Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ The Young and the Hopeless ❯ First Day of School ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The next day Daniel woke up with the ring of his alarm clock. He bashed his hand on the alarm so it would stop ringing. He stood up and stretched. Today was his first day of High School. He threw on some clothes and went out into the kitchen to make some toast. Soon, he was ready to go to school. His dad drove him because he had to go to work. He dropped Daniel off at Stanley Humphries Secondary School.

"OK see ya dad!" Daniel said jumping out of their grey truck and walking into the crowded hallways. Within about 10 seconds he was completely lost. Soon though, he heard a familiar voice calling out to him.

"DANIEL WAIT!!" It screamed. Daniel turned around to see Jeremy pushing through people. *I wonder how long it will take till he gets beat up.* Daniel thought to himself. Soon Jeremy reached his friend, and was breathing heavily cause he was out of air. "Where are we supposta go?" Jeremy asked.

"I dunno." Daniel said, shrugging. They wandered around aimlessly until they found the office. They went in and Daniel saw a secretary sitting at a desk typing away at a computer. "Excuse me…" Daniel said. She ignored him. "Umm… Excuse me, do you know where the grade 9 french immersion classroom is?" The woman continually ignored Daniel's questions. Jeremy pushed him aside.

"Watch a pro man." Jeremy said, stepping up. "YO LADY, WE WANNA GET TO THE GRADE 9 FRENCH IMMERSION CLASS, SO STOP TYPING NOTES TO YOUR SECRET INTERNET LOVER THAT YOU'RE CHEATING ON YOUR HUSBAND WITH, AND GET TO WORK!!" At this the lady immediately stopped and looked at them. Daniel smiled meekly as Jeremy stood there.

"Down the hall, go down a set of stairs and you'll be in the basement, then go to room 69. That's the French Immersion classroom." The secretary responded.

"Thank you." Jeremy said as they walked out of the office, he walked proudly down the hallway.

"You know I wanted to go at least a week without causing trouble…" Daniel said. Jeremy shrugged and they soon found themselves at the top of a staircase.

"You'll get used to it." Jeremy replied. "Well let's go down." So they went down the stairs and soon found room 69. The door was closed and they could hear their friends and peers yelling and talking. "Some things never change." Jeremy said swinging open the door. He saw Shokufeh, along with Sarah Waseem and Sarah Macpherson sitting on top of desks talking about things they talk about. Nicole was actually sitting in a desk, while Jessica Stach, Daniel's girlfriend who didn't want any body outside of the class to know was sitting across from Nicole as they talked. Then there was Anna, who of course was reading in a desk near the back. Daniel and Jeremy walked passed Sarah Mac, Shokufeh, and Sarah W to find a seat.

"Yeah." Sarah Mac said. "Im thinking of having a Back to School party on Friday."

"You're right." Daniel said. "Some things NEVER change." Soon, Jeremy found a seat by the window and threw his backpack down and sat down. Daniel noted that there wasn't any other seats around that were free. Jeremy tapped Jonah, who was sitting in front of him on the shoulder and he turned around.

"Jonah get out now." Jeremy demanded.

"NO!" Jonah replied. Jeremy thought for a second, then he tapped Jonah again. "WHAT?" He screamed turning around again.

"There's some free snacks by the entrance." Jeremy said. Jonah immediately stood up and ran out of the classroom. Jeremy threw Jonah's back pack and signalled for Daniel to sit down.

"You're mean." Daniel said. "But you do it in a funny way so it's okay." He put down his backpack. Then, he decided to walk over to Jessica. "Hey Baby!"

"Huh?" Jessica said. She turned around. "Oh, you." Then she continued her conversation with Nicole. Daniel went back and sat down.

"Haha." Jeremy said.

"HEY AT LEAST I HAVE A GIRL FRIEND." Daniel said back.

"Well… er… I could, but." Jeremy said. "You call HER a girlfriend?? She pretends she doesn't even know you when we're anywhere public. Remember last year when we all went to see Pirates of the Caribbean together? She made you sit three rows behind her!"

"She made almost half of us sit three rows behind her." Daniel replied.

"That's true, but not the point." Jeremy said. Just then, their teacher walked in.

"Bonjour, Je m'appelle Madame Ivannah Umpalot." She introduced. Immediately, Jeremy burst out laughing. She gave him a look and he immediately stopped. Just then, Jonah pushed open the door.

"There was no free food!" He announced angrily. Jeremy started smirking again.

"Excusez moi, assité sil vous plait." Madame said. Jonah sat down his face turning red with anger. "Mes non, I have une announcement to make before we start zese vonderful day. We have six exchange students from a distant land zat vill be here for ze rest of ze year." She clapped, and in walked two girls. One seemed to be Arwen, and the other had long curly blond hair.

"Hey, I'm Arwen and this is Eowyn." Arwen said. They took a seat near the back.

"Score!" Daniel and Jeremy whispered to each other, giving each other a five. Then walked in two guys.

"I'm Aragorn and this is Legolas." Aragorn introduced. Almost all the girls immediately went ga-ga over Legolas. Except for Feliesha, who had her eyes on Aragorn. They took a seat near Arwen and Eowyn. Then walked in two shorter boys.

"Ello mate. I'm Merry and this is Pippin." They introduced and took a seat near their friends.

"Vell now zat iz settled, let's start ze day!" Madame Umpalot said.