Fake Fan Fiction ❯ Never Had a Boyfriend ❯ First Days are Hell, or are they? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Legal Disclaimer - I don't own FAKE or any of its characters. Please don't sue!

Author's Note - I thought up this idea a while back and debated on whether I should use it or not. Then I checked on the site fanfiction.net and found that there already was a fic with the same plot. Anyway, this whole idea about the FAKE boys being in high school is property of: Koneko Shoujo Sarah and anyone else on Mediaminer.org that may have a similar idea.

Chapter 1

Dee Latener sighed and closed his emerald eyes, shifting from one foot to the other as he waited for the subway car to arrive in the terminal. He wasn't really used to the subway system, after living his whole life in California, and found it as a rather annoying way to travel. Between the cell phones ringing, children crying or screaming, and the people talking over one another, it was enough to make anyone's head spin.

He sighed again and looked up at a screen above the boarding terminal. It read, in bright red letters: TRAM C-52; STATUS: DELAYED. Dee mentally cursed to himself. He was going to be late for his first day at his new high school. It's not like he cared or anything, but the last thing that he wanted was to be serving detention all week. Then again, if it weren't for his selfish foster parents, he would still be livin' the life at his old school, with all his old friends, and the beach. God, how he missed the beach.

Just as Dee was thinking about his surfboard he had left behind, the subway car pulled into the terminal. A loud symphony of "Thank God"'s and "It's about time"'s could be heard buzzing throughout the small underground room. A couple of people got off the train and scampered towards their next gate while the crowd the Dee was currently occupying, started to board.

And sure as the sun rose in East, all the seats were taken and Dee was forced to hold on to a metallic pole in the center of the aisle. He removed his black messenger bag and put it in-between his feet. Dee was no dummy; he had seen those shows when the people in NY got robbed on the subway. Not like it was anything new to Dee, of course. He lived in California, so naturally everyone there lived in terror of being robbed or killed in a drive-by shooting.

The train started up with a jolt and started to speed off to its next location, startling Dee out of his thoughts. He pulled his parka more firmly around himself; it was quite cold in the car he was in. A sneeze from his left confirmed that suspicion.

"Bless you, Ryo. Are you getting sick?" a small, girlish voice asked.

Dee looked up and saw two children sitting in one of the seats in front of him. One was a little girl, obviously the one who spoke, dressed in a purple parka with a matching hoodie, scarf, and also gloves and boots. The boy that sat next to her had coppery complexion, but bright blonde hair and crystal blue eyes. He had on a red baseball cap, a navy blue windbreaker, and a pair of jeans with rips and tears in them.

"No, I'm okay. It's just a bit chilly in here is all," came the reply from Dee's left.

Turning his attention to the person next to him, Dee's breath caught in his throat. Standing next to him had to be the most beautiful person he had ever seen (and he'd seen a lot of babes in California.) He was a little bit shorter than Dee (by maybe an inch or so) and had silky looking honey blond hair down until the base of his neck. He had a straight profile, creamy complexion, and dark almond shaped eyes. Clad in a black down jacket with a red scarf and the tightest pair of blue jeans in the UNIVERSE, Dee thought that the man standing next to him was perfect.

The train stopped suddenly, making several people fall out of their seats and onto their neighbors. The same affect happened to the people standing as well. The boy next to him crashed into his shoulder, almost throwing Dee off balance.

"I'm sorry!" he exclaimed, looking embarrassed.

"Hey, it's okay. Not like I lost an arm or something!" Dee said, cracking a smile.

"I'm still very sorry," Ryo replied with a small bow, as people started to board into their car.

"Don't sweat it, `kay?" Dee said, and he nodded.

The train started up once again and accelerated to its maximum speed, trying to make up for lost time from the previous terminals. Dee stood there, trying to fixate his eyes on something that wasn't the gorgeous male next to him so that he wouldn't be classified as a pervert for continually starring at the beautiful stranger.

