Fan Fiction / Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Journey of the Dragon Bladers ❯ Journey Continued ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A.N: I'm sorry I haven't updated for so long, between school and the two hours a day rule I haven't had much time on my hands.

_______________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________

"If you don't find my sister…" Cherie threatened, holding Zeo by the collar. "Calm down Cherie, Cyra's a dragon, she can take care of herself," Kalina said, backing away from the red-eyed dragon girl. Katt suddenly smiled, "She'll come back when she's good and ready."

*************************************************************** *********************************************

Cyra awoke to the sound of splashing water, "What the heck just happened…why am I outside the shrine?" she sat on the shrine steps and yawned, "I'm so tired…" "Hey guys, I found her!" Cyra yawned, "Oh, hey Max, what's going on?" Cherie bolted from the shrine towards her little sister, "CYRA! WHERE WERE YOU!" "I don't know, I don't remember," Cyra said, cringing a little. "Leave her alone, Cherie, we're leaving, and she's here, so what does it matter."

"DARK DRAGON, GET OUT OF THE SACRED FOUNTAIN!" Ceri ran by with a grin on her face, "Time to go." Katt hissed then turned towards the group, "You going already?" Cherie nodded, "Yeah, we are…Cyra watch the claws." "Sorry Zeo." "Goodbye Lady Katt," Rei and Ray said together. Cherie began walking towards the entrance and looked back as gold and silver blurs ran towards the group. "Wait for us!" Kalina and Felina yelled.

*************************************************************** *********************************************

"If there's one thing I hate more than desert travel it's cats." Kalina and Felina glared at Ceri. Cherie sighed, "It's only been a day and already they're fighting." Cyra readjusted on the rock she was on and yawned, "So where are we headed again?" Cherie pointed at Ryu's group; "They're headed to a place to defeat Myria, we…nevermind." Cyra glared at her sister, "Tell me!" Cherie stood up and walked from the tent, "Follow me if you want to know." Cyra fluttered her little wings and flew past the sleeping group after her sister. Cherie stopped and pointed to a shape in the distance, "Once we go far enough we'll split from the group and you and me will travel towards that mountain, there I'll explain everything." "Why don't we travel with Tyson and the others, I mean, they're following us…" "And once I find that stupid Deis they will go back…this is dragon business Cyra, humans cannot handle the place we are headed." Cyra changed to her human form and frowned, "I see…" Cherie sighed, "Once we reach Oasis we'll get some supplies and then we'll go our own way." "So in other words, don't get attached?" Cherie nodded, "Exactly, my original plan was to use the Bladebreakers to free you and then go on to the dragon shrine in that mountain, then go even further to our destination." Cyra sighed, "Okay, I'm going back to camp, Cherie."

Cyra walked glumly toward the camp, not noticing Kai standing nearby, `I don't want to leave them… but I don't want them to be in danger either, I know I'm a warrior, but what am I supposed to do…' "Hey Cyra, something wrong?" Cyra jumped, "Oh, hi Zeo…no, nothing's wrong, I'm fine…what are you doing out here?" "The camel-thing wandered off…" "Camel-thin…oh, you mean the Radka, it'll come back, it's probably just looking for food." "Yeah, Kai's missing too." Cyra shrugged, "Don't worry about him either, he's like the Radka, he'll come back." Cherie grabbed hold of Cyra's ear, "Get in bed, we have a lot of walking to do tomorrow." Cherie reached out and grabbed Zeo's ear as well, "Come on you two get some sleep, we're almost to oasis."

*************************************************************** *********************************************

"We should be in Oasis by now," Rei muttered. Cyra tilted her head, "I'll go fly up to that sand dune and see what's going on." Kalina turned to Ray and frowned, "You ok, you look a little dizzy." Ray shrugged, "I'm fine, don't worry." "Don't bother changing Cyra, we'll just climb." The sand beneath their feet suddenly began quaking. "What's going on?!" Cyra yelled as the `sand dune' began shifting and sliding away to reveal a large furry creature. Cherie smiled, "Ready for your first fight, Cyra?" Cyra squealed, bolting around behind Cherie, "Yeep!" "Cyra, you're supposed to be a warrior!" Cherie scolded. Cyra shook her head, "No way!" Kalina and Felina ran behind Ray and Rei, "WAY TOO BIG!" Cherie shoved Cyra towards the monster, "Get in touch with your instincts Cyra." "What insinc…AHHH!" Cyra jumped out of the way as a large claw swiped at her. She bared her teeth. There was a flash of blue light and Cyra's human form melted away and in its place stood a large golden dragon with feathery wings and a long whip-like tail. Cherie smiled, "Looks like Cyra picked up a few more forms." The large dragon moved gracefully towards the monster and opened its mouth. A blaze of multicolored light flew from Cyra's mouth and hit the monster square in the chest. The monster vanished under a swirl of sand and Cyra's large golden head turned towards the group, teeth bared. "BUTTERFL…EEEEP!" a little blue form scampered and hid behind Kalina. Cherie rolled her eyes, "Looks like we got another tag-along." A little blue cat tail stuck out from behind Kalina.

Cyra's large green eyes flickered and she whirled around, changing to her tiny dragon form and curling up on a small sand dune, "I think I'll take a little nap." The little blue cat-kid ran from behind Kalina and picked up Cyra in one quick motion, "Butterfly!"

Cyra made a face and fell asleep. Cherie smiled, "She used up a lot of energy…"

Kalina suddenly let out a loud meow as Ray fell to the ground, unconscious. Cherie whirled around, "Someone put him in the tent."