Fake Fan Fiction ❯ FAKE in Love: Act III, Pistols and Passion ❯ Chapter 1

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Warnings and Disclaimers: Boo hoo! I don't own FAKE and I'm not Sanami Matoh. This is Yaoi kids, so watch out for hot boy on boy action. Sexy, sexy, sexy! This fic is set about, well, shit, let's say about six months after the last one. Sorry, but this time I really think that you need to have Read ACT II: Family and Stakeouts in order to get some of what's happening here. Maybe not, I don't know, I'm biased. Love you all!
 
 
“Wait,” JJ said with a small frown. “You want us to what?”
 
He and Ryo were seated in the Chief's office, Commissioner Rose hovering in the door behind them as the old man spoke. The Chief grinned at them.
 
“It's an honor,” the Chief said. “You should be thrilled.”
 
Ryo absently ran a hand through his hair, the small flash of concern that darted through his eyes showing that honor or not, this wasn't something he wanted to do.
 
“Isn't there someone more qualified?” Ryo said hesitantly. “I mean, JJ's had all of his training, but I…”
 
“Don't feed me bullshit,” the Chief said, the grin disappearing as he shook his head. “You're both over qualified, and they specifically requested you two.”
 
Ryo sighed and JJ nervously drummed his fingers on his knees. The Chief glared at them for a moment longer and then shrugged.
 
“It's not a request from me though,” both looked up and he smiled wickedly. “It's an order.”
 
They sighed and slumped lower in their chairs.
 
 
Dee laughed loudly and Ryo glared at him.
 
“Shut up Dee, this isn't funny.”
 
“I knew there was a reason I loved mediocrity,” Dee laughed. “Lucky you!”
 
“Shut up,” Ryo snapped again. “And did you really just call yourself mediocre?”
 
Dee grinned rakishly at him and leaned forward. “Are you saying I'm not?”
 
Ryo blushed hotly and Dee laughed again.
 
“Sorry Sexy, I'm just really happy for you, for you and JJ.”
 
“I wish you would stop,” Ryo said miserably. “I don't want to do this.”
 
“Nervous?”
 
“Wouldn't you be?”
 
“If I were as good as the two of you,” Dee said flatly. “No, I wouldn't be.”
 
Ryo's mouth thinned and he sighed heavily. Next month a police convention would descend upon New York City. Cops from all over the country would fly in to hear lectures and see demonstrations of the latest equipment and procedures. And two of those lucky presenters would be Randy MacLean and JJ Adams as they demonstrated sharp shooting technique.
 
Ryo leaned back into the couch and Dee gently poked a finger into his side.
 
“Come on, you have to be at least a little bit excited.”
 
“Nope.”
 
“Liar. I know you. You love any excuse to pull out that damn rifle.”
 
Ryo blushed a little and the grin slid back onto Dee's face.
 
“I knew it.”
 
“Shut up.”
 
Dee chuckled and leaned forward, his lips pressing lightly to Ryo's neck. Ryo tensed slightly as a smooth tongue traced across his skin, causing him to shudder a little.
 
“Sexy little Ryo,” Dee breathed. “I love to watch you shoot.”
 
Ryo's eyes closed and he leaned his head back farther, his neck arching out to Dee's gentle mouth.
 
“You're so good at it,” Dee whispered, his lips tickling over Ryo's skin. “You look so hot.”
 
Ryo moaned and Dee kissed his neck more firmly, Ryo's hands rising to tangle in Dee's hair. Soft kisses ran up Ryo's jaw and then pressed firmly over his lips, Ryo opening his mouth readily as Dee kissed him.
 
“I can't wait to watch you,” Dee breathed.
 
Ryo's eyes snapped open and he shook his head.
 
“No, absolutely not. You cannot come, I'll be nervous enough.”
 
“What?” Dee stared at him with a slight frown. “You can't be serious.”
 
“I am. You are forbidden to come.”
 
Dee stared at him for a moment longer and then smiled devilishly.
 
“Ryo, you know the forbidden fruit is always the sweetest.”
 
Ryo's eyes widened a little and Dee laughed again.
 
“Calm down, I'll talk you into it; I've got almost a month to wear you down.”
 
