Fan Fiction / Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Behind Enemy Lines: A Bleach Story ❯ Train Ride Chaos ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Neither Bleach nor Harry Potter is mine. Boo-hoo.
 
Ok, ok. For some of you who don't know who Byakuya Kuchiki is, I better explain. Byakuya Kuchiki is the older brother of Rukia, but there is no blood relation because Rukia is adopted. Byakuya is extremely quiet and conservative, and does NOT like company. He usually ignores Rukia, but has a burning hatred for Ichigo. Byakuya, like most Shinigami, has a soul cutter but his is high level. He unlocks the true powers of his sword by saying, `Shatter'. Somewhat creepy, but whatever. He has long black hair and a usual headdress. If I were to compare him to any other anime character, it would be Sesshomaru from Inuyasha. They're so alike, it's scary.
 
They both have younger siblings that they don't like. They both have long hair. And they both have a kick ass sword. The only difference is their hair color. Well, enjoy this chappy! No pun intended. =^^=
 
 
Chapter 2:Train Ride Chaos
 
 
Ichigo Kurosaki leaned back in his seat, staring out of the window of the Hogwarts Express. He was somewhat irritated by the stares he was receiving from their new “companions.” The one called Harry Potter, discreetly stared at him through the corner of his eye while everyone just goggled without knowing that Ichigo had noticed. It must have been either his hair, or his dislike of Byakuya.
 
Rukia seemed perfectly content with them, chatting happily and politely like she did with the classmates at home. Little did these strangers know, Rukia wasn't the person she seemed. She was a whole different person when it came to killing hollows.
 
“Say,” says Harry, looking at both of them. “Why aren't you guys changed yet?”
 
“Are we supposed to?” Rukia blinked and look down at her attire, a grey blazer and skirt.
 
“Of course. We have uniforms.” Harry gestured to his black robes.
 
“We have to wear those?” Ichigo recoiled in disgust at the sight of the black cloak. It looked ancient, like something out of an old book. He didn't want to wear something like that. He was perfectly content in his old school uniform, and didn't feel like changing. He might trip…
 
`BEEP BEEP BEEP'
 
“Huh?” Hermione looked around “What's that?”
 
Rukia dug around in her blazer and pulled out her cell phone/ pager thingy. It beeped again in her hand. Her eyes widened “It's an…order…”
 
“Where?!” Ichigo leaped up from his seat and looked over her shoulder to see the screen of the cell phone. It said: Hogwarts Express, 12:15. + 5, -5. In other words, the hollow would attack this train plus or minus five minutes. Crap. Rukia hesitated to pull on her glove, but did so anyway. She smacked Ichigo in the face and his body separated from his soul. Leaving his body laying on the floor as his Shinigami soul stood before her. The Hogwarts students looked on in awe, their gazes going from the cold, dead body on the floor and the tall orange haired fifteen-year-old in the black robes.
 
“Rukia, where is it?” Ichigo asked.
 
“It's—” She began, but was cut off by a loud bang. Ichigo looked up to see the impression of a hand dented into the roof. The Hogwarts students all gasped in surprise as the dent became deeper and deeper.
 
“Get out of here!” he screamed, pushing them out of the compartment. “Hurry up and tell Byakuya!” Rukia nodded as the roof collapsed in, the large arm of a hollow dropping in and narrowly missing Rukia's head. Then, in the background more screams of the students came from other compartments.
 
“How many are there?” he asked, opening the window.
 
Rukia glanced down at her phone, taking a gasp in surprise. “Four.”
 
Ichigo cursed under his breath, seeing that the window didn't open up enough for him to crawl through onto the top of the train. He sighed and stepped back, slamming a foot into the glass. The window shattered and pieces fell everywhere in the small room. Ichigo began to slide through the opening, lifting himself up onto the roof of the car. The wind whipped around wildly as he stood, barely being able to jump out of the way of a huge claw.
 
The hollow stood to about fifteen feet high, towering over Ichigo. Its wide eyes and mouth gave it the look of a clown, except more demented. Ichigo glanced around, seeing three others scattered on the tops of the other cars, also wanting their share of Shinigami souls that had disguised themselves as students to stowaway on the train.
 
