Fan Fiction / Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Behind Enemy Lines: A Bleach Story ❯ Little Ichigo in Big Trouble ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Hp or Bleach. Don't rub it in my face.
 
 
Chapter 3: Little Ichigo in Big Trouble!
 
“Well,” He began. “I really hope this isn't going to take too long.” Rukia rolled her eyes at Ichigo obviously annoyed of his whining.
 
“Suck it up for once will you?” She crossed her arms glanced out the window. The train jerked to a stop and the hissing of the engines echoed in the air. “You might actually enjoy this…”
 
They began to march out of the compartment, Byakuya at the lead. They watched other students pile out of their compartments, slightly tousled and drowsy. Several girls (and a few boys?) made for the very unhappy Captain, but he was way too fast for all of them and sped from the train in a blur. Ichigo cringed to himself at the sight of Byakuya fleeing the mob of girls (and boys?). He knew Byakuya probably was resisting the impulse to obliterate all his fans with his Zanpaku-to.
 
Chiaki grinned evilly and muttered something about a `chick magnet.' Ichigo paid her no heed as a current of black robes and adolescents swept them along. They wandered around, wondering if there was some specific place they had to go. Despite the fact that it was very crowded, people made room to stare at the Shinigami.
 
“THERE'S NOTHING TO SEE!” Ichigo screamed for what seemed the one-hundredth time. This was going beyond annoying. Ichigo growled at any Hogwarts student who even glanced over. Just at that moment, three girls pranced up to him. His first instinct was to run.
 
“Kurosaki.” Ichigo cringed at the horrible way they pronounced his name. It was like nails on a chalkboard. `PLEASE, just walk away. Walk away, PLEASE!' He yelled in his mind.
 
“My name is Hanna Abott.” One of the girls, who seemed to be the leader of the group smiled widely, and scarily.
 
“Isn't that nice?” He muttered sarcastically. Instead of a retort, the girls giggled bubbly as if it WAS something to laugh at. Then, he noticed something. Rukia had disappeared. `NO! SHE'S ABANDONED ME!' his mind mused. Ichigo looked around, his small companion nowhere to be found. He was alone…well, except for Chiaki who stood behind him. But, being alone with her was worse than being alone.
 
A frustrated sigh came from Chiaki. Ichigo's mind suddenly traveled back to the incident in the train. Chiaki pushed passed him and yelled, “ALL RIGHT YOU LITTLE GROUPIES! GET OUTTA HERE BEFORE I SUCK OUT YOUR BLOOD AND USE YOUR BODIES FOR SOME WEIRD ORIENTAL VOODOO!”
 
Ichigo watched the girls' faces go pale with panic. The blonde girl growled menacingly and took a step towards them. The Hogwarts students jumped back in fright. Chiaki stopped, suddenly swaying from side to side with a weird look on her face. “Ichigo!” she muttered, “You want me to kill them, no?”
 
Now the girls' eyes traveled to our orange-headed hero. “W-what?! What are you talking about?!”
 
“HEED MY WARNING MORTALS! AVOID KUROSAKI FOR A WHOLE MONTH AND I WON'T KILL YE!” Chiaki bellowed. She then drew a breath, “RAWR!”
 
The Hogwarts students `eeped' before scurrying away, disappearing into the crowd. Ichigo quickly distanced himself from Chiaki for the gathering stares were making him very uncomfortable. “Rukia!” he yelled “Where are you?!”
 
He wandered around, the number of students diminishing around him. Where did they all go?! He saw most of the students get into carriages that were pulled by unusual skeletal black horses with leathery wings. Ichigo stopped and stared at them. One horse lifted its heavy head towards him. Ichigo jumped. The aura around them was similar to that of a hollow's.
 
“ICHIGO!” Rukia yelled, pushing him over with a shove. “Where were you?!”
 
“I was wondering the same thing with you!” Ichigo growled back and stood, brushing himself off. “Where do we go now?”
 
“I say, we take these carriages. They should take us to that castle.” She answered, climbing into the cart. He sped after her, closing the little door. When he sat back, he saw himself face to face with some of the Hogwarts students. `Damn…they're everywhere.' He thought. One kid held an unusually large camera in his hands.
 