Ryo sighed heavily. Dee would get his way, they both knew it. Dee chuckled softly and slid his tongue back against Ryo's neck.
 
“Now where were we?”
 
“Getting ready to make supper,” Ryo said as he slid free and headed into the kitchen, a warm blush on his cheeks.
 
Dee irritably tossed a pillow onto the floor and kicked it lightly. Damn.
 
 
“Where's the geek?” Bikky yelled angrily as he stormed into the apartment.
 
Ryo looked up with a slight frown and gestured towards the bedroom. The boy stalked through, barely glancing at Ryo as he flung the door open and then slammed it shut. Dee glanced up at him as he toweled off his jet black hair, an irritated glare passing over his face.
 
“What the hell, monkey boy? Can you knock?”
 
“Shut up,” Bikky snapped.
 
A long moment passed and Dee stared at him.
 
“Well?”
 
“Well what?” Bikky muttered.
 
“Well what do you want?”
 
“Carol's mad at me,” Bikky finally said.
 
Dee blinked and the silence stretched out. He sighed and finally spoke.
 
“Isn't this something you should ask Ryo about?”
 
“You've been with more women,” Bikky said, as if this were perfect logic.
 
“So? Look Bikky, I knew a lot of girls, but we never stayed together longer than we had to,” Dee said quietly. “Is that the kind of relationship you want with Carol?”
 
Bikky shook his head and suddenly Dee's eyes sparked a little.
 
“Is that how you've been treating her?”
 
Bikky's mouth thinned and Dee let out a long irritated sigh.
 
“You better apologize to her, and think of some way to make it up to her.”
 
“Like how?” Bikky snapped.
 
“How should I know idiot?” Dee said and then grinned widely. “Ask Ryo, he's good with apologies.”
 
 
Diana was perched on Ryo's desk when the two detectives entered their office the next morning, Drake quietly whispering in her ear as she giggled. She lightly pushed him aside and grinned at Ryo and Dee.
 
“Finally,” she said. “Do you know what time it is?”
 
“Bite me Sea hag,” Dee snapped. “We had to pick up some case files from reference,” his eyes slid to Drake. “Some of us actually work around here.”
 
“Yeah, you're right,” Drake sighed. “I should go find my partner, make sure he knows where I am.”
 
“You jackass,” Dee grunted angrily and Drake grinned at him.
 
“Good morning Diana,” Ryo said and lightly pecked her cheek. “What brings you to New York?”
 
“Business, unfortunately,” she said with a sigh and then grinned at Dee. “I've got your pictures.”
 
Dee perked up immediately.
 
“Is that what this is about?”
 
Three months earlier, while on a stake-out that ended in one of the city's most successful drug busts ever, Dee had observed one Martin MacLean conversing with two known mob bosses. They just happened to meet at the site where the majority of the drugs were being held, a piece of property that could be distantly connected to Ryo's arrogant cousin. Dee was following the FBI case intently, and if Diana was here with news, he certainly would welcome it.
 
“We've got some nice new shots,” Diana said as she flipped open a blank file folder on Ryo's desk. “We've had him under surveillance ever since your little tip off. He and Makkel and Vones appear to be damned friendly.”
 
Dee flipped through the stack of pictures that she handed him and Ryo peered over his shoulder. Ryo sighed heavily.
 
“There's nothing incriminating here, Diana,” he said. “It's not illegal to fraternize with mob bosses.”
 
“I know,” Diana chirped.
 
Silence stretched out and Dee impatiently shook his head.
 
“Come on Diana, if you know something just fucking spit it out.”
 
She chuckled, the grin on her face growing slightly before she leaned forward.
 
“Your friend Martin is bankrupt, and more than just morally so.”
 
Ryo blinked in surprise.
 
“What?”
 
“He sunk all his money into a business that mysteriously collapsed last month, all the funding disappearing without a trace. Guess who his major investors were?”
 
Ryo frowned and Dee shook his head.
 
“I know it's got to be Makkel and Vones, but I'm not getting this Diana.”
 
“I'll explain slower,” she said with a laugh. “Martin used MacLean Corporation funding to set up a dummy company that served as a front to launder mob money. Last month, for whatever reason, he filed for bankruptcy and seized all the funding. So now the question is, where's all the money and what is he doing with Makkel and Vones this time?”
 