“Holy shit.” He growled.
 
Then something whizzed by him, a shadow of black that jumped, and sliced the head of his opponent in half. “HA HA!” the girl laughed, “I'll make these shits pay for their interference of my mission! HA HA HA!” Ichigo sweatdropped and unsheathed Zangetsu* while he looked the girl over.
 
“W-what…. The hell?” he had never seen such an unusual Shinigami before. Her hair was strawberry blonde with streaks of red and blue along with the several tiny braids scattered throughout her head that were decorated with beads. She was short, but still not as short as Rukia. Maybe just a couple inches shorter than he was.
 
“Hey,” the girl said, raising as eyebrow at Ichigo. “You're that human that took Rukia's powers! Nice hair dude!” She smiled as Ichigo jumped and severed the head of a hollow.
 
“I thought all Shinigami were serious…” He said as he rested Zangetsu on his shoulder and watched the hollow's body fall off the car crashing into the ground and was left behind.
 
“Why the hell would you think that?” she asked, sheathing her own Zanpaku-to as she walked over.
 
“Well, all the Shinigami I know are serious.” Ichigo replied, turning to the last of the hollows, but even before he could raise his sword, both of the hollows lost their heads by, what do ya know, Byakuya. This had to earn him some more fangirls.
 
“Byakuya! You ruined my fun!” the small Shinigami growled.
 
“Do not refer to me by my first name. I am Captain Kuchiki or in this dump, Professor.” Byakuya snarled, sheathing his Senbonzakura* and crossing his arms.
 
Ichigo scowled at Rukia's brother before climbing back through his compartment window. “I hate that bastard.” He muttered while he crawled back into his body. Rukia had closed the compartment door and locked it from prying eyes.
 
“Who was that other Shinigami?” Ichigo asked.
 
“That was Chiaki Takamura. She was in the same class as I in the Shinigami Academy. Don't pay any regard towards her, she's just attention-hungry.” Rukia replied as she reached for the compartment door. “We have to see if everyone's all right.” She stopped, frowning at the crowd of students pressing their faces against the glass. They must have been at least two years younger than Ichigo.
 
“THAT WAS WICKED!”
 
Ichigo slapped his head in frustration. “I am seriously going to hate it here.” He collapsed onto a seat, sticking his middle finger up to the students, scaring them off.
 
“What are we going to do about this mess? You could've just went through the window.” She said, sitting down across from him.
 
“ Easy for you to say! You would've fit!” Ichigo snapped back as he brushed some glass off of the seat. “Make sure that door is locked…” he muttered to her before leaning his head back. Rukia locked the door tightly rolling her eyes as she heard protests from the students outside.
 
“It looks like you have some fans, Ichigo.” She mumbled.
 
Ichigo replied, “I wish I didn't.”
 
“Not as much as Byakuya, which is something I'm fine with. He's got most of the girls in this school chasing after him. It's funny.”
 
“Alohomora!” the sound of the lock unlatching reached their ears as the door slammed open, revealing twin Indian girls around Ichigo's age. They were both gushing with admiration. They scanned the room and ran up to Ichigo.
 
“Shimatta…” Ichigo mumbled under his breath and glared at the two girls that were followed by several more (all of which had their eyes on Ichigo). “What do you want?
 
“That was amazing!” one exclaimed. “How did you kill that thing?”
 
Ichigo rolled his eyes, “I killed it…simple.” Much to his displeasure, Ichigo's rude comment only made the girls think he was even cooler.
 
“What's your name?” Pleaded a very short girl with dirty blonde hair. For a moment, Ichigo considered lying about his name, but he already told other students, eh, what the hell?
 
Ichigo sighed in exasperation, “Ichigo Kurosaki.” A few of the girls gushed some more. Ichigo sweat-dropped. Then, one of the twins finally noticed Rukia sitting across from Ichigo.
 
“Who are you?” The girl demanded with a fist on her hip.
 
“Uh…Rukia Kuchiki.” Rukia hesitated to answer. Now, all the girls looked at Rukia. Was it him, or did Ichigo see all of his `fans' giving Rukia death glares?
 