Dee settled then, on looking casually at his watch from time to time to sneak peeks at his ass. He also noticed that the man behind him seemed to be doing the same thing, only with a perverted grin on his face. The guy stood at his full height with his back to Ryo and leaned backwards to caress his rear while looking like he was merely reaching for his wallet. Dee noticed that the boy next to him went scarlet and clenched his jaw but said nothing.

"I think you're getting sick, Ryo. Your face is all red," the little girl pointed out, sounding worried.

"Nuh-uh, Carol. It means he has a fever," the boy corrected.

"Bikky, having a fever IS being sick," Carol said.

"Oh. Really? Since when?" Bikky asked, looking confused.

"Since Mad Cow Disease," Carol replied dryly, "C'mon Bikky! You're in the third grade! You should know that by now!"

"I know more than you do!" Bikky retorted, sticking out his tongue.

"Uh-huh. Yeah. Sure. Stupid!" Carol said, sticking out her own tongue.

"I'm not stupid!"

"Yes you are!"

"Nuh-uh!"

"Yeah-huh!"

"Nuh-UH!"

"Yeah-HUH!"

"Bikky, Carol," Ryo said, sounding serious and stern, "I am not sick, and you both should stop arguing. There are other people we have to be considerate of."

"You're right," the kids sighed in defeat, bowing their heads.

Dee saw Ryo's eye twitch as another pass was made at his behind. He cringed and finally just kicked the guy in the back of the knee. A cry of "Oh shit!" was quickly muffled by the injured man, but he recovered quickly and stood once again with his back to Ryo.

"Playing hard-to-get?" The man asked him in a husky whisper.

"Hard-to-get you off my case. Leave me alone," Ryo gritted through his teeth.

"I would be happy to, if you weren't so beautiful," he said silkily.

"Aww, can it Berkley. Don't make me retch in a public place," Ryo retorted with loathing.

"You want me so bad, don't you Ryo?" Berkley asked; caressing Ryo's ass once again before the train stopped.

"Don't touch me," Ryo said, stressing every word with a threatening sounding growl.

For some reason, something in Dee snapped. It was obvious that Ryo did not want this Berkley guy to touch him like that. He felt his anger level rising as Berkley continued to sexually harass the teen next to him in front of two innocent children no less!

Seeing red as the anger started to boil within him, Dee grabbed Berkley by the collar of his coat and dragged him towards the exit. The minute the metallic doors opened, Dee shoved the other man off the train and onto the platform; his glasses flying off his face. He fell, immediately standing and grabbing his glasses before sprinting away.

Dee breathed deeply for a couple of moments, collecting himself as all of the passengers crowded onto the platform, some of them murmuring amongst themselves about that violent "uproar" that had disturbed their peace. Dee just scoffed rudely to some of their rather loud comments and even gave someone the finger as an indication to just shut their mouth and keep moving before he came over there and did it for them.

When he turned he was met face-to-face with the blonde-haired boy, standing with Dee's messenger bag and his two children. The expression on his face and in his eyes reflected a look of gratitude, but he also looked a bit flustered while the kids appeared totally clueless about the whole scenario.

"Ah, thank you," he said to Dee with a deep bow and a rather noticeable oriental accent, "It was much appreciated."

"Um . . . no problem," Dee replied, feeling a bit awkward as he accepted his bag from him.

"Well . . . goodbye, and thank you again," Ryo said, starting on his way.

"Bye!" The little girl named Carol chirped happily, grabbing Ryo's hand as they walked away.

Dee didn't reply and just stood there on the platform as people went back and forth, talking loudly on cell phones and others reading newspapers as they walked swiftly around one another as if they could do it in their sleep. Then again, they were Yanks, so they probably COULD do it in their sleep.

As reality started to sink in, Dee realized that he was going to be late for school if he didn't move his sorry butt along. Muttering a curse under his breath, Dee adjusted his bag over his shoulder and bolted out the nearest exit. He ran up stairs two at a time, dodging men in suits and women dressed like sluts, before he was met with the hustle and bustle of the city above the subway.