“Damn,” Dee said softly. “I didn't think he was in that deep. I thought maybe he just owed them some money.”
 
“If anything,” Diana said. “It looks to me like they might owe him money.”
 
 
Ryo stretched the dark rimmed glasses in place as leaned back in his uncomfortable office chair. Dee watched almost hungrily, a dull grin on his face as he tried to remind himself that they were at work and any touching now would probably land him on the couch for the next week. Ryo rubbed absently at one shoulder and Dee grinned a little more; Ryo was so cute when he didn't know anyone was watching.
 
Dee loved to just look at Ryo sometimes. He suspected that some people might find that a little creepy, almost stalkerish, but he didn't care. Ryo burned something within him, made his whole body whisper with happiness and warmth, and he couldn't imagine that fire ever being quenched.
 
Ryo sighed and stretched again, a large yawn breaking free as he reached up and removed the glasses. He blinked and then stared at Dee, a warm blush passing across his face as he felt the intensity of Dee's gaze.
 
“What?” Ryo said finally.
 
“Nothing,” Dee said and glanced at the clock. “Let's drop these files off and get out of here.”
 
“Can't,” Ryo said. “You remember, JJ and I are going for some practice tonight.”
 
Dee slumped.
 
“Oh.”
 
“You can come with if you want, I'm sure JJ wouldn't mind.”
 
Dee snorted laughter. “No, thanks. But enjoy yourself, got to get into shape for your demonstration.”
 
Ryo winced and Dee laughed at the nervousness that flashed over Ryo's eyes.
 
“Calm down, it'll be great.”
 
 
“I can't believe that old walrus is making us do this,” JJ said as he fired off a quick shot.
 
Ryo sighed, his own gun report sounding as he pulled the trigger.
 
“I know.”
 
“I hate things like this,” JJ snapped. “I can't speak in public. It's too embarrassing.”
 
Ryo glanced over with a little surprise.
 
“Really? I'd think that you'd…”
 
He shrugged and JJ frowned.
 
“Being outgoing around here is one thing, being outgoing in front of a group of strangers is another. I have energy, I like it. I show it off. There's nothing wrong with that, but I get flustered in front of crowds. I hope it will be easier with Dee-senpai there.”
 
Ryo's mouth thinned and JJ sighed.
 
“Too bad he won't even give me the time of day. Thanks to you.”
 
Ryo blushed hotly and JJ shook his head.
 
“You'd be a lot easier to hate if you weren't so damn nice Ryo.”
 
Ryo chuckled.
 
“Thanks JJ, I think.”
 
JJ grumbled something and sighted down the barrel of the rifle again, pulling off another perfect shot. Ryo let out a long slow whistle and JJ grinned at him.
 
“Worried I'm getting better than you?”
 
“A little maybe,” Ryo said.
 
JJ's smile turned smug, but it quickly faded into an irritated frown as Ryo matched him shot for shot.
 
“I really do hate you,” JJ snapped finally.
 
Ryo laughed.
 
“How're your cases going?”
 
“Same old same old,” JJ said and then angrily shook his head. “Stop trying to distract me and take your next shot. I'm going to stomp you into the ground, MacLean.”
 
 
 
Ryo slid his rifle back into the gun case and rubbed at his shoulder. After two weeks of almost nightly practice his shoulder felt like it was going to fall off. He and JJ were both in top shape now, easily snapping a shot off that ripped through most any target. He felt a little guilty that they weren't this diligent in their training when they didn't have to perform for anyone.
 
Dee was sprawled across the bed, Ryo's pillow wrapped in his arms as he slept. Ryo smiled slightly; it was a ploy, if Ryo wanted his pillow back, he'd have to wrestle it away from Dee and would probably end up in the pillow's position for his trouble. Dee hated it when Ryo didn't wake him up when he got home late, for some reason it made him mad when Ryo decided to be considerate and just curl up on one corner of the bed. However, Ryo had seen most of Dee's tricks in the years since they had met and wasn't going to fall for this one.
 
