Fan Fiction / Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Journey of the Dragon Bladers ❯ Arriving and confrontation ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A.N: I'm sorry I haven't updated for so long, my new job is killing free time. Did I mention I hate writer's block. ___________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Cyra opened her eyes and looked around, "What happened?" Cherie looked up from her spot next to two sleeping bags, "You're up, that's some good news at least." Cherie gestured to the sleeping bags. Cyra tilted her head and flew over to her sister's shoulder; "It's Ray and Nina, what happened?" Cherie sighed, "I don't know, maybe it was the heat, after you battled that monster Ray collapsed and then Nina soon after." "But that doesn't make any sense, if it was the heat shouldn't the cat-people, with their fur, faint first?" Cherie shrugged, "They seem to be doing the best out of all of us, even the kid, they must be tougher than they look." She pointed at a concerned-looking Kalina sitting next to Ray; "She doesn't even seem the least bit dazed…at least, not by the heat." "Anything I can do?" Cyra asked. "You can go look for water, or help Ryu with whatever he's doing…" "I've tried water, it isn't helping," Kalina muttered. "I have an ice dragon form," Cherie said. Kalina bared her teeth, "No." "Just a suggestion," Cherie muttered.

Cyra changed to her human form and sat down, "Ryu will probably come up with something, so we should just relax." Ceri walked into the tent with a small smile. She held up a piece of meat, "I got the cure for what's wrong with Ray." Kalina smiled, "Good, give it here." "No, I'm giving it to Ray." "But I'm right here." Cherie looked at Ryu, "So was that meat your idea?" Ryu nodded. Ceri didn't look up, "Yeah, but we don't have a Radka anymore, we really needed the meat though." Kalina sniffed at the meat, "It smells weird, but if it cures Ray…"

Cherie suddenly started laughing. Ceri glared at the other dragon, "What's so funny?" Cherie pointed behind Ceri and Kalina. Cyra, now in her tiny dragon form was sitting on a now-awake Ray's shoulder, "If you're not going to eat the rest of that meat…" Ceri swiped at the younger dragon, "Get off." Cyra flew out of the tent, "ZEO! THEY'RE BEING MEAN TO ME!" Ceri looked at Cherie, "That's the great warrior of your clan…I'm sticking with Ryu." Cherie sighed, "I don't know what happened, Cyra didn't used to be such a crybaby…" Hillary shook her head as she came into the tent, "You guys don't get it do you?" "Get what?" Cherie and Ceri asked. "Nevermind." "I get it," Kalina said with a grin. "What don't I…oh I understand…" Cherie said snapping her fingers.

"WHY WON'T ANTONE TELL ME ANYTHING?!" Ceri yelled. Ryu shrugged and went over to Nina with some meat. Kalina and Cherie just laughed at Ceri's anger.

**************************************************************** ********************************************

"Finally, I was thinking we'd never get here," Ceri said walking into a town built around an oasis. "WATER!" Cyra yelled, diving into a nearby bucket full of water. "I'm with Cyra, I've never been so happy to see water in my entire life," Max said sitting next to a small pool of water. "Forget the water, that restaurant is a sight for sore eyes." Tyson said, running towards a nearby building. "After this point there is no more desert, but we should still be cautious," Cherie said, watching a woman pull Cyra out of the bucket.

**************************************************************** ********************************************

"How can one little butterfly drink so much?" Nina muttered as she watched Cyra push away her third glass of water. "We don't get many visitors and when we do, they usually drink twice as much as your little friend," said the mayor of Oasis as Cyra began eating a nearby plate of Radka meat.

"So, where are you headed?" the mayor's wife asked as she sat another plate of food down for Tyson. "That's a secret for the three of us," Cherie gestured to Cyra, Ceri and herself. "We are headed to meet the goddess Myria," Garr said. Cherie watched the gargoyle-type warrior with suspicion but said nothing, instead she turned to the Mayor, "Is there a shop around here, I must get better weapons and replenish my items." "Of course there are, they're over next to the restaurant." Cherie stood up and left the table without another word. The mayor shrugged, "There is a celebration tonight, you are welcome to stay and enjoy yourselves if you wish." "Sounds like fun," Kalina said. "I hope you guys aren't in a hurry," Felina said to Ryu's group. "No way, a break is exactly what we need," Nina said. "What is this celebration about?" Hillary asked. The mayor looked down at Cyra and smiled, "It is a yearly event in which we thank the great protector of Oasis, Asria." "There is dancing, food, and the shrine of Asria will appear in the middle of the water." Cyra smiled, "Sounds great, when does it start?" "Tonight, when the Fake North Star is at it's brightest…" "In other words, midnight," Ryu muttered. "Who cares, it sounds fun," Cyra cheered, "I'll even dress up." "We'll see a rare sight, Cyra in her human form…in a dress no less," Kalina teased. Cyra shrugged, "Oh well, I'm gonna go find Cherie." For once, Ceri ceased glaring at Kalina and stood up, saying something truly surprising; "I'll come with you."

**************************************************************** ********************************************

"Cherie! Hey Cherie!" Cyra yelled, flying towards the item shop. Cherie looked back, "What is it Cyra?" Cyra flew in excited circles around her sister's head, "There's a celebration tonight I'm so excited!" "Cyra," Cherie said in a low, serious voice that made the younger dragon stop. "What?" "Did you forget what we talked about back in the Desert of Death?" "Uh…yeah," Cyra said in a soft voice. "We are now at Oasis, which means that we have to leave them all to their own missions and go back to the journey I intended this to be, Ryu and the others are going their own way and we must leave the Bladebreakers here." "But Cherie…" "Cyra, where we are going is very dangerous, even to dragons such as ourselves, what hope does a group of beybladers have in such a dangerous place." Cyra frowned, "We could protect them…" Cherie shook her head, "We will have a hard enough time protecting ourselves Cyra, do you really want to put them at risk?" "No…but I'll miss them so much, it won't feel right without them." Cherie sighed, "I'll miss them too, more than you can guess, but this is dragon business, humans have no place where we are going." Cyra sighed. Cherie smiled, "Cyra, I have an idea, use this celebration to do what you want, this will be your last day with them before we leave, so have fun, okay, and I will do the same." "Okay," Cyra said in a sad voice as she walked glumly to get ready for the celebration.