Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction ❯ The Island ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

.Chapter 1.
Holly froze completely, the sound that she had just heard came from her father who by her luck, was standing right behind her. Gathering up her courage, she turned to see her father smiling at her, “h-hi Dad….” She said kicking herself mentally for stuttering. Her father, Jack Istar, shook his head laughing lightly and sat down on her bed. “Sweetheart you know I'm not mad at you right? There is no real need to be shaking and stuttering,” Jack pointed out. Holly looked at her hand and found that she was indeed shaking; she hid her hands behind her back and cast a downward glance to the floor in shame. “Holly, my have you grown…And right under my nose, why I haven't seen it I do not know. You're acting more and more like your mother everyday,” Jack stated, Holly's head shot up at the mentioning of her late mother Renee Istar, who had died in a sea accident when Holly was at the tender age of four.
Big surprise huh? You're mother was a very adventurous girl, girl like you, who do u think busted open all those places where you're always investigating with Prince Takaru,” He said smiling. “How the heck do you know that?” Holly said staring at her father in pure shock. Her father just laughed in return and stood up, “well I can't say I totally agree with what you're doing but if you're anything like your mother you will go behind my back and do it anyway. But just do this one favor for me, don't leave the island no matter what you find out, wait till I come back…” Jack said stroking holly's hair, Holly nodded half-heartedly.

