Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Mixed Magic Remake ❯ Assignment ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Mixed Magic

Chapter One

~Selene Serenity~

Disclaimer: I don't own Cardcaptor Sakura or Harry Potter. They are property of Clamp (CCS) and J.K. Rowling (HP). Please do not copy or steal this fanfic or any of the original characters.

Author's Notes: Hello everyone! As some as you may have read in my ff.net profile, I am rewriting Mixed Magic. I recently went back and read the original and pretty much all I could say was 'Blah.' The idea was good, but it was an earlier work, so it wasn't written very well. So here I am rewriting it, adding details, checking grammar (maybe…where's Testament when I need him?), not to mention there will be loads of things that weren't in the original, so if you've read this already, you should read this version because in many ways it's different. As for when this fanfic takes place, I'd say it takes place after the fourth book. That should work out. So please, sit back, relax, and enjoy Mixed Magic.

*** Means change of scene

~*~*~* Means flashback/end flashback

~Chapter One~

"Harry! Ron!" Hermione Granger called as she ran down one of the many halls of Hogwarts to reach her two best friends.

"What is it, Hermione?" Harry inquired when Hermione had caught up.

"Did you hear?" Hermione asked breathlessly.

"Hear what?" Ron wondered.

"About the new exchange students. It's the first time Hogwarts has ever accepted exchange students. They're coming from a wizarding school in Japan!" Hermione explained.

"Oh yeah," Harry replied. "I remember hearing something about them."

"But it's strange," Hermione sighed. "I've never heard of a wizarding school in Japan."

"Well, Hermione, it is possible that you don't know everything." Ron smirked.

"Well at least I know more than you do," Hermione retorted.

"Would you two quit it?" Harry rolled his eyes. His two friends quickly quieted down. "Now, Hermione, do you know when they're coming?" He asked.

"Tomorrow."

***

"Tomorrow."

"What!?" Touya exclaimed.

"I'm leaving tomorrow," Sakura repeated, slower this time.

"You're telling me this guy asked you to come up to his weirdo school and you just up and agreed to go without a second thought!?"

"Well…yeah."

"And then you only tell Dad and me about it until the day before!?"

"Actually she told me a couple weeks ago," Fujitaka replied.

Touya's face grew redder by the second. "And why didn't you feel it necessary to tell me!?" he shouted.

"Because I knew you'd bug me about it until the second I left!" Sakura shouted right back at him.

"But how do you know this isn't just a trap and someone's going to try and hurt you?" Touya wondered.

"I trust Dumbledore," Sakura stated simply. "And don't worry, Yue and Kero are coming too."

"Fine, fine. Go, I don't care," Touya sighed with exasperation and went off to his room.

"Touya…" Sakura bit her lip.

"Don't worry about him." Fujitaka patted Sakura's shoulder. "He just worries about you a lot."

"I know."

"Now, why don't you go upstairs and finish packing?"

"Okay." Sakura nodded and went upstairs to her room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sakura sat at her desk beginning a letter to Ms. Mizuki, Eriol, Nakuru and Spinal Sun when she heard a faint scratching noise. "Kero? Is that you?"

Nothing.

"Kero?" Sakura got out of her chair and walked over to Kero's drawer. 'Hm. He's not here. He must be downstairs eating,' she thought.

Again she heard the noise. 'Then what's making that noise?' She looked at the window where the sound seemed to be coming from. Sitting on the ledge of the window was an owl. It starred curiously at Sakura and hooted a bit as she came closer to the window.

As Sakura neared, she spotted a piece of parchment tied to the owl's leg. She then reached the window and opened it. Instead of flying away, as Sakura expected it would, the owl flew into the room and perched itself on Sakura's lamp. Sakura walked to the owl and untied the parchment to see it was a letter addressed to her. "What is this?" She blinked and opened the letter.

Dear Miss. Kinomoto,

I know you must be a bit confused right now from this letter, but my name is Dumbledore and I am in need of your service. I am the headmaster at Hogwarts, school of witchcraft and wizardry. There have been strange things occurring in our school, stranger than usual. A new magic has seemed to appear, different than the magic that is taught here. I believe you may be able to help me with the problems going on in the school, and I would appreciate it if you would come to Hogwarts to meet with me. If you agree, simply write so at the bottom of this letter and tie it back to the owl that brought it here. They will bring it back to me and I will send someone to come meet you and bring you here tomorrow at midnight. Thank you in advance,

Albus Dumbledore

Headmaster

Sakura sat on her bed and reread the letter a few times before decided she would at least go meet with him. She jotted down a quick reply then tied the letter back on the owl, which as soon as she did so flew away.