Ryo climbed into the shower and sighed heavily, allowing the hot water to pound down on his skin until it turned a rosy pink. His shoulder began to loosen and he rubbed at it a little as he dried off and climbed into his pajamas. He padded quietly across the bedroom, stretching as he walked and then slid into the bed.
 
Ryo brushed a hand through Dee's hair and lightly kissed his cheek. Dee murmured sleepily as Ryo tugged a little at his pillow. Dee released it and rolled over, sighing a little in his sleep. Ryo chuckled and stretched out behind him, his arm wrapping lightly over Dee as he nuzzled the back of Dee's neck and drifted quickly to sleep.
 
He loved Dee.
 
 
Dee awakened as he felt the warm body pressed behind him begin to shiver. He frowned irritably. That was just like Ryo; climb into bed and let Dee sleep and hog all the blankets. He glanced down in the dim light that filtered through the window, ready to rip them free and throw them back over his lover. Dee frowned sharply; he didn't have more than his fair share, so what was…
 
He rolled over gently, Ryo gasping a little in his sleep, his body still shaking as Dee gently gathered the pale man into his arms. Ryo burrowed down into him, his face pressing tightly to Dee's neck. Dee blinked slowly and ran his hand through Ryo's hair, the long form slowly stilling and drifting deeper into sleep.
 
It happened sometimes, some nightmare that Ryo never wanted to talk about. He knew that Ryo remembered it, the man was a horrible liar, but he wouldn't say a word. Dee kissed the silky head gently and sighed. If he just knew what it was, if he just knew what in the hell could scare Ryo so badly. The man was a fucking sharp shooter who could flip and pin a perp twice his size.
 
Dee chuckled quietly. It was sort of a game around the precinct to let the new recruits partner up with Ryo whenever they did physical hold training or practiced their disarming techniques. Dee had made damned good money by always betting on his Ryo. People just couldn't believe that someone who looked so soft and gentle could possibly have that kind of steel in him. Ryo could swing a punch with the best of them, and he knew how to take a hit and still stay on his feet. Ryo was no pushover.
 
But then again…
 
Dee smiled wolfishly as he felt the silky locks slide through his fingers. Ryo really was gentle, wonderfully deliciously gentle, and so soft and warm. Dee loved to trail his fingers across Ryo's beautiful body and make him moan and plead. He loved to caress and lick every inch of skin as Ryo writhed beneath him, hands tightening in the blankets as his body became flushed and warm…
 
Dee swallowed hard and blinked quickly. He had better stop this or he was going to have to wake Ryo up, and damn but that was difficult. For a man that always sprang out of bed before his alarm clock even sounded, Ryo was almost impossible to wake from a dead sleep, and was groggy and irritable for hours afterward whenever Dee tried it. A picture of Ryo's head thrown back, mouth open, eyes clenched shut, flashed through his mind and Dee frowned.
 
It might be worth it.
 
 
 
Ryo and Dee signed in at the check-in table, the hotel lobby bustling around them as each scrawled their name and badge number down. A woman smiled at Ryo warmly and held out a thick envelope.
 
“Alright, Detective, here's your information package. Inside you'll find a schedule of events as well as a map to the different off-site demonstrations, including SWAT, FBI, and sharp shooting techniques.”
 
Ryo's mouth thinned a little and Dee chuckled.
 
“And here is your room key,” the woman said, not noticing their reactions.
 
“Room key?” Ryo asked.
 
“Yes, it says you're a presenter,” she said glancing at the computer next to her. “All presenters are staying here compliments of the city of New York, please enjoy your stay.”
 
“Well thank you, but I--”
 
Dee snagged the key and smiled at the woman. “Thank you.”
 
“Wait, Dee…”
 
Dee steered him away and Ryo tugged his arm out of Dee's hold.
 
“Dee, what are you doing? We don't need to stay here.”
 
“Jesus Ryo, it's a free hotel room at the convention's main site. Haven't you ever been to one of these? This'll be a fuckin' blast!”
 
Ryo frowned sharply and Dee grinned at him again.
 
“Come on Sexy,” he said, his voice barely louder than a whisper. “A whole five days of just you and me and a little room service.”
 