“SMILE!” The boy yelled. Ichigo made for the door but it was too late, the flash blinded him as he fell back into his chair.
 
“Holy cricket, Colin! I think you blinded `im!” another boy said.
 
“What the hell was that for?!” Ichigo rubbed his eyes and glared angrily at the boy before him. He blinked several times, and it seemed bright green splotches were floating around in the air.
 
“I just wanted to get a good picture. Sorry.” The meek boy said apologetically. Ichigo grumbled and looked around, blinking the spots away. Rukia smirked, laughing evilly.
 
“Shut up, would you!” He said, crossing his arms as he sat back in his seat as the carriage began to move. The carriage rocked and stumbled along ungracefully. It sent them off their seats a couple of times, Ichigo hitting his head on wall behind him.
 
“So what's with those horses?” He asked, rubbing the back of his head subconsciously.
 
The boy with the camera frowned. “What horses?”
 
“The horses that are pulling this damned cart.” Ichigo replied sourly. The Hogwarts students shifted uncomfortably. Ichigo raised an eyebrow. What is WRONG with these kids?
 
“Ahem,” the boy with the Irish accent coughed to end the awkward conversation. “Well, anyway, who are you guys?”
 
Ichigo rolled his eyes. “That seems to be the most popular question today.”
 
“Of course our new friends want to know our names.” Rukia said, faking enthusiasm. “ Silly Ichigo. My name is Rukia Kuchiki and we're transfer students from Japan. My funny friend over here is Ichigo Kurosaki. Pleased to meet you.”
 
The Hogwarts students were apparently fooled by her shining smile and all introduced themselves. They were Seamus Finnigan, Colin Creevy, and Neville Longbottom. A bunch of strange names they had. To Ichigo they seemed to be a group of backward goofs. He attempted to ignore the discreet stares he was receiving from them. Rukia seemed to enjoy his suffering.
 
They finally arrived at the school and all filed out of the cart while Ichigo and Rukia followed the other students up a long series of steps up to the front doors where they were greeted by a man in black who distinctly frowned upon them.
 
“I suppose you two are the transfer students I've been waiting for.” He said in a creepy monotone drawl.
 
“It would seem that way.” Ichigo shot back sourly.
 
The frown on the man's face deepened. “Longbottom, Finnigan, Creevy. Inside. Your companions will follow shortly. I predict there are more of you.”
 
Rukia nodded, elbowing Ichigo in the side before he could say anything back. “There are more of us. A couple I think.”
 
“Wonderful.”
 
“I'm glad you share our happiness.” Ichigo replied, earning another stomp on his foot from Rukia. He cringed in pain, shifting uncomfortably before regaining his cool composure.
 
Just then, an unusual happy Chiaki hopped out of a cart, bounding over. “Hi you guys!” she said smiling. A few Hogwarts students that she had ridden on the cart with came out, avoiding Chiaki as they climbed the steps.
 
The professor sneered at her perky attitude. Soon after, Byakuya valiantly climbed out of a carriage, and swept majestically until he reached the professor. Byakuya locked on him with his steely gaze before brushing past him and into the castle before giving the professor time to speak. Several students followed after him like loyal dogs, laughing giddily. Rukia chuckled under her breath, seeing that most of them were female students.
 
“So…” Ichigo began. “Why are we here exactly? It's sort of cold, so I'd like to go inside.”
 
“Obviously I am gathering all the transfer students so they can be properly sorted.” The professor remarked.
 
“Sorted?” Ichigo asked, raising an eyebrow. The image that came to his mind was someone shuffling cards.
 
“Yes.” The professor said. “You will be sorted into houses depending on which one you will perform best in.” Chiaki seemed to like to hear that and she laughed triumphantly.
 
“What do you mean houses? We'll be living in…houses?”
 
“No you imbecile. You will have dorms that you will stay in.”
 
Ichigo growled. “Do you normally greet students like this or is it just me?”
 
“I greet everyone in this sort of manner.”
 
“Even your boss?”
 
The professor ceased to answer any of Ichigo's questions and just stared blankly as more of the undercover Shinigami crowded around. Ichigo didn't see any really familiar faces in the group. The professor coughed to get everyone's attention. “ Good evening, students. You are now entering Hogwarts and you each will be sorted into one of four houses. You will earn or take away points from your house depending on your behavior and triumphs as well as your transgressions.”
 