The compartment door hurled itself open once again. “HELLO! FELLOW STUDENTS!” Chiaki yelled as she stomped in, pushing the Hogwarts students aside as she squished herself next to Ichigo. “SUP!”
 
“…Sometimes I think you belong in an insane asylum.” Ichigo muttered to her, trying to push the short girl away. Now Chiaki was the center of death glares.
 
“Hey! Ichigo doesn't want you near him so get away!” one said, looking down at Chiaki angrily.
 
Chiaki rolled her eyes and winked at Ichigo. “Looks like my friend here has gotten himself some fangirls!” she laughed, slapping her hand on Ichigo's back, making him sputter for air. “Well, you European girls can hit on him at the school! Class hasn't even started yet.”
 
“Move or die.” Ichigo growled, pushing Chiaki off the seat. She waved her arms in a dramatic way before valiantly falling to his feet.
 
“He killed me!” she cried, rolling on the floor before stopping and jumping to her feet. “ALL RIGHT EURO-GIRLS! Get outta here!” She didn't even have to take a step towards them before they scattered from the compartment. She smirked, her hands on her hips in a triumphant way and waving her strawberry blonde hair before laughing out like a maniac.
 
“You are among the craziest people I have ever met, if not the craziest.” Rukia muttered before looking out the compartment doorway before sliding it closed. “They're gone…”
 
Chiaki was still smirking as she collapsed into the seat next to Ichigo. Then, the smirk dropped. “You know this is strange.”
 
“What is besides you?” Ichigo grumbled, sitting back in his seat.
 
“ Kurosaki-san, despite my demeanor around these wizards, I am a very sane person.” Chiaki said, crossing her arms. “I was just trying to scare them off. Anyway, it is strange how four hollows work together to ambush this train. You know they are very solitary creatures.” She turned to Rukia.
 
“No doubt your brother has been wondering the same thing.” She said.
 
“Is it possible that someone has summoned them?” Rukia asked, still glancing out the compartment window, which led to the corridor inside. Chiaki nodded solemnly. “Well,” Rukia said while she sighed, “It is not safe to speak of such things here of all places. You don't know who could be listening.”
 
Ichigo understood that the students of the Wizardry academy knew many things that might have included a spell for eavesdropping.
 
=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=
 
Meanwhile, Byakuya was sitting in a very crowded compartment, surrounded by disciples of the Wizardry academy who chattered happily to either him or their companions. He was squished between the window leading to the hills outside and two female students who blushed wildly for some idiotic reason. They kept trying to make conversation with him, but Byakuya didn't speak a word to them. Once in a while, another female student would shove one of the girls out of her seat and take her place. Probably to get nearer to him. Stupid human girls.
 
He tried to divert his gaze to the window and the rolling hills outside. He wondered if it would hurt to jump out now… He also hated the way they used his first name and their horrible way they pronounced it. He cringed every time he heard his own name. Instead of saying the words together, they sort of spread them out and spoke very slowly.
 
Byakuya sounded more like, Beeyaw-ku-yaw.
 
“Professor… Byakuya?” Byakuya turned from the window to face a chubby, round-faced student maybe about fifteen or so.
 
`Oh, no.' he thought. Byakuya sighed and rolled his eyes at the girl. “What?” Instead of answering, she blushed and turned, giggling. `That's IT…' his mind mused as he stood, taking up his bag and pushing his way through the sea of juveniles to get to the doorway. `Sanctuary… But even though he had made it to the hallway, the majority of his admirers followed him. One desperate girl even clung to his sleeve. Byakuya cringed in disgust, shaking the girl from his arm and finally pulling himself free of the mob.
 
He walked quickly down the corridor, glancing back at the gaining crowd of female students following him. There were few things in this world that made Byakuya frightened. It was this very situation that was one of them. He glanced around while he strode, seeing no where to stowaway for the rest of the trip. He paced down the hallway searching for a secure hideout.
 