Dee winked suggestively and Ryo's face turned a brilliant shade of red. He muttered something and Dee's grin returned wolfishly.
 
“Great! Let's go grab some stuff and then check this place out. When's your demonstration?”
 
Ryo fumbled the envelope a little, his face still red as he finally pulled out the thick schedule. He flipped through it and then frowned.
 
“It's divided into two parts,” he said. “One at ten tomorrow morning and one at two the day after.”
 
“I wonder why they did that,” Dee said as he looked down at the schedule.
 
“Because I suggested it.”
 
Commissioner Berkeley Rose smiled at them, his eyes resting heavily on Ryo.
 
“You?” Dee snarled. “What the fuck are you trying this time?”
 
“Just trying to help Ryo and Adams out. This way you can talk about basic technique in the first session and then show off your skills the next afternoon.”
 
Ryo blinked and nodded.
 
“That makes sense.”
 
Rose's smile grew a little at Ryo's praise.
 
“I'm very excited to watch you, Ryo,” Rose said, his eyes flashing suggestively. “This seems like a wonderful opportunity to see you in action.”
 
Ryo blushed and leaned back, Dee's eyes narrowing darkly.
 
“You do know we're both carrying guns, right?” Dee said flatly.
 
Rose's eyes slid to him and he chuckled quietly.
 
“Good afternoon. I'll see you soon, Ryo.”
 
 
“You've got to be kidding me!” Dee stared at Diana Spacey as he and Ryo walked into the loud auditorium, her smile growing well-pleased as she spotted them.
 
“Hey there boys,” she said as Ryo lightly kissed her cheek and Dee shook his head. “You ready for my little demonstration?”
 
“I can't believe this,” Dee groaned. “Why in the hell did the FBI send you?”
 
Diana's face flashed with dark rage.
 
“Because I'm a damn good agent,” she said lowly.
 
“Ack!”
 
Ryo chuckled quietly. “How are things going, Diana?”
 
“Oh fine, fine,” she said, beaming at the Japanese-American officer, and then glaring back at Dee. “Fetch me a candy bar dumb ass, something with chocolate in it.”
 
“What? Bite me.”
 
She grabbed his tie and yanked him close, his face bare inches away from hers as she scowled at him.
 
“Do you really want to have a battle of wills with me, Detective?”
 
“Jesus, alright, alright, I'll get your damn candy, just let go.”
 
“Thanks so much,” she cooed and turned back to Ryo as Dee trudged off.
 
The large room was filling quickly, a low humming filling the air as the cops all tried to talk over each other. Ryo glanced around; he knew things were only going to get louder. When they got together most police officers forgot about the appearance they were supposed to present and started challenging whatever local noise ordinance was in place. He sighed and smiled at Diana.
 
“You ready for this?”
 
“Oh of course,” she said waving a hand dismissively at the crowd. “I've done about a hundred of these things, it's always a blast. Watch for the guys that don't think that a woman can handle herself as an FBI agent, they're my favorite, I like to use them in demonstrations,” she paused and lightly tapped a finger against her lower lip. “I made one cry once.”
 
Ryo smiled weakly and Diana shook her head.
 
“You're nervous about tomorrow, aren't you?”
 
Ryo nodded and she smiled at him.
 
“You'll be fine handsome, I've seen your records. The higher ups wouldn't have asked for you and JJ unless they really had faith in you,” she patted his cheek. “And you're so cute too, who wouldn't want to listen to you?”
 
Ryo blushed darkly and Diana laughed with pleasure.
 
“Cute, cute, cute.”
 
“Yo, I brought your damn candy so hands off Ryo,” Dee snapped as he tossed a Hershey's bar at Diana.
 
“Finally!” she said as she ripped it open. “Better take your seats boys. Drake's saving you a couple in the middle. Enjoy the show.”
 
They struggled down the long aisles and past the groups of people that were blocking the chairs. Dee grumbled angrily but managed to keep his temper in check as they finally found Drake and JJ and sat down. JJ grinned at Dee.
 
“Hi Mr. Wonderful!”
 
Dee grunted at him and JJ poked Drake in the side.
 
“Trade seats with me.”
 
“Don't even fucking think about it,” Dee snapped.
 
