Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction ❯ The Island ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

.Chapter 2.
Takaru and Mimi's eyes widened in shock as they saw their comrade fall into the unknown and ran to the hole, as if there was a chance of catching her. But their efforts failed as the tiles round their feet creaked and collapsed sending them down with her. Their screams of horror could probably be heard from all around the island and the teens fell on the cold hard floor of a mystic hallway hidden probably miles under the earth's surface.
Holly was the first one to weakly sit up, feeling the pain that came with such great of a fall. She looked down at her hands and found blood seeping out of 3 deep gashes in her skin; she carefully wiped the crimson liquid off her hands and stood up slowly. Takaru and Mimi woke up shortly after and stood up after checking themselves for injuries, Mimi looked up at the hole they had fallen from and sighed. “How the hell did this happen,” she snapped crossing her arms and glaring at Holly. “How am I supposed to know that? I do know one thing…We're not going back the same way we came in…” Holly replied looking down the hallway. “I guess it wouldn't hurt to explore while we're stuck down here,” Takaru said walking down the hallway, Holly and Mimi nodded and followed suit.

As they walked down the dimly light hallway, sounds of light screeches could be heard from the ceiling, though the teens were too scared to looked up to find the source of the sound. “I wish those things would shut up!” Whined a highly annoyed Mimi, Holly rolled her eyes and ignored her. Suddenly Mimi picked up a petite rock from the ground and threw it at the ceiling, hitting something and sending it to the ground with a huge thud. The teens whipped around and looked at the fallen creature, it was a bat…But not your average sized bat. This bat had a wing span of 7 feet and razor sharp teeth and glowing red eyes. “Mimi…Have I ever told you you're a complete pain in the ass?” Takaru said trying not to move a muscle, Mimi just gulped and took a step back.
Suddenly the bat glared at them with a terrifying look and before they could react, it flung itself at Mimi. Holly gasped and pushed her out of the way and screamed in pain as the bat sunk its sharp teeth into her neck. She fell to the ground and weakly looked back at her friends; “run…” she managed to get out before the bat flung its self at her again, biting her once again. Mimi didn't need to be told twice and took another step back again, this time, accidentally stepping on a hidden floor switch. “Uh oh…” Mimi trailed looked down at the switch she had stepped on, Takaru looked at her wide eyed.
Suddenly the room tilted and the three teens tumbled to the end of the hallway, the bat long gone now. The teens crashed into the door and busted it open and fell into a non tilted room, the highly confused teens remained on the floor, petrified to move. Takaru slowly got up at looked over at Holly, who had seen better days, she was scraped and bleeding from everywhere, he frowned at the sight. Holly opened her eyes and weakly sat and wiped off the blood from her legs, arms and neck.
Are you going to be alright Holly?” Takaru asked her softly as Mimi weakly got up. Holly nodded and looked around the room they fell into, it was a small dust covered room with no furniture whatsoever. “Like what is with this place? Hundred foot drops, huge bats, tilting hallways, this place is so freaky!” Whined Mimi once again. Holly shook her head and went to inspect the surrounding walls, but once she took a step towards them her left leg had a shooting pain in it and she collapsed to the ground.
Takaru rolled his eyes and caught her before she hit the ground. “Looks like your leg is out of commission for now” he said as Mimi continued to whine and complain to herself. “Yeah…” Holly replied wincing in pain and wrapping an arm around Takaru's shoulders for support. Mimi, who was continuing her rant on how weird this mysterious place, realized no one was listening and kicked the wall demanding attention. Suddenly a chunk of the wall where Mimi kicked it fell to the floor, smashing into a million pieces. Holly and Takaru's eyes widened as the rest of the wall crumbled down into a pile of ancient rubble. “Holy crap Mimi,” Takaru exclaimed blinking at the pink haired teen whose eyes were widened greatly at the sight of what she had done.
The teens approached the vast opening and peered inside. The room was covered in cobwebs and was entirely black and also seemed to be the oldest room; Takaru grabbed a nearby torch and entered the room cautiously. Mimi and Holly followed closely as Takaru approached the opposite wall of the room where a large painting was hung, it was a simple painting with delicate swirls of red, blue and green. Holly limped to Takaru's side and leaned on his shoulder weakly. “This seems a little odd, a sealed up room with nothing but a weird painting in it?” She said eyeing the painting suspiciously.
Her two comrades nodded in agreement and continued to stare at the painting. It seemed as though as a strange glow about it that hypnotized the three teens as they all approached it carefully. Holly took her free hand and touched the frame carefully. Suddenly the room lit up with a bright blue swirling light and before the teens knew it they were transported to another world, where the real adventure begins.