Buildings so tall and wide they blocked out the sun; the smell of early morning smog lingered in the air, invading Dee's lungs and causing him to refrain from gagging. As he walked, people pushed past him while others dodged him and some people on bikes almost ran him over.

Dee pulled out a scrap paper from his coat pocket and found the main street he was looking for. He stood a crosswalk with a group of business men and a blind man with his faithful German Shepard. Passing a couple more people on bikes and a hoard of elementary school children, Dee found himself on the path to his school.

After passing two donut shops, an arcade, a Wendy's, a drugstore, and a health food store, Dee found himself at a school crosswalk where a man (or was it a woman?) in orange ushered him across to the front of the school. On a brick wall outside of the school, it read in stone: GEORGE WASHINGTON PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOL

Dee passed that and walked onto the school grounds that he found was quite different from the city outside. There was a three-story, brick building that stood in the middle of a snow-covered courtyard. A blacktop was situated on the side of the building that obviously wrapped around towards the back of the structure. Some benches were scattered here and there, with students cramming for tests or sitting with their friends while chatting away happily.

Dee wasn't happy. It was cold. There was snow on the ground. Did he mention, it was cold? The coldest it got in California was like, sixty; on a bad day. He had never seen snow in his life. To be honest, he hated it. He hated the cold. He wanted the beach. The beach was warm, and there was sand and the ocean and a bunch of hot women (and men) walking around in almost NOTHING! God, New York sucked.

He walked towards the entrance and went through a pair of double doors that led to a staircase and the first floor. Dee pulled out another piece of paper with a map and his schedule printed on it. He ascended up the stairs to the second floor at a snail's pace. Once there, he found his locker (#545) and started to work his locker combination. And wouldn't you know it; it was jammed.

Swallowing a loud, long list of curses (that would make a whole crew of sailors blush), Dee kept his anger in check and focused on getting the numbers exact. On the fifth try, the locker finally swung open with a high pitched squeak. Dee ignored the looks of some of the other kids in the hallway and removed his jacket before shoving it inside. As he was taking off his OTHER jacket, the sound of, what sounded like the whole school, invaded his eardrums.

Students ran this way and that way, scampering to their lockers, joking with friends, and others looking like dead zombies walking around. Shouts between people over boyfriends and homework, and the constant slamming of locker doors could be heard throughout the hall. A bell sounded over the din, and everyone immediately ran off in different directions towards their homeroom class.

Dee looked at his schedule and saw that his homeroom was in a Spanish room down the hall. He walked down towards the class, looking at the room numbers that all seemed to be even. After finding the class, he walked inside and found that there was a series of desks all pulled together in one part of the room that were being occupied by the populars of the class. The low-lying punk rock and weird kids that dangled on the bottom of the food chain were all sitting on the floor, listening to CD players, reading magazines, or drawing.

The teacher behind her desk peeked up from her computer and stood to meet him, brushing a strand of strawberry blonde hair away from her face as she removed her glasses that were hiding vibrant blue eyes.

"Hola, como esta?" she asked, coming out from behind her desk (Hello, how are you?)

"Bien," was Dee's reply, "Y tu?" (Good, and you?)

"Ah, mas o menos," she said, "Como te llamas?" (I'm doing okay, what's your name?)

"Mi nombre es Dee Latener," Dee introduced; the kids in the room looked dumfounded. (My name is Dee Latener.)

"Mi nombre es Senora Lasor-Martin. Es un placer," she said, smiling at his knowledge of the Spanish language. (My name is Mrs. Lasor-Martin. It's a pleasure.)

"Igualmente," Dee replied politely. (Same to you.)

"De donde eres?" she inquired. (Where are you from?)

"Soy de California," he said. (I'm from California.)

"California, huh?" Mrs. Lasor-Martin asked in English, "What part?"