Byakuya knew where the only compartment free of the Hogwarts students resided. He swallowed his pride before hurriedly opening the door, and stepping in, slamming it behind him. “What a nightmare…” he muttered to himself, hearing the protests of his followers outside.
 
The orange-haired Shinigami jumped from his seat, pointing an accusing finger at Byakuya. “YOU! What the hell are YOU doing here?”
 
Byakuya sighed, locking the door behind him before glimpsing back nervously at the gang of girls. “That…is the reason why I am here.”
 
Chiaki Takamura punched him in a friendly-like manner only to Byakuya it was pure insult. “Looks like our captain is having even more trouble with the ladies than Ichigo!”
 
Byakuya growled at her, still looking at the faces pressed against the glass of the compartment door. “What are you talking about?”
 
“Some of the students like the way Ichigo handled that hollow back there.” Rukia said observantly.
 
“I wish they'd go away…” Ichigo mumbled. “But how can they see me in my Shinigami form?”
 
“They are wizards, Ichigo.” Rukia replied. “They have just enough magical or spiritual powers to see both hollows and Shinigami almost perfectly.”
 
Chiaki laughed, collapsing back into her seat. “HA! Byakuya's got it ten times worse than you do, flame-head.”
 
“Oh really?”
 
Byakuya nodded, “They tried to cram into my compartment with me. They even chased me all the way here. One actually TOUCHED me.”
 
Chiaki smirked, “No human must EVER come in contact with your resonating magnificence.”
 
“Exactly.”
 
Rukia gasped as she heard a spell being called out from the hallway. She hurried and slammed the door closed again before it could open and welcome any of the followers of Byakuya. “They can unlock the door!” she said.
 
Chiaki reached for the still broken window of the compartment. “Oh my God! Keep the door closed!”
 
“You are acting like we're going to die when they come in here.” Ichigo growled, leaning against the door beside Rukia.
 
“I just might. I cannot believe I accepted this tedious mission. The only reason I came was because all you amateurs needed supervision.” Byakuya remarked.
 
“No one's stopping you from leaving! You can go anytime!” Ichigo said.
 
Chiaki laughed, “He has way too much pride to get himself outta this now.”
 
Byakuya glared daggers at the blonde girl before sitting gracefully into a seat. He tried his best to tune out the calls for him. So far, this train ride had been pure disaster. First, he breaks up a fight. Then, he fights a hollow in front of humans. And, to top it off, the pathetic creatures claw at him and chase him down as though he was a rabbit running from a pack of wolves.
 
=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=
 
Harry, Ron and Hermione had squeezed themselves in a compartment with Neville Longbottom and Seamus Finnigan. Harry, personally did not want to be stuck in a compartment with students more abnormal than himself; A.K.A Ichigo and Rukia. Those two students seem to attract trouble like magnets sitting in a bucket of nails. He thought about how those monsters attack the train when it had never happened before. Further more, the monsters attacked the very compartment where Ichigo and Rukia resided. This was very strange indeed.
 
“You know,” Ron began. “Those are some pretty weird students, you know, the oriental kids.”
 
“Thank you for stating the obvious, Ron.” Hermione remarked. “But they are from a different country. Maybe we are weird to them rather than they are weird to us.”
 
“But then don't you think it's strange?” Harry asked. “How all this weird stuff is happening when they arrive?”
 
“Harry,” Hermione stated matter-of-factly, “YOU shouldn't be talking. All kinds of strange things happened around you. You attract every bad thing that can happen.”
 
“Thanks…” Harry replied soberly. “I know I attract a lot of…unusual things, but all of those are a part of the wizard world. I've never seen that kind of monster before.”
 
Hermione nodded in agreement. “It is strange. Maybe they are monsters native to Japan…”
 
“What are you talking about?” Neville asked, fumbling with his rememberall as it turned a cherry red. “I must've forgotten something… but I can't remember what I forgot.”
 
Hermione laughed saying, “Typical Neville. Anyway, good thing Professor Kuchiki was there to protect us!”
 
“But,” Ron countered “Kurosaki and that one girl fought too. Kuchiki barely did anything.”
 
“He did just as much as they did, you know. He killed two at a time!” Hermione argued, folding her arms in front of her.
 