`How interesting…' Ichigo thought sarcastically.
 
“Now come with me and I will take you to the Great Hall.” The professor said in the same bored and slow voice. “That is where you will be sorted.” At this he sent an extra glare at Ichigo who scowled back. The professor then turned and headed into the castle, the Shinigami following after him. Then they entered through some big heavy wooden doors into the “Great Hall.”
 
“Ooh, Ichigo look!” Chiaki said, pointing up. “The ceiling…it looks like the sky!” Indeed it did. The ceiling was the night sky, white stars twinkling out from behind the swirly dark clouds. There were four long tables, at which were seated most of the students. All of their eyes were locked on Ichigo's group that stopped before a table where the teachers sat, or so Ichigo supposed. Seeing as Byakuya was seated very uncomfortably at the end next a very immense man. As if the man's presence had soiled Byakuya's greatness. What a pretty boy he was.
 
An elderly man with a with an unusual long beard and hair that cascaded over his shoulders, sat at the center of the table, his seat was the highest so Ichigo guessed him to be something like a principal. The old man quieted the hall with a wave of his hand. Ichigo saw a woman dressed in green, holding large scroll and a hat next to a stool. The woman dropped the hat upon the stool and Ichigo watched the seam of the brim of the hat rip as it began to sing. Ichigo cringed and covered his ears, and saw Rukia do the same reluctantly.
 
Through his fingers, Ichigo heard some of the other Shinigami chuckle under their breaths. It must be painful to be mature and serious around people with singing hats and useless magic as their curriculum. Three whole and tormenting minutes later, the hat had stopped its ridiculous song. It was now safe to remove his hands from his ears.
 
“Welcome to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The sorting shall now begin. Now, when I call your name, you will step up and sit on the stool. When I place this hat on you head, you will be sorted into your houses.”
 
Ichigo was sort of afraid of this, sitting before a whole lot of people with a filthy hat upon your head was enough to make him recoil in disgust. The woman unrolled the large piece of parchment and called out in a voice similar to that of a crow's, a student's name. Ichigo guessed they were to call the of the kids who were just entering the wizard school then the “transfer students.” His stomach growled menacing.
 
Finally, when all the younger kids had been sorted into their houses, the woman called a Shinigami's name. “AIZAWA, REIKO!” One of shorter, female soul reapers recognized her name and walked up to be sorted into her house which was to put the ugly hat on your head. So far, Ichigo collected that the four houses were Griffindor, Ravenclaw, Slytherin and something with an `H'. He tuned out for a while until he heard Rukia's name.
 
“KUCHIKI, RUKIA!” Ichigo watched his small companion stalk unhappily up to the stool with all eyes on her. She winced at the hat was set upon her head and about thirty seconds later the hat screamed, “GRRRRIFFFINDOOORRR!” This time Ichigo was sure his ears felt physical pain. Rukia trudged over to the Griffindor table as people greeted her with cheers and claps on the back. As good-natured as that was, Ichigo supposed that Rukia was very uncomfortable around them. Being the type that doesn't like attention.
 
Ichigo practically jumped at the sound of his name. “KUROSAKI, ICHIGO!” He scowled, obviously the woman didn't know that the first “I” in Ichigo was supposed to be pronounced as an “E”. He stomped angrily over to the stool, gaining more stares from the seated students and a bit of odd looks from the Shinigami. Ichigo felt the hat touch his head and inside he screamed, `NOOOOOOOOOOO!' He was surprised at a whisper in his ear.
 
“Hello, I know what you're thinking.”
 
`How can a Hat talk to me?!' Ichigo thought.
 
“A magic hat.”
 
Ichigo rolled his eyes, `Just get this over with.'
 
The hat says, “You've done many brave things in the past. You aren't stupid, I'll give you that. But I know that your soul isn't that of a normal human's.”
 
`Naw, you think?' Ichigo retorted.
 
“Slytherin would be a great place for you…” it drawled. Ichigo glanced at the house table the hat mentioned, seeing the albino, Draco sitting there, staring intently at him.
 
