Fan Fiction / D. N. Angel Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Silver Blood ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Silver Blood
 
Note: I don't own anything I write here except settings, made-ups(and you'll know them when you see them), and any and all stupid stunts I make any charrie do. This is just suppose to be a fanfic for DNAngel, but if you know me, you'd know I can't stay to just ONE anime, I need at least twelve…….. But here's it is.
 
Chapter One
 
It was dark on the streets that night, streetlights were blinking on and off, not a single person was out, all were in their homes, sleeping or whatever, save a few.
The place was already surrounded by police cars, yellow tape blocking off most of the entrance, by the time a girl came up, mostly out of breath, but still okay. She was quite beautiful, with her raven black hair that shone like the wings of a raven. Her eyes were the color of blood itself, and glowed mysteriously. She wore a black tank top and a black skirt, her necklace, three crescent moons intersected with a pair of gossamer black wings, resting slightly on it. She sighed and walked up towards the front door. Her sigh got the attention of someone nearby, a cop. It was a man, dark brown hair pale blue eyes. He saw her and sighed, “Not you, Sabrina.”
Sabrina smiled at the cop, “Oh hi, Mickie.”
Mickie looked at her as she walked past him, then followed, “Saber, you know that the chief doesn't like you snooping around at crime scenes.”
“Mickie, I'm a PI, it's my job to snoop. Sides, what Chief Hiwatari don't know,” she ducked under the yellow tape and went in, “Won't hurt `im.”
Mickie sighed and followed Sabrina in. She walked into the living room, where some guys were taking pictures, most of them were police officers, doing it for evidence. Others were talking about it. Lying on the ground was a body in a pool of blood, a black plastic bag over it. Sabrina cringed, then leaned down, “ Damn, bad news for someone. Stats?”
“Name was Himura, Kenshin, but that was an assumed name. Real one was Shinta, no last name. Age was approximately 28, red hair, lavender eyes, 5'2, 106 pounds, wanderer by nature. Approximate time of death was 5:15 last night,” Mickie said, reading off a clipboard.
“A ronin, eh? Wait, where's his sword?” Sabrina asked.
“That's the murder weapon,” he said,” It's at the crime lab, being dusted for fingerprints.”
“Man, done in by his own—” “Ahem.” Sabrina cringed again and turned around, to be face to face with a boy. He had short tidy light blue hair and cold blue eyes. He wore dark blue uniform and looked particularly annoyed. She smiled weakly, “ Um, hi Chief Hiwatari, heh, um, nice day isn't it?”
He glared at her coldly, “Who let you into this crime scene, Nightshade? Also, what are you doing here?”
Sabrina stood up, “I came in of my own accord,. Tricked some of your fine men into letting me in. As for my reason, I'm a PI. This case was given to me by a very special person. They were worried about what had happened here, so they came to the best in town,” she smiled, “Me.”
Satoshi sighed and shook his head, “Nightshade, get out of here. This is a crime scene, and you are NOT a police officer,” his eyes suddenly got softer, “Not anymore at least.”
Sabrina blinked, then turned to leave, angry for some reason, “Fine.”
As she left another of the police officers came over to Mickie, “What's up between her and the Chief?”
Mickie sighed, “Something happened a few years back, and those two have never been the same.”
The police man looked at him, “What? What happened?”
Mickie turned back to the body but not before saying, “ Chief Hiwatari betrayed her.”
 
 
Sabrina sighed, and put her hands in her coat pocket. Lucky she wore it, since here in Hyrius, you never know what going to happen next, whether it's weather-related or everyday life-related.
Hyrius was a large city, with more than 100,000 residents. It was a mostly normal city, with the normal restaurants, like McDonalds, and even a few public libraries. But Hyrius wasn't completely normal. There was the fact that, in addition to it's human residents, it had demons, vampires, half breeds, angels, devils, and the like. Murder was nothing new to it, one happening once a day at least. Also, it was said that Hyrius itself was built atop ancient ruins, magical ones at that, an ancient city it seemed. Also, it always seemed that Hyrius attracted outcasts, outsiders, people who never really belonged anywhere, but seemed to belong there. Maybe that's why Sabrina felt so at home here.
Either way, she made her way to Maguro Place, which was the current town square and hence hot spot for info on anything, from new song releases not yet even recorded to, and this being Sabrina's reason to come here, snitch info. She sighed and looked around, “Lets see, Yuki should be in…….here,” she went into a shabby-looking place. The inside smelled of blood and beer, which just made Sabrina smile. Inside it looked like just another bar, men drinking, talking, throwing little people at dartboards instead of darts. This mostly bored her, until she found who she was looking for.
He was sitting back in his chair up against a wall, feet up on the table. He wore a blue high school uniform and had jet black hair. He looked asleep when Sabrina walked over. She slammed her fist on the table, and startled him awake. He jumped, eyes wide open and looked around, “ What? Where's the fire?”
“It's just me, Yuki,” she said, “You know, your twin sister Sabrina, remember?”
Yuki looked at her, “Oh yeah, Sabs. Yo. What's up?”
“A new case, that's what's up,” Sabrina said, sitting down opposite him, “I-“
Yuki covered her mouth quickly, “Shh, you want the wrong ears to hear ya? Come on,” he got up, his hands in his pocket and walked out of the bar. Sabrina followed right behind.
They went to another place, a restaurant. They got seats and then got some menus.
“Some root beer for me please,” sad Sabrina. Yuki ordered some ice tea. The waitress nodded and left. Sabrina looked at Yuki and leaned over the table, “Now spill. What do you know about a ronin named Himura Kenshin?”
“ Himura, eh?” Yuki said. He leaned back, and looked up at the ceiling, his arms crossed, “hmmm…. From what I heard,” he looked back at her with a slight grin, “Might not be what you're lookin' for, sis.”
“Cut the stupidity, Yuki, “ Sabrina said, “I can't know if it's what I'm looking for unless you tell. You're a snitch, remember? You give me info when I need I, and I need it now.”
Yuki put up his hands, “ Fine, Fine, I'll be a good little birdie and sing,” he took out a large file from inside his coat. He put it on the table, “ here, in there is all you need to know about Kenshin, or Shinta, Himura, past and present. Family, friends, sword style, everything. Oh look, what wonderful timing. Our drinks have arrived.”
The waitress came over and put down their drinks, then smiled and left. Sabrina sighed, took the file, put it in her black bag, then preceded to drink her root beer.