“We saw Diana,” Ryo said, smiling at Drake.
 
Drake grinned back. “Yeah, she's real excited about this.”
 
“I like her ring,” Ryo said and Drake froze.
 
“What ring?” he sputtered and Dee and JJ stared at them both in confusion.
 
“The one that's probably in her jacket pocket or on a chain around her neck right now,” Ryo said simply. “When are you guys going to announce it?”
 
“What?” Drake blushed darkly. “What are you talking about?”
 
Ryo shrugged. “She's got an indentation on her left ring finger from wearing it all the time outside of New York. Let me guess, she had to take it off because you haven't told anyone yet.”
 
“I don't know what you're talking about,” Drake said, the blush actually darkening. “Shut up Ryo.”
 
Ryo chuckled quietly and Dee grinned.
 
“You son of a bitch, congratulations.”
 
“No, no, don't say anything. She wants to surprise everyone. I'm supposed to invite you all out for dinner tonight so we can make the announcement.”
 
“Tonight?” Dee paused dramatically. “Man, I think that I already have plans.”
 
“Don't fucking start,” Drake snapped. “You're going, all three of you, and Ted and Marty, and if I can get the Chief out of his office he'll be there too,” Drake sighed irritably. “And Rose…I'm not doing this again, you're all hearing about it at this one shot because the woman is driving me insane with all her picking.”
 
Dee roared with laughter.
 
“She'd kill you if she heard you say something like that.”
 
“Why do think I'm saying it now when she's not around?” Drake said. “Dumb ass.”
 
“Oh fuck,” Dee said. “That hurt. Now I want to tell her.”
 
Drake growled low in his throat but the silky voice that washed out through the auditorium speakers silenced him as the presentation began.
 
“Welcome officers,” Diana said smoothly as the room quieted. “I'm so glad to see so many of you here today. I'm Agent Diana Spacey and I'm here to show off a few of the new toys that the FBI has been perfecting as well as refresh you all on some of our procedures and techniques. I happen to know that some of you haven't been practicing…”
 
She smiled coyly at them and the audience chuckled softly. Ryo sighed with a little envy; she seemed so comfortable and natural.
 
 
The seating arrangement for dinner proved to be the most amusing part of the meal as everyone struggled to sit next to and away from someone else, all arguing loudly and trading seats again and again. Finally Diana sat down, pulled Drake into the chair next to her and started assigning places. Ryo found himself seated between Dee and the Chief and sighed lightly as Dee grinned and lobbed an insult at the old man. The Chief snapped back with a quick curse and Ryo toyed lightly with his drink. Boy was this going to be a fun night.
 
The food was excellent, and eventually even the company calmed down to be enjoyable. They laughed a lot, the Chief dragging up every embarrassing story he had about the boys that worked for him, all of them throwing food at him and swearing loudly. Diana chuckled as he finished a story about Drake's first experience with dumpster diving, her smile softening a little as her eyes locked with his.
 
“Now?” he said softly and she nodded. “Alright, alright, quiet down. Diana and I have an announcement to make.”
 
Ryo patiently stared up, but a large grin broke out across Dee's face.
 
“We're getting married,” Drake said finally.
 
The table exploded with sound and movement. Ryo lightly pecked Diana's cheek as he congratulated her, her cheeks warmly flushed with happiness and excitement. Drake shook hands all around, Dee clapping him hard on the back as he grinned. Rose was quiet, but smiled at Diana and gave her a little head nod. She nodded back and then grinned.
 
“Next round's on me, boys, drink up!”
 
 
Ryo nervously opened the rifle case and passed his hands over the gun, checking each piece carefully for the fifth time since they had returned from dinner. Dee walked out of the bathroom, towel wrapped around his waist, and shook his head a little. He sat down on the bed and waited, Ryo clicking the case closed and then pacing around the small room. Dee snagged one of his wrists and pulled him quickly to the bed, lightly pinning him as Ryo cried out in surprise.
 
“Ack! Dee, what are you doing?”
 
“Taking your mind off of things,” Dee said lowly and nuzzled lightly at Ryo's sensitive neck.
 