“Now another argument about a professor you barely know. It's Gilderoy Lockhart all over again.” Harry grumbled while he sat back in his seat.
 
Hermione shook her bushy head, “No! Not at all. Professor Kuchiki can actually do something. Lockhart was a sham!”
 
“For all you know, Professor Kuchiki could be one too.” Ron said.
 
The sound of students passing by the compartment was rare. Sometimes they never stepped out of their compartments. The voice of the female student seemed to be angry. “THE NERVE! I cannot believe that Kurosaki hangs around such an insane girl! Not to mention that he is surrounded by them!”
 
“I know! She chased us off on purpose!”
 
This intrigued Harry. Were they speaking about Rukia? She seemed to be very sane to him; nothing seemed to be out of place in her head. He stood and opened the compartment door to face Parvati Patil who appeared to be very angry. “Who are you talking about?” he asked.
 
“That blonde girl! She's mad I tell you!” Parvati replied. “She chased us away from Kurosaki for some reason.”
 
Ron popped his head out next to Harry. “Don't tell me you guys are hunting Kurosaki, too. What's with you women? You barely know him!”
 
“It's not the quantity it's the quality.” Padma Patil replied next to her sister.
 
“But you still don't know him.” Harry countered. “He's seems to be somewhat of a brute if you ask me. I don't think he's ever spoken directly to you anyway.”
 
“Say what you want.” Parvati said while she rolled her eyes. “He is STILL more wicked than you.”
 
“But,” says Ron. “He still hangs out with that one girl. He may be taken.” Parvati didn't seem to have an answer for that. She huffed, turning and stomping away. Harry could have sworn he saw flames in her eyes. Ron smirked to himself triumphantly before Padma continued.
 
“Well, she's going to have to move aside.” Padma growled and all the other girls nodded, but then instantly glared at each other.
 
“Well,” Malfoy said as he pushed through the crowd of female students. “I'm going to get them expelled if it's the last thing I do. And get that Byakuya bastard fired.”
 
Ron laughed. “Keep your voice down Malfoy. He might just kill ya. You might end up like Nearly Headless Nick.”
 
Malfoy gulped and rubbed his neck subconsciously, probably thinking about how it might feel to be headless and walked away, somewhat concerned about the new professor. Harry smirked and nodded a goodbye to Ichigo's new fan club and he and Ron closed the door of the compartment and sat back down.
“Well, I think Kurosaki has a lot of trouble on his hands.”
 
=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=
 
Hours later, Ichigo, Rukia, Byakuya and Chiaki were sitting in their compartment with newly fixed windows (the snack lady fixed it with her magical stick or wand whatever.). “Are we there yet?” Chiaki asked mindlessly for the tenth time as she pressed her face against the window, watching the rain fall and hit the glass.
 
“No.” Ichigo growled.
 
A moment of silence...
 
“What about now?” she asked again.
 
“NO…” Byakuya answered this time, staring angrily at the floor.
 
Another moment of silence
“Now?”
 
“No, not now.” Rukia replied.
 
Another moment of dead silence
 
“How about now?”
 
“NO, YOU BRAINDEAD BROAD!” Ichigo roared, pounding his fists on the seat.
 
“Hey look! We're here!” Chiaki squealed as she slammed down her window and stuck her head out.
 
Rukia shook her head and stood, looking out. “Oh wow. Ichigo, look.”
 
Ichigo regretfully got up from his seat and pressed his face to the window. They were pulling into a station, lighted by lanterns hanging from the walls and lampposts lining the platform. Ichigo then looked down at his new, black very depressing uniform. He sighed, these stupid cloaks were wearing him down. Oh how he longed for his regular uniform or at least his Shinigami outfit. Rukia even needed help from Chiaki to get her uniform on, seeing the cloak had somehow trapped her in a cocoon of cotton beforehand.
 
“Well,” He began. “I really hope this isn't going to take too long.”
 
END CHAPTER
 
A/N: Zangetsu*: This is Ichigo's sword.
Senbonzakura: This is Byakuya's sword. O.O IT'S SO COOL!!