Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Beam me up Goku? ❯ Horror Hotel, part II ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yup, I found the time to convert another couple of chapters to a MMorg friendly format! Enjoy, and don't forget to review!
 
“Talking”
(“Telepathy”)
 
~*~*~*~
 
Chapter 7: Horror Hotel, part II
 
“I know you're here, you can't hide from me forever! Come out now, and I might make it fast”
 
The three females kept as quiet as possible, resorting to non-verbal communication only. Lara cocked an eyebrow in confusion and turned to Susan.
 
(“Make what fast?”)
 
(“Mom must have dropped you when you were little…”)
 
(“Hey!”)
 
The creature looked everywhere, carefully scanning the area for any movements. Where could they be… Maybe they were hiding behind that door over there…
 
“Look!” Bulma whispered, “He's heading for the bathroom!”
 
“Alright you guys,” Susan whispered back, “on the count of three we'll crawl out from under this bed as quiet as we can and sneak out! We'll hide in a room that he already went trough, he'll never expect us to…”
 
Susan was cut off by a beeping sound, followed by a voice coming from Lara's combadge.
 
Hello? Hello? Is anyone hearing this?”
 
“ACK! Turn it of! Turn it of!”
 
“I'm trying! I'm trying! It's malfunctioning! It must've been damaged when SOMEONE crashed on top of me!”
 
“Give it to me,” Bulma urged “maybe I can…”
 
Suddenly, they heard someone chuckling.
 
“Well, well, well! What do we have here?”
 
The creature lifted the bed and send it crashing into a wall, exposing the three females. The entire floor was covered with sheets, pillows and feathers that had once been a part of the deluxe mattress. He slowly walked towards them, raising his tail.
 
Hello? Is this thing on? Can anyone….”
 
“IEHIEHIEHIIIEEEHHEIIEEEEIIIIIIEEEEEEHHHIIIIEEEEE!”
 
“Bulma? Is that you? That kid of yours is crying again! You cant just leave and…”
 
A bit annoyed, the monster snatched both their combadges, crushing them with his bare hands. This was going to be the end, Susan felt it. There was absolutely now way they could ever…What the? She suddenly heard Lara talking in her head. It was very faint, almost like a whisper. She was probably scared the monster would somehow notice her telepathic actions but Susan could still hear her. Her sister had a plan! It was the oldest and most stupid trick in the book, but they had to try it. Maybe… just maybe…
 
“Now,” the monster chuckled, “if there are no more interruptions…”
 
“LOOK BEHIND YOU!!!”
 
The monster sweatdropped, but quickly started laughing.
 
“Silly girl, you didn't actually believed that I would have fallen for that old…WHAT THE HELL?”
 
While the monster was distracted by Susan, Lara had managed to swiftly grab the covers of the bed and threw them over their attacker, blinding him for exactly 2 seconds (before he incinerated the entire thing) but that was enough for Susan to grab Bulma and make a run for it.
 
“Nice move sis!” Susan grinned.
 
“Thanks!”
 
“But I do have one small question…WHY DIDN'T WE JUST FLY OUT THE WINDOW!?”
 
“Actually, that was Plan A, but at the last moment, I remembered what you said”
 
Susan frowned.
 
“And what would that be?”
 
“Well… remember when we flew outside? He wasn't fast enough to catch up with us when flying the normal way, until he started firing that weird energybeam on the ground pushing himself forward. And if your theory about him not wanting to blow us op is correct, he won't use that trick of his here, because firing a giant laser on the floor would destroy the hotel and us with it. Therefore, we will be able to stay ahead of him, as long as we don't leave the building!”
 
“Wow… you actually have a brain…”
 
“I'll take that as a compliment”
 
“If I survive this,” Bulma yelled, “Yajirobe is SO going to die!”
 
~*~*~*~
 
In the mean time, things are beginning to get hectic on Voyager. After finding out the disappearance of the two Uranians, Captain Janeway was trying everything she could think of to find them. Susan and Lara tended to be a little... 'mischievous' from time to time, but they never really meant any harm. They would never do something like actually stealing the Flyer instead of 'borrowing it without asking', so she had a really bad feeling about all of this.
 
“Nothing on long-range sensors captain…” Kim sighed, interrupting her musing. “It is as if they have vanished into thin air!”
 
“Its my fault captain…” Tom apologized. “If I had been more careful when I left the Flyer…”
 
“Stop blaming yourself, Tom… they're teenagers! I would have probably needed to activate Voyagers self-destruct sequence to stop them”
 
“Seven of Nine to the bridge!”
 
Captain Janeway tapped her combadge.
 
“What is it, Seven?”
 
“Please report to Astrometrics, I believe there is something here you should see”
 
“On my way… Chakotay, you have the bridge”
 
“Aye, Captain”
 
~*~*~*~
 
The monster was waiting outside near the exit of the hotel but even after 15 minutes, there was still no sign of them. Those girls were a lot more…difficult… than he had expected. He had hoped for them to fly out the window, but instead they apparently had decided to stay inside the building. Argh! If they would just come out in the open for a few seconds, he would be able to fire a ki-blast at them. Not to kill them of course, but with enough power to knock them unconscious so they would not run away, throw things over his head or attack him with cosmetics (his eyes still felt a bit stingy). He had underestimated them during their first encounter, and they had even managed to escape him again in that hotel, but the next time, they wouldn't be so lucky. He had a plan…
 
~*~*~*~
 
“Is he still outside?” Lara asked.
 