`That wouldn't be the greatest idea.'
 
“I suppose. I think you will also do good in Griffindor.”
 
`It doesn't make much of a difference to me.' Ichigo thought.
 
“All right then. GGRRRRIFFINNNDOOOORRRR!” the hat screamed.
 
The last thing Ichigo thought to the hat before the hat was removed was, `Don't say it so loud. You're going to make me go deaf.' Ichigo stood from the stool and stomped over, squeezing himself between Rukia and some other kid.
 
“What took you so long?” she asked.
 
“I didn't like the hat's attitude. Or the place it was going to put me.” He replied angrily. Several of their female peers seized the chance to gab some more at Ichigo's remark. He rolled his eyes and growled frustratedly. Ichigo really hated it here. Ichigo rested his head in his hands, listening to his stomach complain about being hungry. He wanted to eat. So badly.
 
Then he sat up when he heard Chiaki's name being called. “TAKAMURA, CHIAKI!” Chiaki literally skipped up to the stool, hopping on top of the stool. Ten seconds went by before the hat shouted…
 
 
=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=
 
Renji sighed as he went through some more paperwork. At this time there was no speck of life in his office, but he still rejoiced at the thought that he was no longer fixed on with a critical gaze. If only Byakuya was away on more days like this. It was unusually silent, and his hand cramped from writing so much. Since the captain was gone, Renji had to prepare more reports than usual, for when Byakuya was around they'd spilt the work so that Renji only had three quarters of it to do. Come to think of it, that was unfair anyway. He might as well have had done all of it.
 
Grumpily, he threw his ink brush staring down at the other pile of paperwork that needed to be done. Everything was quiet and there hadn't been so many reports of hollows as there used to be, leaving this vice captain alone and bored out of his mind. He sighed and took a drink of tea, which was way too watery for his liking. That subordinate who made this did not know anything of flavoring. Typical. Outside, a bird tweeted happily. How Renji longed to be that bird. He felt like a small child kept inside with his schoolwork on a hot summer day where he could be hanging out with his friends or in his case, killing hollows.
 
`BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!' His Denrei Shinki beeped frantically. He picked it up, looking intently at the screen seeing the coordinates of the location where Menos Grande would appear. Some place in Europe, he guessed. How the hell would he get there within five minutes?!
 
The portals that he usually used to get around were the only way he'd get there within ten minutes at the least. Renji stood, grabbing his Zanpaku-to and slashed the air before him. There appeared large gates and he opened one and stepped through.
 
=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=
 
“SLYTHERIN!” the hat shrieked and Ichigo's jaw dropped. The hall went silent, since no one was expecting the decision. Chiaki stood up, seeming to be completely confident as she walked over to the Slytherin table.
 
“Holy shit.” He mumbled. “I thought that was the “evil” table.” He heard snickers from his peers. Ichigo was somewhat confused on how someone like Chiaki would get into Slytherin… of course there was the fact that she purposefully scared a lot of students, but still. He observed that most of the Shinigami had ended up in Ravenclaw or Griffindor, which was a real surprise. A few moments passed before all the students were “sorted.”
 
Then the elderly man stood and quieted the hall before he spoke. “Hello my students and welcome to another wonderful year at Hogwarts. As you can see we have quite a few transfer students from Japan. From what we've heard, they have a program from exceptional students to study abroad. Please welcome them happily and try to learn from each other.” Ichigo rolled his eyes. There was nothing he needed to learn from these nuts.
 
“As for the rules here for you new students, the Forbidden Forest is off limits to all students unless accompanied —” The ceiling suddenly crashed in, students screamed in fright as the stones fell down upon them, shattering into the tables. The windows unexpectedly broke and shattered at each side of the hall, sending glass onto the students. Through one of the broken windows, Ichigo caught the familiar sight of the face of Menos Grande, the largest of all hollows.
 
He glanced at Rukia who nodded nervously as they both jumped up. Rukia pulled out her skull glove from her inside pocket, and tugged it on. She slammed her hand into Ichigo's face, his body falling to the floor and his Shinigami form standing above it. Ichigo whipped out Zangetsu and leapt into action. He saw Byakuya swallow something before leaving his gigai behind and getting to the hollow first. Several other Shinigami did the same.
 
