Fake Fan Fiction ❯ Goodbye To You ❯ Goodbye To You ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Goodbye To You

It's just another day of work. No doubt it will also be another day of Dee hitting on me too. He's always hitting on me. It's really kind of sad, but (and I hate to admit this) …I kind of like it. I'll never admit a lot of things to myself, but I can feel myself slowly admitting something to do with Dee, and I know he can sense it.

Bikky left earlier than normal this morning, claiming he had a "project" to do. I didn't believe him, but I let him go anyway. I left a little after he did. I got to the station at about 8. Ah, the first shift, and with Dee no less. The said person greeted me as I got to the station.

"Yo," he said. I rolled my eyes. Sometimes Dee reminded me a lot of Bikky.

"Hello," I returned. He put his arm around my shoulders.

"You get those reports written?" he asked. I sighed heavily. I had spent a good portion of the evening on those reports.

"Yeah, no thanks to you," I told him. I sent him a disapproving glare. He smiled and took his arm from my shoulders.

"He he, sorry buddy. I'll make it up to you, I promise," Dee tried to apologized. I shook my head and continued in after him. The one person I hoped not to see greeted us halfway to our office.

"Dee!!!" JJ shouted from point blank range. Dee hid behind my back, using me as a shield. I gasped in shock and indignation as JJ threw his arms around my shoulders, trying to move in for a kiss, still thinking I'm Dee.

"JJ!" I said as loud as I dared. He opened his eyes, cringed and let go. He sniffed slightly and then about faced.

"Thanks man," Dee told me after JJ had exited the hallway we were in.

"Humph,' I replied. I "stormed" into our office.

"Aw, come on Ryo, I'm sorry," Dee tried again. I smiled to myself; I had him wrapped around my little finger.

"Yeah, sure. Go find out what we have to do today," I told him. He hung his head, gave me a fleeting look and left. I chuckled softly. I definitely have Dee wrapped around my little finger.

I got worried… no, that's not right… concerned when Dee didn't come back ten minutes later. I decided to go looking for him. The first place I looked was the chief's office. No Dee. I went to the comish; he hadn't seen him, though he did invite me to dinner again. I declined and left before he could try anything. The last place I looked was with JJ. That's where I found him.

<<Of all the things I've believed in
I just want to get it over with
Tears form behind my eyes
But I do not cry
Counting the days that pass me by>>

What I saw chilled me to the bone, but it shouldn't have affected me. Dee was pinned to the wall with JJ practically humping his leg. Their lips were pressed tightly together. I made a small helpless noise. Both of their eyes flew right to me. I felt my eyes water.

"Ryo!" Dee shouted. I turned and ran. I ran to our office, snagged my coat and made a dash for the door. Dee was right behind me.

"Ryo stop!" Dee kept shouting. I burst through the door out into the cold winter world. The ground was covered in snow, and I nearly slipped many a time. Dee was still following me, despite cold and snow. I reached my car, climbed in, started it and drove off.

"Ryo!!!" I barely heard Dee shout as I left the station's parking lot.

<<I've been searching deep down in my soul
Words that I'm hearing are starting to get old>>

I pulled into my parking space at my apartment building, got out of my car and tread wearily to my room. I kept repeating to myself that it didn't matter to me that I didn't like Dee that way… but it wasn't working. I fell onto my bed, face down.


<<It feels like I'm starting all over again
The last three years were just pretend>>

I knew I should trust him more, Dee had practically told me he loved me more than once, but there's something about seeing a person doing the opposite of what they say that definitely crushes any form of trust you had developed.


<<And I said,

Goodbye to you
Goodbye to everything I thought I knew
You were the one I loved
The one thing that I tried to hold on to>>

I can no longer deny the feelings in my heart. I am attracted to Dee… I like him in that way… I… Love him. But it can never be. He doesn't feel the same. He can't, not after what I saw. He doesn't care about me. He did all those things… all those kisses… to use me. He wanted my body and nothing more than that. He didn't want my mind.

So I am saying goodbye to Dee. I can't face him after that. It didn't even look like he was trying to get away. It looked to me that he wasn't even trying.

<<I still get lost in your eyes
And it seems that I can't live a day without you
Closing my eyes and you chase my thoughts away
To a place where I am blinded by the light
But it's not right>>

I asked for reassignment the next day. I said either a new partner, or a new station. The chief and the comish are looking at me like I'm insane. Dee is hovering by the door. I briefly think that I am over-reacting, but I quickly push the thought from my mind. What I'm doing is right, staying would be wrong.

I can't help but feel something knowing Dee's eyes are on me. I almost think that he is sad, but I know I am wrong. I know otherwise. I need to stop thinking about him. It eases my heart, but still stabs with the brutal ness of one of the many cases we've investigated together.

<<Goodbye to you
Goodbye to everything I thought I knew
You were the one I loved
The one thing that I tried to hold on to>>

I wished it was true. I know I did. I wished that he cared. I wished that I could be his, and that he loved me too. But it isn't true. I am leaving you for good Dee. I am freeing you to the others you so desperately want to be with.

"Before I do anything, I want you two to talk out what's going on," the chief said to me. I cursed inwardly. Dee was the one person I didn't want to talk to right now.

<<And it hurts to want everything and nothing at the same time
I want what's yours and I want what's mine
I want you
But I'm not giving in this time>>

"Ryo…" Dee tried to speak, but I cut him off.

"I don't want to hear it. I'm doing this for the both of us. You want your freedom, and I don't want the pain," I said. I flinched mentally for saying that I was in pain. "You don't want me!"

"…"

"You don't, do you?!" I exclaimed. I was past all understanding. I couldn't control the emotions I had locked away for so long. "You don't want me! Just admit it and get over it! Stop pretending! I can't handle the rejection! I can't handle the betrayal! I can't handle anything! My heart is confused to begin with! You just can't ell me one thing, and then go and do something else! Can't you see what you've done to me?!"

<<Goodbye to you
Goodbye to everything I thought I knew
You were the one I loved
The one thing that I tried to hold on to
The one thing that I tried to hold on to>>

Dee was speechless for a moment.

"We have nothing to talk about Dee," I told him. "I'm just freeing you from a liability."

I was beyond calm now. I was in a state of peace, my emotions were still visible, but for all that I cared, they weren't.

"Yes we do," Dee spoke quietly. "Didn't you notice that I was trying to get away? Didn't you see me struggle? Or did you just close your eyes to that fact?!"

I thought about it. I didn't even notice Dee sneak up behind me. But suddenly his arms were around me, and there was nothing I could do. I didn't even struggle.

"It's over Dee," I told him. His arms tightened around me. I was quickly turned to face him. He pressed his face to mine.

"Can you really let me go?" he asked.

"…"

"Because I won't let you go," he told me. Our lips met. I could feel the pain I've inflicted on him, I felt my own pain, and I felt it all.

Dee's tongue slid along the bottom of my lips. I let him in. I couldn't fight him anymore. I wanted to give in; I wanted it to be true.

<<And when the stars fall
I will lie awake
You're my shooting star. >>

I awoke in Dee's arms. There is no feeling akin to what you feel when you know that you are completed. To know that you love and are loved back.

Notes: I'm not quite sure why I call these my notes. Well, this is my first FAKE fic. I'll probably be writing more, I love FAKE! Right… this is a bit depressing, sorry. But it seems to work just fine. I hope you liked it. Reviews are nice, but never needed.