Jack smiled and walked out of Holly's room, Holly looked around her plain room. The walls were bare except for the lacey curtains, a concrete floor with only a solitary small-shagged rug upon it and a plain bed and dresser…It was the best they could buy with the money they had. `If I ever get a chance to get out of this dump I'm taking it… sorry Dad' Holly declared in her head before finally hitting the sack.
A few hours later Holly jolted up and out of her bed and practically flew down the stairs to the kitchen where her Aunt Jean was contently making a sandwich. “Jean what time is it?” Holly asked franticly looking for a clock, “Holly, its late. Your father is already at the docks!” The middle-aged brown-haired woman said, her gaze not moving from the lunch she was making. Holly's eyes widened and she turned towards the door, “Holly, before u go take this to your father…” Jean trailed wrapping up a small lunch for the Sea Explorer. Holly grabbed it and bolted out the door like a bat out of hell, she ran down the beach and up the marbled steps to the docks where men were lifting heavy crates of food and other supplies onto the ship. Holly, who was currently yelling obscenities in her head, jumped onto the ship and started her frantic search for her father.
After ten minutes of searching with no avail, Holly worriedly screamed out her father's name. Within minutes, her father had run up to her in a panic fearing something worse then a case of oversleeping had occurred. “Holly what's wrong, please don't tell me Jean has burned down the house already!” Her father said panting heavily, Holly blinked in confusion at him and simply handed him his lunch. “Oh, don't scare me like that Holly!” Jack said hugging her tight, Holly giggled and nodded before her eye caught glimpse of a neatly wrapped package behind her fathers back. Jack, catching her eye, picked up the package and handed it to her, it was an oddly long one with blue ribbon tying it shut. “Holly… I was originally going to give this to you for your birthday but since I might not be here… I thought now would be a better time,” He said as Holly carefully undid the ribbon and opened the box.
A long, beautiful sword revealed itself before her. The blade itself was a thing of beauty, not a speck of dirt had seemed to touch it, the handle was black as night and had a single red jewel imbedded into it. “Wow, Dad this is beautiful… But I thought you hated the idea of me having a weapon?” Holly asked, her eyes never leaving the sword. “I do, but I know if you're anything like your mother you'll be putting yourself in any danger you can get your hands on, so I figure if you have a good weapon there's less of a chance of you getting yourself killed while I'm gone.” Jack said as the horn blew signaling the five-minute warning for the shipmates loved ones. Holly gave her father one last hug as he walked off to help haul in the last of the crates.
Holly held up the sword to admire its beauty, and in the process caught a glimpse of a stole away ducking behind a barrel within the blade. Grinning evilly, Holly ran towards the barrels, jumped on top of one, and pointed her blade directly at the throat of a pink haired, aqua-eyed stubborn 14-year-old girl, also known by the name of Mimi. Mimi jumped back and gasped, Holly giggled at the shaken form of the usually hotheaded girl. Mentioned hotheaded pink haired girl glared at Holly for her cruel trick. “Holly what the hell are you trying to do? Kill me or something!” Mimi growled at her. “Oh damn Mimi you figured out my master plan!” Holly said laughing, “If I can't go on this voyage then neither can you!” With that said Holly grabbed Mimi's hand and dragged her off the ship, where Mimi snatched her hand away and coolly ran it through her hair, retaining her calm cool upper class image to the public.
See you when you return Dad, I love you!” Holly screamed at the ship and grinned when she saw her father wave to her. She turned back to Mimi and looked at her usual preppy attire, today this included a flowery tank top, white Capri's, pink runner and a silk pink ribbon tied around her neck. “So, how's it going Richy,” Holly grinned, teasing her about her wealth, Mimi growled lightly but kept her cool for the sake of being in public, “Not bad… Where the hell did you get that sword from anyway?”
It was a present from my Father,” Holly said grinning and sliding the sword into one of her belt loops. “My god you're family is nothing but a bunch of lunatics I swear!” Mimi said walking towards her mansion, Holly in close pursuit. “Oh and your family is oh so normal? What about your drunkard of an uncle, Honduras?” Holly said placing her hands on her hips and stopping outside the door to Mimi's beautiful three-story mansion. Mimi turned on a dime and glared at Holly, “I do not associate myself with that low life…” Mimi spat hatefully. Holly giggled at her remark “Mimi, you refer to him as a lowlife you do don't associated with yet you'll associate with me,” Mimi looked around franticly for a way to cover up her slip of hinting she actually considered Holly as a friend and not a `low-life runt' as the rest of her colleagues referred to her as.
Well, you maybe scum but at least you don't look it.” Mimi grinned before opening the front door, “wow, I guess that's the closest thing to a compliment from you I'm ever going to get,” Holly laughed, and looked at the clock inside Mimi's house, 4:30 pm, “Crap! Mimi I got to go, oh boy Takaru is going to kill me!” Holly said bolting off towards the high royalty area while Mimi stared at her with a curious glint in her eye.
After ten minutes of solid running, Holly jumped over the gates to the self-proclaimed `High royalty area'. Holly took a minute to catch her breath by sitting down on the side of the fountain close by, she looked down jadedly at her reflection and waiting for her partner in crime to make his appearance, “ Hey Rebel, been waiting long?” Takaru greeted sitting next to Holly in his disguised attire of jeans and a black t-shirt. “Hey Klutz, I just got here myself, but your late,” Holly pointed out smirking. “Well Sorry, Dad decided to be over protective again, `Takaru what if a fan girl sees you? I am not coming to your aid well you are being hounded by a bunch of crazed fans!' I swear I do not know whatI'm gonna do with that man“Takaru said shaking his head; Holly laughed and looked at her newly acquired sword. Takaru followed her gaze and gasped at what he saw, “When did you get a sword?” He said in pure shock, Holly slid the sword out from its current resting place and handed it carefully to him “My dad gave it to me for an early birthday present.” Holly grinned as Takaru handed the sword back.

” So what time are we going back to the ruins again,” Holly questioned laying down on the fountain. Takaru thought about it for a moment, “I'm not sure, around midnight in guess… Do not worry about it I will come and get you so make sure u pack up before sleeping tonight.” Holly nodded and closed her eyes, Takaru laughed and her exhausted behavior “Shut up Takaru, why aren't you exhausted to the high heavens like me?” Holly growled, opening one eye. “Poor Holly, you really must learn the wonders of twelve glasses of coffee a night,” Takaru smirked poking Holly's exposed stomach. Holly shot up and growled again at Takaru, “Whoa, jeez Holly get some sleep before you rip someone's head off!” He laughed before he caught a glimpse of his father's guards looking for him. “Oh boy, the oh mighty one needs me…Holly you take care of your little `deprived of catnap' problem and I'll deal with my `Takaru where is this damned Waldo character?' problem.” Takaru said shaking his head in shame.
Okay Takaru, take care…” Holly said wearily getting up from the fountain. They said their goodbyes and parted ways, completely unaware of the figure in the bush that had been watching them…