Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Beam me up Goku? ❯ Horror Hotel, part I ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

First of all, a very important note for all of you that are wondering why Uranians are able to fly, but are absolutely flabbergasted when someone fires a simple ki-beam at them. Do they have some kind of special psychic ability that makes them join the birdies? The answer is no! Uranians actually do use ki to fly, they just don't know it because they have the ability to fly even before they can walk properly so it is to natural for them to actually notice how they do it. The fact that Uranians can't sense powerlevels and don't use ki for anything else but flying (enabling them to reach incredible speeds without having to power up since they don't “waste” any energy on strength) isn't exactly helping either, so please give them a break for being a couple of wimps, they can't help it ;-) (“hey, what are you guys doing with that hypospra…No! No! No! AAAAARRGH!”)
 
Enjoy this chapter everyone, and don't forget to leave behind your opinions! Even if I just get one review, it would really make my day!
 
~*~*~*~
 
Chapter 6: Horror Hotel, part I
 
“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!”
 
After Susan's H.H.M. (Heroic Hairspray Maneuver), both girls were in a state of well… panic. To put it mildly. Forgetting the whole let's-be-careful-and-act-natural plan, they both flew at top speed trough the deserted streets of Ginger town (staying close to the ground, hoping that would make them more difficult to spot) desperately trying to get rid of the monster chasing after them.
 
“WHATAREWEGONNADO?”
 
“I'm thinking! I'm thinking!”
 
“Well, think faster because he's gaining on us!”
 
“Don't be ridiculous, we're Uranians! No one is faster than…”
 
Susan trailed off when she saw the monster slowly closing in on them. It had started firing a stronger version of that strange energy beam out of his hands on the ground just behind him, thrusting himself forward
 
“… EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!”
 
“The Delta Flyer!” Lara suddenly exclaimed.
 
“No offense,” Susan rolled her eyes, “but I really think we have bigger things to worry about, LIKE SAVING OUR LIVES?”
 
“No sis! I managed to fix the shields before we left, remember? If we can make it to the Flyer, maybe we can stay alive until someone saves us!”
 
“I don't think the shields are going to be enough to…”
 
“You don't think I know how to repair the shields?”
 
“HELLO? ANYONE HOME? We are talking about something that destroyed an entire city, plus its population, plus your hair (Lara grumbles a bit) and is able to fly and fire laserbeams with his bare…WHOA!”
 
The creature had fired some sort of energy disk, that only by an inch, missed Susan's hair.
 
“Hey!” she shouted, “Stop trying to destroy our hair, you freak Barber from Hell!”
 
“Your speed is amazing my dear,” it rasped, “but it won't save the two of you from me!”
 
“Susan! He's getting closer!” Lara yelled, stating the obvious.
 
“We have to get to the Flyer! Where is it?”
 
The two Uranians were flying around like mad. Since no one of them remembered which direction they had come from, they decided to use their tricorder to find their way back to the Flyer, which was nowhere to be found! Uh oh…
 
“I'm not picking up anything!” Lara panicked, “It's like someone moved it!”
 
“You said you had hidden it!”
 
“I did!”
 
“Well, apparently you've done a crappy job! Now give me that!”
 
“HEY!”
 
Susan snatched the tricorder out of Lara's hands and started a long-range scan
 
“Ah! There it is… OH NO!”
 
“What is it?”
 
“Its miles away! We'll never make it in time! If that creep can continue to keep thrusting himself forward at that moronic speed, he'll probably catch up with us before we're even halfway there!”
 
“It's getting worse I'm afraid (pant)”
 
“Why?”
 
“We've already (pant) been flying at our absolute top speed for (pant) about 10 minutes… I..don't…think…(pant)”
 
“NO! Stay focused! I have an idea”
 
“Woohoo…”
 
“Look at that building over there!”
 
“ACK! It's that hotel again! We've been flying in circles THE WHOLE TIME? I can't (pant pant) belie…”
 
“When I say `now!', we'll both make a real sudden stop so that he flies past us. When he does, we'll quickly get inside the hotel, and hide there! It looks like it has a lot of rooms, so even if he does somehow sees us enter the building, he'll have a pretty hard time finding us”
 
“And you don't think he'll just blow op the entire thing?”
 
“Something tells me he doesn't really want to destroy us…”
 
“Ahh… he's been just chasing us to say `hello'? Now who's the one making an idiot out of herself here?”
 
“Just think about it peanut brain! If he just wanted to blow everyone up, than why haven't their clothes been transformed into smoking piles of ash, hmmm?”
 
“Well … I'm not sure I want to know…” Lara paused for a minute and sighed. “Alright! We'll stick to your plan, but if it fails and he destroys us, I am SO gonna kill you!”
 
In the mean time, back at Capsule Corporation...
 
“Don't be such a big baby!”
 
“Forget it!”
 
Bulma sighed when her guinea pig tried to make a dash for the door, which she 'accidentally' had locked.
 
“C'mon Yajirobe!” she tried, “I have to test this `transporter' device on SOMEONE to find out what it's for!”
 
Yajirobe facefaulted, for a minute he reminded Bulma of her husband when a vein started throbbing on his forehead.
 
“YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT DOES!?”
 
“Well, the name `transporter' probably means that this thing is used to well… transport things, I just haven't figured out how it works yet…”
 
“Well,” he huffed, “I'm not going to be your...huh? What's this button for?”
 