Ryo shivered as Dee pressed his hips down lightly, Ryo's hands sliding down Dee's bare shoulders. Dee kissed him, his tongue snaking into Ryo's mouth, pressing hotly against him, rubbing over his tongue. Ryo moaned and Dee shifted, one of his thighs sliding firmly between Ryo's legs. Dee paused for a moment and then arched his hips a little. Ryo gasped, Dee's tongue slipping in farther, Ryo's eyes closing tightly as he blushed darkly.
 
Dee began to loosen Ryo's tie, tugging at it lightly as his fingers played slowly with Ryo's shirt buttons. He shifted again, his thigh rubbing hot friction against Ryo and Ryo bit back on a cry as his head leaned back into the pillow. Dee smiled a little and began to unbutton the shirt slowly.
 
There was a knock at the door.
 
Dee's mouth thinned angrily but Ryo's hands tightened on his back.
 
“Ignore it,” Ryo breathed.
 
Dee grinned happily and leaned forward, his tongue sliding down Ryo's neck and trailing hot slow kisses over the pale chest as he slowly slid the shirt open. Ryo shivered under the slow assault, Dee shifting his weight again, Ryo moaning in response.
 
The knocking grew louder, more insistent.
 
This time Dee felt Ryo freeze. He looked up from the milky skin as Ryo's eyes slid to the door and Dee's mouth thinned again. He rubbed hard against him, surprising a cry from Ryo as his hands fluttered down Dee's back and then gripped his sides. Ryo gasped and Dee sucked at his firm stomach.
 
The knocking turned into pounding.
 
Ryo frowned, and Dee sighed heavily. He rolled off of Ryo and ran a hand through his hair as Ryo got up, buttoning his shirt quickly as he went to the door. Ryo frowned as he peered through the peep hole and then slowly opened the door.
 
“DEE!”
 
JJ burst into the room, Ryo stepping back in surprise as he barreled through. Ryo heard the bathroom door slam shut and JJ pout angrily.
 
“Dee, that's not fair!”
 
“What are you doing here JJ?” Dee growled.
 
“I came to see you my sexy senpai!”
 
“Get out!” Dee roared through the thin bathroom door.
 
“Don't be mean,” JJ chided. “Come out and visit with me. I came all the way up here to see you.”
 
Ryo frowned irritably at JJ, his mouth dropping open as he started to ask JJ to leave, but Ryo froze, his mouth clamping shut. JJ was more than just energetic at the moment; he seemed on the verge of a breakdown. His hands were flying restlessly about as he pulled at his shirt, his jacket, ran his fingers through his hair. His usually wide eyes were underscored with nervousness and darted around the room, never resting on anything for more than a few seconds. Ryo sighed slightly and smiled at JJ.
 
“You want to order up a couple of drinks, JJ?” he asked calmly.
 
“What?” Dee's voice echoed through the room. “Ryo, what the hell are you doing?”
 
Ryo ignored him and smiled at JJ again.
 
“We can play cards for a while,” he said gesturing to the small table.
 
JJ all but slumped with relief. He nodded frantically and Ryo picked up the phone, flashing JJ another reassuring smile as he called downstairs.
 
“Dee, do you want anything?”
 
“If JJ's staying, I need liquor, and lots of it.”
 
 
Dee had to tell JJ six times that he wasn't playing any card game that had the word `strip' in the title. They sat quietly around the table, talking in low hushed tones as the night drug on, warm cigarette smoke filling the air as Dee puffed lightly away, one window cracked open. The sounds of the city filtered in over them, a fresh breeze carrying the scent of a coming rain.
 
“That's just what we need,” Ryo said dismally.
 
“It definitely is,” JJ said. “If it's raining, how many people do you think will show up tomorrow?”
 
Ryo nodded slightly and Dee rolled his eyes at them.
 
“I swear to god the two of you are the biggest chicken shits I've ever met.”
 
Ryo threw the cards at him, but Dee just laughed. He picked them up and chuckled quietly.
 
“What?” JJ asked curiously.
 
“Just thinking about that old game, fifty-two pick up.”
 
“Fifty-two pick up?” JJ said with a frown. “What's that?”
 
“Do you want to play?” Dee said as he bent the cards a little and grinned.
 
“Oy,” Ryo groaned.