"Los Angeles," Dee replied, handing her his schedule.

"Ah, the City of Angels. It's beautiful there," she commented, taking the paper and looking it over.


Dee nodded in agreement and noticed some of the looks that the kids were giving him. Most of them read "Teacher's Pet" and Dee was far from it. But, living in Los Angeles, Spanish was a must. So, when people started talking in Spanish, he had no choice but to respond; it looks as if he shouldn't have this time. Maybe he should've just played dumb.

"Well everyone," Mrs. Lasor-Martin said aloud, looking up to face them, "it seems I have one student who is not Spanish challenged. His name is Dee Latener and he is your new classmate, all the way here from Los Angeles! So, please make him feel at home and do not steer him the wrong way if he asks for directions."

She glared at one particular student on the floor who looked up with a stupid grin on his face.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," he feigned.

"Yeah Ted, we believe you," Mrs. Lasor-Martin replied dryly, "is that why I had a student come to me saying that you tricked him into locking himself in a broom closet?"

"It was my evil twin brother's, second cousin's twice removed aunt's niece who had an affair with my mother's sister's uncle's granddaughter's ex-girlfriend," Ted said in all one breath.

Mrs. Lasor-Martin rolled her eyes and sat down at her desk, leaving Dee to his own devices. He lingered there for a moment before glancing over at the popular group; one face he noticed just happened to be that Berkley guy he had almost beat the living crap out of on the subway. Vibrant green met blazing violet and tension rose in the air as thick as pea soup. The door opening pulled both boys out of their gazes.

"Ohayo Lasor-Martin Sensei," a voice said from behind Dee (Good morning Teacher/Professor Lasor-Martin.)

Turning, Dee saw that is was the boy from the subway, Ryo. With his coat off, Dee could see that he was very slender and lean with long legs and broad shoulders. He had on a white turtleneck with a grey vest over it and those tight blue jeans that framed, well . . . his ass, perfectly.

"Ah, good morning to you too Mr. McLane," she replied, handing him her attendance and a slip of paper, "Can you put that in Mrs. Purdy's mailbox?"

He nodded and accepted the papers from her and turned to leave.

"Oh. Wait, Ryo," Mrs. Lasor-Martin said, "would you mind showing Dee around the school?"

"Um . . ." Ryo looked over his shoulder and realized who she was talking about before replying, "no, I don't mind at all."

"Okay, thanks," she said, sitting back down.

Ryo motioned for Dee to follow him and they passed the populars, Dee shooting glares at everyone, especially Berkley (who just brushed some brown hair casually away from his face with his middle finger) with an extra hint of loathing. As they passed the weird kids, Ryo said, "Sayonara, minna-san," (goodbye, everyone) casually and got a few "Ja"'s in return (see you; `till then.)

Both of them left the classroom silently and started on down the empty hallway; their footsteps echoing off the walls and lockers. Ryo led him to the office where a bunch of students were working behind the desks; answering phones, stapling papers, organizing cabinets, etc. Ryo dropped the attendance in a bin and put the paper from Mrs. Lasor-Martin into some other teacher's little cubby hole on the wall.

As Ryo signed some papers for the office, Dee looked around the small space. It was cluttered, loud, and there was barely any light. Papers were taped on the walls as reminders towards teachers or students to make calls or organize meetings. Fax machines were ringing and printers were printing, their noises just adding to the symphony of chaos taking place.

His eyes lingered over to a closed door on the far wall. On the front of it, it had a rather nasty picture of some type of wild beast eating smaller, uglier animals. Above it was written, in graffiti lettering: THE ROOM OF DOOM

"You don't want to end up in there," a voice whispered from his right, making him jump.

Dee then realized that it was just Ryo and tried to calm himself down.

"I'm sorry, did I scare you?" he asked with a small grin.

"N-No," Dee replied, tearing his eyes away from the door.

"Whatever. Just make sure you never have to go in there," Ryo said, just as the door opened.