Then out of nowhere someone falls from the sky, crashing into Ichigo as they crashed into the floor. “God dammit! I've got to work on my landings…” a familiar voice said angrily.
 
Ichigo looked up and yelled, “It's YOU!”
 
Yes everyone, it's the redhead we all love and hate! Renji Abarai who stood up and finally noticed Ichigo. “Oh,” he mumbled, “It's the berry-headed rookie.”
 
“BERRY-HEADED!?” Ichigo growled. “YOU'RE ONE TO BE TALKING FREAKY-BROWS!”
 
“SHUT UP!” Renji yelled back, but he finally caught notice of all the stares he was getting and silenced himself.
 
Ichigo snapped out of his temporary daze and attacked the Menos, slashing down with his Zangetsu. Renji attacked also, using his *Ban Kai. This provided lots of flashy lights and stopped the hollow only for a second and Renji was swatted away. Ichigo couldn't let Renji show off his Ban Kai before him, so he used his Ban Kai. His sword turned into a black blade and then he used his attack called, `Heavenly Chain Cuts the Moon.'
 
Smoke flew everywhere as a beam of black energy sliced at Menos Grande, throwing the hollow back. Ichigo frowned when he saw Byakuya use his Ban Kai, a thousand swords appearing in the air as they darted at Menos, piercing the black flesh as Menos screamed in agony.
 
`Grr…what a showoff.' Ichigo growled in his mind. Menos Grande crashed back into on of the Great Hall's walls, the stone crumbling under its weight. Students screamed and scrambled away, the teachers however, remained at the scene, trying to cast spells upon the hollow with no effect.
 
“STAY AWAY YOU IDIOTS!” Ichigo screamed. “YOU'LL GET KILLED!” Ichigo barely dodged a blow from the hollow, its fist crushed a table, splitting it completely in half. Ichigo does another Heavenly Chain Cuts the Moon Ban Kai attack, sending it back into the enormous crack in the sky. Ichigo did a victory sign and yelled, “Shori!”
 
Renji snorted as he said in Japanese, “Victory my ass. You still didn't kill him!”
 
“Can you kill it?” Rukia also said in Japanese as she dragged Ichigo's body over to them.
 
“You should've sat back and let me handle it.” Byakuya muttered, dusting off his robes.
 
Ichigo growled, “Like Hell I'd let you show off! Besides, I've already defeated Menos once.”
 
“That was probably a fluke! You only gave it a scar anyways so really it doesn't count.” Renji retorted.
 
They had bickered so much, they didn't realize the headmaster was standing right next to them, listening to their conversation intently though probably not understanding what they were saying.
 
Renji finally noticed and glared , “What do you want, old man?!” Obviously the headmaster didn't understand him since Renji was still speaking in Japanese.
 
“He said, `What do you want old man?!'” Ichigo supplied smugly in English.
 
“Why, I am Albus Dumbledore, the Headmaster of this school and if you're going to intrude I would say do it quietly next time.”
 
Ichigo translated this to Renji who replied, “YOU UNGRATEFUL OLD FOOL! I SAVED YOUR LIFE!”
 
Ichigo said this the professor, but stopped himself. “YOU LOSER! I'M THE ONE WHO CHASED MENOS! YOU HARDLY DID SHIT!”
 
“It's not my fault you jump at every chance to show off your `amazing' powers.” Renji answered, using his fingers to do the quote sign.
 
Byakuya coughed and said in Japanese, “Obviously you have no respect. Renji as your captain I suggest you to be quiet.”
 
Ichigo grumbled something close to “stupid son of a pretty boy bitch….”
 
And then the monotone professor from earlier stalked up, “Kurosaki, I advise you to explain yourself and why your body is lying on the floor while you stand here before me.”
 
Ichigo froze, “Rukia, do you have the Kioku Chikan?!” he said in alarm. Rukia nodded and pulled out the memory eraser disguised as a lighter. “You will forget everything you have just witnessed!” Ichigo said in a very Men In Black way.
 
Byakuya sighed and said in Japanese, “Do you think you will be able to use that on ALL the people in this castle?”
 