Susan took a look at their tricorder, and sighed.
 
“Afraid so, sis…”
 
“We can't stay here forever!” Bulma exclaimed.
 
“Well,” Lara asked a bit annoyed, “you managed to transport yourself here, can't you get us back?”
 
“I didn't `transport' myself!” Bulma fumed. “That idiot Yajirobe…”
 
“Okay, stop! Let's start at the beginning: who are you and how did you get here?”
 
“My name is Bulma and I'm not telling anything until you do!”
 
“WHY YOU…!”
 
“LARA! Behave yourself!” Susan warned her.
 
“HEY! She's the one who stole the Flyer!”
 
“That was your ship?” Bulma asked surprised.
 
Susan sighed.
 
“Yes. I'm Susan and 'bigmouth' over there is called Lara. We're from another dimension and from the future, about 400 years from now…”
 
Susan continued to tell Bulma their story. The scientist listened patiently, her amazement growing every second.
 
“Wow… that's really something…” Bulma said softly, feeling sorry for the two alien girls.
 
“I know…but we don't want to hurt anyone, all we want is to get back to Voyager, preferably in one piece”
 
“Well, our technology might be 400 years `old', but I did manage to fix a few things on your ship. With a little help from you guys I might be able to….EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKK!”
 
The monster was suddenly standing in the hallway, blocking their path. A wicked grin spread across his face.
 
Monster 1: “Good afternoon ladies!”
 
Susan: “YOW!”
 
They turned around, ready to make a mad dash for the stairs but…
 
Monster 2: “Remember me?”
 
Lara: “Wha…”
 
Susan: “How did he…”
 
Trying to find a different way out, they looked out the window, only to spot…
 
Monster 3: “I wouldn't do that if I where you!”
 
Lara: “Whoa….Is anyone else here experiencing dêja-vu?”
 
Susan: “This can't be good…”
 
The creature had somehow `cloned' himself, and copies of him were blocking all the exits! All, but…
 
Susan: “Quick! Over here!”
 
She grabbed Lara and Bulma and rushed into a nearby elevator just before the window-clone and the hallway-clone jumped at them and instead, knocked out each other. Unfortunately, the stairs-clone saw what was happening and was now in hot pursuit.
 
Monster: “I won't let you get away this time!”
 
Bulma: “EEEEEK! close the door! Close the door!”
 
Barely a second before the remaining copy of the monster could pierce his tail into Bulma's neck, the door finally closed with a soft “ping!”. While moving down, music started to play in the elevator and they all agreed that it was the most beautiful thing they had ever heard, until...
 
CLATTER!
 
Bulma: “What was that?”
 
Susan: “Ssssssshhh! Listen…”
 
BOING…RATTLE…CLANG…CRACK…
 
They now heard all kinds of strange noises above their heads, and then suddenly the elevator came to a screeching halt.
 
Lara: “Uhm… I don't know much about 21century elevators, but was that supposed to…”
 
They both froze. A wave of pure negative energy suddenly overwhelmed them, even Lara felt it. It was close…very close… almost as if the creature was right on top of…
 
Bulma: “Guys? What's wrong? Are you alri…”
 
Susan and Lara: “BULMA LOOK OUT!”
 
Bulma: “EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKK!”
 
They both jumped at Bulma, knocking her unconscious but making her, just barely, miss the monsters tail that pierced trough the roof of the elevator. Not even giving them time to recover, the creature came crashing down, shrouded in a veil of smoke and dust.
 
Lara: “W…what is (cough) ha..ppe..ning?”
 
Susan: “(cough) I can't… (cough) see! (cough)”
 
The smoke finally cleared, revealing the 7foot monster in all its horror. For what felt like an eternity, they looked at each other. Nobody moved, no one said anything. The monster eventually got tired of just standing there. He chuckled darkly, and in a flash he was suddenly standing face to face with Lara.
 
“BOO!”
 
The sheer shock was enough to make her faint. Uranians weren't exactly known for their strong nerves, a weakness that obviously worked in the creature's advantage. Also, they had a tendency to panic.
 
A lot...
 
“What the…” Susan gasped when she realized what had happened. “ACK! NOOOOO! LARA! YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME HERE ALONE WITH THAT CREEP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE……”
 
No response. With both her friends passed out, and no way to escape the Elevator of Doom (the hole in the roof wasn't an option, that `thing' would probably kill her if she even thought about it), she had only one option left. Fight him, or..no wait… skip that. She was faster than he was, so landing a nice roundhouse kick to his head wouldn't be much of a problem, but that creature was unlike everything she had ever seen. For example, he just came crashing trough the roof of the elevator and didn't even had a scratch! She seriously doubted if even a photon torpedo could do any damage to this guy. Marvelous…
 
~*~*~*~
 
A/N: And that's why you should always think of a backup plan BEFORE you start to panic, kids! Will Bulma and Lara wake up in time? Will Susan be able to defeat the monster (both the monster and Susan roll their eyes at the authoress)? What's Seven of Nine's big discovery? Find out next time, on DBZ! Tadadadadadadaaaaaa (hmm… I liked the ending tune the first 3000 times, but now it's getting a bit boring)
 
R&R!
 
P.S: The Mary Sue levels might seem a bit high, but I started writing this story a long time ago. I didn't change it, because it's too much fun to poke at it in the later (and better) chapters of this story. You'll see :)