Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction ❯ The Island ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 2.
Holly fell asleep on her window sill, awaiting Takaru's arrival, at roughly midnight the prince himself scrambled onto her window and knocked softly. Holly, in a state of shock and disorientation, jumped up and flung the window open…Sending Takaru careening to the unforgiving sand below. “Crap, Sorry Takaru,” Holly whispered down to him, grabbing her bag and sword and jumping down to meet him. Holly held back her laughter and she watched the usual prideful prince on his back on the sand, eyes shot open in pain.
“Takaru are we going to go to the ruins or are you just going to lay there and do nothing?” Holly said putting her hands on her hips, Takaru glared at her as she broke into laughter and helped him up, “I'm glad you find this funny, I'm in pain here,” Takaru whined. “Oh suck it up Princess I've fallen out of that window thanks to you more time then I'd prefer to say,” Holly said before running off to the ruins, Takaru following her lead.
Once the two arrived at the shrine Takaru dragged Holly to the far side of the ruins, a place they found to be of no use to their investigations. “ What the hell Takaru,” Holly growled at the Prince, wanting to get to the underground tombs and stop looking around in areas they had already searched with no avail. “Look, Holly that wasn't there when we had first come here,” Takaru said gesturing wildly to something behind Holly. Holly whipped around and saw an old, weathered statue, it was of a mysterious creature with red ruby eyes, Holly stared in wonder at this statue… This was definitely not here before.
“Holy crap, Takaru how did you find this…Or on the other hand… How did we miss this,” Holly pondered aloud, approaching the statue.” I'm not quite sure Holly, you would have to be totally blind to miss a huge statue like this,” Takaru said resting his arm on Holly's left shoulder. Holly look up at the ruby eyes just as the full moons gaze hit them, sending a blinding glare towards Takaru and Holly. Holly squinted and drew up her sword to block the glare but instead bent the light sending a pink beam of blinding light towards the sealed tomb's door.
With an earth-shattering bang, the heavy door known to be everlastingly sealed collapsed to the floor. Holly and Takaru merely stood there and gawked at the now opened tomb, Holly was the first to find her voice. “Oh my god… It's opened,” she said before grinning, Takaru looked over at her and grinned as they both ran to the tomb like two hyperactive children running to a candy store.
They happily jumped inside and hugged each other happily for their new find. “Wahoo!” The two teens cried before looking around the petite room. It was practically bare except for mysterious ancient writing on the walls, spider webs, and old bricks that had fallen down from the ceiling. Even though it was not a big find, the two teens still rejoiced…That is, until a dark figure appeared in the doorway and spoke out to them.
“What the hell are you guys doing here?” The figure said in an annoying high-pitched voice that belongs to only one annoying girl. “Mimi, what the hell are you doing here?” The two other teens said in unison turning around to face a very angry Mimi, tapping her foot impatiently in the doorway with her hands on her hips. Takaru approached her first, “Listen Mimi, what it will take to make you turn around, walk out of here, and never tell anyone of this,” Mimi smirked at the question and simply pushed passed Takaru, looking inside the room. “Let me hang out here with you guys, you're always leaving me out of things,” Mimi said glaring at Holly; who nodded in acceptance of her request, much to Takaru's dismay.
After a long explanation of all their doings, Holly and Takaru finally let Mimi in on their whole plan of unlocking the secrets of the Island. Mimi sat there shocked at the nerve of them not to let her tag along, “Well if this place was sealed up for so long for a big reason... Why isn't there anything in here,” She questioned the two. Takaru Shrugged and Holly looked around the room once again, “There has to be something in here… I know there is,” Holly said turning to Mimi.
Mimi stood there and laughed at Holly's gut feeling “Face it Istar, this Island has no secrets, its dullsville… But it's cute that you've spent so long searching these worthless ruins.” Takaru held down a growl at the prissy girl as Holly's blood pressure flew through the roof, sighed in frustration, and slammed her foot down in another act of frustration.Suddenly there was a low crash and the tile Holly had been standing on crumbled down into an unknown abyss.
Taking Holly down with it.