicking herself for not keeping an eye on the time; her father was surely up by now. Holly sprinted down the trail leading to the coastal village where she resided. Ten minutes later, she neared the edge of a small cliff that was a good 15 feet away from the window of her bedroom; she sat down and stared at the house looking for any sign of life. The house was old but still in good condition thanks to concrete walls, it was a one story house where Holly lived up in the attic. She was relieved to see not a single light was on in the household.
Holly turned to the oak tree beside her and quickly climbed it and grabbed a red backpack conveniently placed there, she opened it up and took out a 6-foot long rope. “Damn it, it's not long enough…” She cursed looking around, the gears in her head turning 100 miles an hour, suddenly she smirked at she stared at the oak tree's branch. “Should I risk it…? As I've learned in the past sand doesn't really cushion the fall…” She thought aloud looking and the white sand below, `what other choice do I have… If I come in the front door everyone will know I've been gone' she cringed at the thought. Holly shook her head, ran to the oak branch, and quickly tied an end of the rope to it. `Holly tightens her grip on the rope, ready to risk her butt to swing dangerously to her window sill, drum roll please.' Holly narrated in her head and giggled; she backed up and took a deep breath. “Please let me make it,” Holly silently pleaded before bolting towards the edge of the cliff and swinging herself into the air.

Holly completed a few front flips before neatly landing on the sill of her window, making a small thud sound in the process. She cautiously stood up and did an over dramatic bow to the audience in her head before realizing how insane this was and got back to her next task; getting into her room unnoticed. She carefully opened the window and stepped inside her petite room. Grinning evilly, Holly praised herself for a job well done of being undetected by her folks, just as she was about to go to sleep she heard the worst thing in the world to hear at that moment ; “So how's the old shrine doing Sweetheart?” only two words could describe this moment…
Oh, Shit