Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Beam me up Goku? ❯ About androids, flying and broken tricorders ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: About androids, flying and broken tricorders
 
“How strange…”
 
Kami was standing on the edge of his lookout, lost in thought. He knew everything and everyone on this planet, but the arrival of those strange girls was something that he had not foreseen.
 
“Kami?” Mr. Popo looked at his old friend
 
“What's wrong? Is it about the androids?”
 
Kami turned around to face Popo. He had a puzzled look on his face, curious but also worried.
 
“Strange things are happening on the Earth, Mr. Popo,” he mumbled absentmindedly. “We knew the androids would arrive to kill son Goku and we recently found out that something has happened to the timeline which caused the androids to be much stronger than Trunks expected.”
 
“Don't worry Kami,” Mr. Popo said, “we just have to keep our spirits high. No matter how strong the androids are, I'm sure Goku will..”
 
“I'm afraid its not the androids we should be worried about”
 
“K-Kami?”
 
“The past 4 years, I felt a new evil even more dangerous than the androids growing deep below the earths surface. Its power increasing everyday”
 
“A new evil?”
 
“Yes, but there is more. The creature might be unlike anything we have ever seen, but at least I did know it was here, unlike…”
 
“Unlike who?”
 
“A few hours ago, two alien girls arrived here on earth only about a mile away from where I first sensed that creature. I can sense they are not very strong, and that they don't intent any harm, but…”
 
“What is it?” the genie pressed on.
 
“I DID NOT KNOW!” the guardian exclaimed in frustration. “I didn't foresee their coming, nor did I even knew about their existence. They just… appeared out of nowhere…”
 
“That could only mean…”
 
“Yes, Mr. Popo. Lara and Susan are from another dimension, and we can only guess… what the consequences of their arrival will be…”
 
In the mean time…
 
“Sorry sis, but I doesn't look like we're going anywhere soon…The only thing I managed to repair so far are the shields and life support so at least we'll have a safe place to spend the night,” Lara said to her sister using her combadge. Susan was trying to reach the city they had found with the only tricorder they managed to salvage out of the debris from the Delta Flyer.
 
“Well, not much luck here either,” the other Uranian answered, her voice sounding a bit worried
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“I think my tricorder just malfunctioned… it was detecting about 15000 life signs but as I was walking towards them…”
 
“Walking? Why didn't you just fly?”
 
“Flying? Oooooh, that's a GREAT idea sis! I'll just hover above these trees for a while so that everyone, no matter how evil and dangerous, can see me, and in the mean time, why don't you go grab a paintbrush and PAINT A BIG BULLS EYE ON MY BACK?”
 
“Alright! Alright! I get it already! Sjeez...”
 
“Anyway, after a few minutes, the life signs were suddenly reduced to only a little more than 14000.. and it just kept dropping until after a hour, there were only about 20 very faint ones left…”
 
“Did you let it fall out of your pocket again?”
 
“I DIDN'T BREAK IT!”
 
“Yeah, I'll bet…” Lara snickered.
 
“Don't you talk to me about breaking stuff!”
 
“Don't yell at me like that! Its not my fault you're a klutz”
 
“I'M A KLUTZ? How about that time you got your hand stuck in the replicator and the Doctor had to use a phaser to..”
 
“Sis?”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Please shut up…”