Everyone in the room stopped moving and making noise. The machines and phones stopped beeping and ringing. Some even held their breath. It was obvious that everyone was VERY afraid of this one person.

He was fat and ugly and had a bushy mustache. As if being short and fat wasn't enough, he was almost bald as well. The man before them wore a scowl that gave Dee the impression that he might have been constipated.

"Get back to work!" he barked, waddling along and out the office.

Everyone did as they were told and the usual noise started back up again. Ryo led Dee out of the office and into the hallway.

"Lemme see your schedule," he said, and Dee handed it to him.

As Ryo looked it over, Dee couldn't help but observe him some more. He didn't know why, but there was something about Ryo that made him want to look some more. Dee could barely see those dark brown eyes because of the golden locks that hung in front of them. It was odd how Dee's fingers twitched restlessly at his sides, yearning to brush his bangs away from his face to gaze into those dark orbs.

Ryo looked up and saw Dee starring at him; observing him like a hawk, carefully but not in a predatory manner. His emerald gaze was piercing, as if Dee was looking into his very soul. Ryo's face heated up. He hated it when people looked at him in general, but with that kind of gaze, it was enough to make his head explode.

"What? Is there something on my face?" Ryo asked, sounding a clueless as he felt.

"Huh? Uh . . . no," Dee replied, feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Um, okay then. Shall we?" he asked, indicating the hallway in front of them.

Dee nodded and thought that maybe this school wouldn't be so bad after all.


^_^


After Talk with: The Random Queen:

Aww, Kawaii mush. I think it's kinda cute, don't y'all think so too?

We call our principal's office "The Room of Doom" and I decided to use it. I mean, in the manga, Chief Smith is scary . . . so I just gave him role as principal/guidance consoler to strike fear into the hearts of everyone. -laughs insanely-

And, I know I use references to different languages, but . . . you know, us kids be usin' many languages today (especially Japanese because of all this, what my grandma calls, "Jap Crap"). My Spanish teacher, who had the cameo in this chapter (Go Mrs. Lasor-Martin! You rock! ^_^ ) speaks both French, Spanish and English. She's trying German now and I persuaded her to learn some Japanese too!

Now, I've never been to NY, so I don't really know what it's like. I'm just using what all my friends said about it and from what I see on all those television shows. So, if you live in NY and this sounds totally bogus, contact me and tell me what it's REALLY like: The_Random_Queen@hotmail.com

I added some Bikky and Carol in there for future references and because I just think they're totally adorable. Basically, they are NOT Ryo's children (because Ryo's a good little virgin boy in my story), they are his neighbors that live in his apartment building. He takes them to school every morning because he hates to see them take the subway by themselves. They're like, seven years old! A pervert could grab them or something! Well, Carol's in the fourth grade and Bikky's in the third grade (little chibi's!!!) so I guess Bikky's about eight or so and Carol is like nine- ish.

It'll be explained in later chapters, but I'm just giving you all a heads up!


Parting words and The Bribe:


Please tell me in your reviews if you enjoyed this story! Feedback is always rewarding! Flames will be laughed at and used to cook marshmallows. Nice reviews will get you another chapter, maybe even longer than this one (10 pages), and some homemade, non-burnt chocolate chip cookies. Sounds good right?

Okay, I tried bribing you. Now please review and make this author happy!!!


~The Random Queen


See you soon!

P.S. If this fic seems familiar, it's because it probably is! I used to be on www.fanfiction.net. Don't go there. They're mean. Very mean. I was on ff.net for about three years and they decided to kick me off, along with this story that had about 250 reviews on it. Along with my other stories. Like: Crazy 4 u (1180 reviews) Crazier 4 u (580 reviews) Dearest (110 reviews) Bloodlust (230 reviews) Blind Love (350 reviews) and Learning to Love (80 reviews) So . . . they suck. Don't go there. Support me now!!! Please review kindly!

<(^^<) <(^^)> (>^^)> Kirby's dancin'!!