Ichigo coughed, “Maybe not but let's erase the memory of all the important people.”
 
“Wrong.” Byakuya said. “We just make up an excuse.”
 
Rukia says, “It could work. But what do we do about Wonder-brow? He isn't enrolled as a student.”
 
“He can go back and crawl into the dark and slimy hole he came from, judging that he had been sleeping at his desk…there's a drool stain on his chin.” Byakuya glared at the undisciplined ways of his inferior. Renji hurriedly wiped his chin in panic. Ichigo smirked and laughed under his breath evilly.
 
Byakuya rolled his eyes and said something along the lines of “immature subordinates.” Then he turned to the headmaster. “I apologize for the overactive imagination of Kurosaki. He could never wipe someone's memory. Where we come from, we've been trained to fight monsters such as the one that had appeared at dinner this evening.”
 
Dumbledore nodded, “Well, how do explain Mr. Kurosaki's cadaver lying on the ground?”
 
Rukia spoke up, “It's a special charm to where we leave our physical bodies to use our spiritual powers to defeat these monsters.”
 
`Good thing she's good at lying.' Ichigo thought.
 
The headmaster seemed to take that as an acceptable answer. “But how do you explain the appearance of our red-headed friend here?”
 
“It's a form of mass-transit. We use it all the time where we come from.” Rukia said happily.
 
The monotone professor coughed. “Why do not spells work on this creature?”
 
“Like I said before, it only responds to spiritual powers.” Rukia replied.
 
“How…interesting.” The professor drawled.
 
“What I want to know is will it appear again or not?” Dumbledore said calmly.
 
Byakuya said in a very businesslike manner, “We are not sure. The high concentrated amount of spiritual and magical powers may attract it again but that isn't a worry. It is very unlikely.” Ichigo and the others nodded in agreement. Ichigo looked around, seeing that the Hogwarts students had gathered around, eavesdropping along with the other professors. The other Shinigami stood quite still, also listening in.
 
“I have never heard or seen of one of these monsters in my life. I can't help but be suspicious.” The headmaster said quietly, looking at his staff. “We all obviously are. As I know that a similar incident had occurred on the Hogwarts Express this afternoon.”
 
At this Byakuya glared at Ichigo who was still unable to control his spiritual powers. Ichigo shifted nervously, “I guess that would be my fault?”
 
“How so?”
 
Byakuya stated, “Well this imbecile, unlike the rest of our students doesn't exactly know how to control his powers, there so, attracted the creatures. His powers infuse with many of the students he had come in contact with, spreading his spiritual essence and magnetized more than the usual amount. Which would be at most one of them.”
 
“Tell me something I don't know.” Ichigo growled.
 
“So you mean that he has more spiritual energy than all of our students?” the monotone professor stated unhappily.
 
“I would rather converse about this subject somewhere private.” Byakuya replied coolly. “I'll leave you with this, most of your students have incredibly low spiritual energy compared to Kurosaki, which is probably why you never attracted the monster before.” Dumbledore seemed to understand perfectly though the monotone teacher looked at Ichigo in distaste.
 
With that, Byakuya turned and looked at the rest of the Shinigami who were climbing back into their gigai. “Why are you just standing there? Go do something with yourselves. And you…”
 
Renji flinched. “Yeah?”
 
“Why are you here?” Byakuya demanded.
 
“Well I heard Menos appeared so that was my first initial reaction.” Renji responded.
 
Byakuya hit Renji upside the head; “You almost blew our cover. We wouldn't have to make up an excuse for you if you had never came.”
 
“Sorry Fukutaichou.” Renji mumbled. Ichigo chuckled snobbishly as he climbed back into his own body with all the students watched. Suddenly, a storm of screaming fans ran over to him, crowding around, exclaiming on how that was so “awesome” and “courageous.” Ichigo pushed his way through, cringing at the breech of his personal space.
 
“RUKIA! HELP ME OUT HERE!” He yelled, trying to escape the claws of death.
 
“No can do!” she yelled. “It looks a bit dangerous!”
 
~~~ END CHAPTER ~~~
 
A/n: This was a very difficult chapter to write since we had a bit of writer's block standing in our way. But anyways I hoped you enjoyed this chapter of Behind Enemy Lines.