***

The next night Sakura, Yue and Kero stood out on the lawn. "Sakura, this is really reckless. I mean did you even think of what this could be. It could be a trap!" Kero scolded.

"I know, Kero, I know. But I really don't this Dumbledore guy is all that bad." Sakura replied.

"But how do you know that!?" Kero exploded.

"I don't know Kero!" Sakura shouted.

"I think our guide is here." Yue stated and pointed up.

Sakura and Kero looked up into the sky and saw a woman wearing lots of flowing robes, sitting on a flying broomstick. The woman began to descend and soon was standing in front of Sakura, Yue and Kero, her broomstick in hand.

"Are you Sakura Kinomoto?" She inquired.

"Yes," Sakura said, nodding.

"And who are they?" She pointed at Yue and Kero.

"This is Yue, and Kero."

"Dumbledore is only expecting you."

"Hey! She don't go anywhere without us!" Kero growled.

"He's right. If they can't come, I won't go." Sakura nodded.

The woman gave a sigh. "Alright. Let's go."

Sakura took out her key and used the fly card as Kero changed to his true form. Then all of them flew off, following their guide.

***

A few hours later they had reached the large castle. Sakura looked at it with awe. "Is this…Hogwarts?" She asked.

"Yes." The guide nodded.

"It's amazing…"

"Isn't it?" The guide sighed dreamily. "Now, follow me inside…"

***

Sakura, Yue, and Kero were led inside the castle and up to a statue in one of the hallways. Their guide said something to it; Sakura hadn't quite caught what it was. Suddenly the statue moved to the side, revealing a spiral staircase. "This way," The guide said as she walked to the stairs.

Once on the stairs, they themselves did not move, but the stairs moved by themselves, going up to the top. "Wow!" Sakura gasped with delight. "This is amazing! Don't you think, Kero?"

"I suppose. It is kind of interesting. It's definitely magic, but it's much different than yours or mine. What do you think, Yue?" Kero looked over at the other guardian who merely shrugged.

Before they knew it they were at the top of the stairs, facing another door. The guide knocked on the door and from within, a voice called, "Come in."

The guide opened the door and the four of them walked in. "Thank you for bringing them here, Minerva," An older man, with a long white beard, robes, and a pointed hat said from a desk at the other end of the room, which seemed to be an office.

"It was no problem," She replied and left the room.

"Hello, I am Professor Dumbledore, and you must be Miss. Kinomoto." The man stood up and walked closer to them.

"Yes," Sakura gave a greeting bow and came back up. "Oh! And these are my guardians Yue and Kero." She motioned at the two next to her. "I hope you don't mind them coming."

"Oh not at all. Actually I was expecting them to come." He smiled. "It's been a while since I last saw them."

"What?" Kero shouted. "How do you know us?"

"I knew your first master, Clow Reed."

"You knew Clow!?"

"Yes, Clow and I were good friends." Dumbledore nodded. "Now, to explain about our problem."

"Right," Sakura agreed.

"Well, our school is rather known for strange occurrences, as are the other wizarding schools, but recent occurrences have been stranger than usual. The magic is different from what we know and teach here. I remembered a similar magic though, from Clow Reed. Then I remembered Clow saying something about an heir and I pulled some strings to find you."

"Clow?" Sakura blinked. "You don't think he left another test for me do you?" She looked to Yue and Kero.

"I don't know. I suppose it's a possibility," Kero replied.

"With Clow, anything is a possibility, Cerberus," Yue pointed out.

"Great…" Sakura sighed. "Well, what should I do about it?" She wondered.

"In a few weeks, this school will be opening again, and I would like you to attend. Your guardians are also welcomed of course. You could pose as a regular student and if any problems arise, you'd be able to help," Dumbledore suggested. "Would that be all right?"

"I think so…I could say I'm going to an exchange school maybe…I just have to check with my dad of course."

"All right, Then I'll get everything set up and you'll receive an owl with instructions soon," he told Sakura. "Thank you so much."

"No problem," she smiled. "I'll see you in a few weeks then?"

"Yes," he nodded.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sakura placed the last of her things in her large trunk and locked it shut. 'All right,' she thought and took a deep breath. 'I'm ready.' She pulled out the float card and used it on her luggage so it floated in the air behind her as she walked to the door.

Author's Notes: Well the first chapter's done. I'm very proud of it, too. I'm doing my very best to put a little more depth in this remake, so I hope it worked. Well, please review!