“No! Don't touch anyth …..AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!”
 
Bulma rushed over to Yajirobe, but he quickly pushed the button before she could stop him. When he did, a strange blue light suddenly engulfed Bulma, and a few seconds later she was gone without a trace.
 
“Eh…Bulma? W…where are you? You can come out now…This is not funny!”
 
~*~*~*~
 
Back at the hotel, the two squabbling sisters managed to find an empty room to hide in. It had not been hard to find one, the clothing scattered throughout the lobby told them that all the people that had checked in, would probably never check out again...
 
“Ack! move over Lara!”
 
“No, you…WHAT IS THAT SMELL?”
 
“I DIDN'T DO IT!”
 
“I still think the closet would have been a much better hiding place”
 
“WHAT? Haven't you ever been to one of Tom Paris' horror movie nights? The monster always looks into the closet first!”
 
“And under a bed is probably the LAST place he would…”
 
“I PANICKED OKAY? Besides that, according to the tricorder, he's on the floor right below this one and the noise of us running around looking for a better place to hide, might aler…”
 
“OWW!”
 
“BE QUIET YOU MORON! You could…hey! Who are you?”
 
Susan suddenly saw the strange blue-haired woman, who had somehow beamed down on top of Lara. It was hard to see because the covers were hanging over the edge of the bed, almost touching the ground and making their hiding place a dark one, but she looked human, and appeared to be in shock. Her pupils had narrowed and she was gritting her teeth and clenching her fists as though she was desperately trying to prevent herself from….
 
“O no! please don't…”
 
“EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKK!”
 
“Great…”
 
“WHATAMIDOINGHEREWHOAREYOUPEOPLEWHYAMIUNDERTHISBE…HMM MFF!”
 
After a few minutes, the two Uranians managed to get Bulma off Lara's back and covered her mouth. It was not a minute to soon..
 
“What was that awful noise?” they heard a familiar voice asking no one in particular, “It came from this floor… maybe they're hiding in one of these rooms”
 
The monster had just finished searching the restaurant and calmly walked up the stairs, entering the third floor and checking every room. They had to be somewhere in this building, he could sense their ki, even though it was so low (especially now they had stopped flying) that he had a lot of trouble pinpointing their exact location. But he would find them eventually, and when he did, he was going to be one step closer to becoming the Perfect Being the good doctor had intended him to be. He had watched them for a while, listening to their “conversations” with his superior Namekian hearing, and when he decided it was time to strike, had been very careful not to kill them.
 
He actually missed that pink-haired alien on purpose, but apparently their hair was some kind of vital organ, judging by her hysterical reaction when he accidentally damaged it while `playing'. He made a mental note to be more careful not to fire any energy blasts near their heads once he had found them, because even though their strength was hardly worth all the trouble, their speed and their psychic abilities where qualities that could prove to be extremely valuable during his quest for perfection. With the strength of android 17 and 18, and the unique qualities of those girls, no one would be able to stop him!
 
~*~*~*~
 
“Look lady,” Susan whispered, “as tempting as it might be, this is not the time to panic”
 
“I don't care how you got here, but there is a monster lurking around somewhere on this floor and we DON'T want him to find us, got it?” Lara added quite rude, earning herself an evil glare from Susan.
 
“We're going to take our hands away, but you have to promise not to scream, or we're all dead, okay?”
 
Bulma nodded, slowly coming back to her senses.
 
“How did you get here?”
 
“Well…” Bulma sighed, still a bit shocked, “me and my friends found a really strange ship in the woods near Ginger town, and when I tried fixing…”
 
“YOU TOOK THE DELTA FLYER!?”
 
Susan first wanted to whack Lara for yelling so loud, but in the corner of her eye she saw a shadow moving and only a split second later, the door flew open and the monster was standing right in front of the very same bed under which the trio was hiding. They could only see it's clawed feet and they very much hoped it stayed that way.
 
“Ahh… Your ki is definitely a lot stronger in this room and if `m not mistaken…you two have even made a friend! He or she will become a part of me as well!”
 
The creature spoke that last part a bit louder, hoping that shocking them would elevate their powerlevel making them easier to find. This hotel used to be the most expensive one of the entire region, and the rooms were quite big and full of useless human furniture making his search very difficult.
 
(“What's ki? And what does he mean with `becoming a part of him'?”) Lara telepathically asked Susan, who was trying to keep Bulma from screaming after that last disturbing announcement.
 
She didn't respond, but just shook her head, knot knowing the answer and not wanting it to know either. Uranians were able to send their thoughts to others when close to them but they only did it when there was ABSOLUTELY no other way of communicating, since it required a lot of energy. And they both knew they would need all the energy that they could get, if they wanted to make it out of there alive…
 
~*~*~*~
 
A/N: O no… things are not looking very good for our heroines and their new friend. While the strange creature is beginning to search trough the closet (“Ha! told you!” “ssssshhh!”), Susan, Lara and Bulma are beginning to wish that they had stayed IN bed, instead of hiding under one. Is this the end for our two favorite Uranians and Vegeta's lil'l sweetheart? (no! stay away from me! Ack! Don't fire that Gallic gun at me! I was only kidding!), and what about the Voyager crew? Do they even know Susan and Lara are missing? And will my A/N's be even cornier in the next chapter? Stay tuned and please don't forget to review!