Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Prophecy of Shi ❯ Werewolf and Misty Heaven ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Harry Potter and the Prophecy of Shi.
A Harry Potter Crossover Fan-fiction by Sheya.
Chapter 09
Werewolf and Misty Heaven


For the next few weeks Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Remus went into an intensive Martial Arts training program. Harry, Ron, and Remus learned about the basics with Ranma, while Hermione trained with Shan Pu to bring herself back up to speed. Harry and Ron learned extremely fast because of their youth, the fact that they know that Martial Arts would come in useful in the war and Ranma using pressure points to enhance their muscles ability to learn. Remus learned almost as fast mostly because Ranma used pressure points on him as well, but also because he was a werewolf, and he also pushed himself to his limits and beyond running himself into the ground most days.

Once the guys caught up with Hermione, she was working at a slower pace to let them catch up and also because she knew all that they were learning, they all started learning the true Perfect In All Forms School. About three weeks after they started they had all mastered the art of roof hopping. When Sirius asked why they were gaining such control of their Ki, after all they hadn't had the life he did. Ranma answered that- Harry had been fighting bullies all his life, Hermione had had lessons from a young age, Ron knew nothing but he also had to compete with five older brothers, and Remus had been fighting all his life because of his curse. Ranma also pointed out that his pressure points were making it easier on the group. Sirius pointed out that Ron still hadn't been fighting like Harry and Remus, and Ranma said that that was also a good thing because Ron had less to unlearn.

Kasumi continued her pursuit of Remus, at the end of three weeks it was not unusual to see them jumping and running around town... Remus at point Kasumi in hot pursuit. When asked why she continued chasing him, she replied that it was good training.

As the full moon approached Remus became increasingly more worried that the Amazons had not the facilities to hold a werewolf. Ku Lon addressed him the day before to explain the arrangements to him.

"Remus, I know you are worried about the full moon but you have no need. You will venture into the forest tomorrow afternoon. You are strong enough that none of the animals can hurt you before you transform, and no one in the village who can't protect themselves will leave."

"But what if one of the children does leave?"

"If they are stupid enough to disobey their elders they deserve whatever fate that may come upon them. In addition, if their elders are stupid enough to let the ones to young to listen to them out of sight they will be punished accordingly. We have been doing this for centuries and have never had a problem."

"Fine, I hope you don't eat those words. Oh can Sirius come with me it will be an added precaution?"

"He may but he also has not transformed since he come to us. I have no idea how his dog form will deal with the blindness and I'd really rather he have his first transformation in controlled conditions."

Remus blinked then sat down hard. "I had forgotten he was blind... it's kinda hard to remember when he doesn't act it."

As the next afternoon approached Remus became increasingly nervous, Kasumi started acting as she had in Nerima, and she was spooking Ranma, who was hiding in his girl form behind InuYasha.

"Angela-obachan what is wrong with Kasumi and Ranma?" Harry asked as Remus was leaving.

"Well, in Nerima Kasumi used to act like that. I think that one of the reasons for it was because she had a crush on the local doctor who happened to act weird around her because he was nervous. It might be her natural reaction to people she cares for being nervous. So, right now she is reverting to that because Remus is nervous. Ranma on the other hand is probably having flashbacks to why he left Nerima in the first place, and is expecting to be attacked any second. He is hiding behind InuYasha because he knows that the Hanyou will watch his back and he trusts his friend, he is in girl form because men don't hide behind anyone. He is also worried that Akane will be coming and last time she saw him she took a sword and wounded him, he never could fight her."

"Oh." Harry walked off to explain to his friends.

Kasumi walked into the backyard. "Almost time, I hope this doesn't happen often I hate acting like that."

"Don't worry niichan after tonight he'll be fine." Ranma had finally come out from hiding.

"What do you mean, son?"

"You can't tell? They're soul bonded and it will complete tonight."

"Oh I think... it's that glowing line connecting them. The one I see when I'm not really concentrating on anything?"

"Yoshi, Otosan."

"But why will it complete tonight?" Harry wondered, looking up teaching Ron 'Street Fighter II'.

"Because the wolf will meet Kasumi." Ranma replied.

"But won't he hurt her?" Ron asked.

"No, soul bonded werewolves don't hurt anyone. For some reason a soul bond calms the anger of the werewolf." Hermione looked up from the book she had been reading. "The only times the werewolf laws are lifted is for soul bonded werewolves. But it is extremely rare."

"Yes, but, Kasumi and Remus have bonded and the bond will complete itself tonight when the wolf meets Kasumi."

"And the Remus no longer needs to fear about the Ministry finding out about Kagome and Souta." InuYasha came in from the front yard, with an arm around said girl.

"How come Remus didn't use Wolfsbane Potion?"

"No one here can make it. Kodachi could but she is in England and very busy." Ranma explained.

"Time to go." Kasumi jumped up and ran out the door. She then continued out of the village by jumping over the wall. There were some healing plants that she could only gather on the night of the full moon, and she had to finish before Remus found her.

As she looked for the flower, she was also aware of the bond bringing the wolf closer. When she found the clearing she started gathering what she needed. After she finished, she turned towards a thicket at the edge of the clearing.

"So you've finally come." Kasumi sat down at the edge of the flowers nearest the thicket. "Come out I won't hurt you..."

Out of the thicket came Remus-wolf his head was close to the ground and he watched her with wild eyes.

"Well are you going to sit by me, I'm finished here, we could sit together for a bit."

The wolf came closer wondering why he had no desire to hurt this human, then the wind changed and he caught her scent.... Startled he looked up into her eyes and- something changed, it was immediate and profound, all the wildness, and anger and hatred for humans left in the instant. Afterwards Remus was wondering why he was sitting staring at Kasumi from such an odd angle. Then he remembered what day it was, and fell over in shock.

When he looked up again he saw Kasumi calmly sitting in front of him patting the place beside her.

"I see the bond has completed." Kasumi said. "Come sit by me and I will explain."

He wryly walked over and sat waiting for her to start screaming and running and for the wolf to return.

"You're probably wondering why your wolf side is no longer in control. Well close your eyes and concentrate on your ki..." She paused as he complied." Good, now look at all your ki, there should be a thread of ki connecting yours to mine."

Remus opened his eyes startled when he found it then looked questioningly at his companion, he was still thinking that this was to good to be true.

"See, this is what is called a soul bond..." Kasumi broke off as Remus's looked turned to one of surprise. "It's a lifebond and a lovebond all rolled in to one. Ranma told be that we had bonded when we met, which is why I couldn't help about chasing you the first few days after you came back. He also said that the bond would complete when I met you in your wolf form. You do know the laws about soul bonding, right?"

Remus nodded.

"We should talk more later until then- the night is beautiful and I'd like to just sit an watch the sky."

Kasumi and Remus sat together for the rest of the night, when morning came Remus returned to human form, Kasumi handed him a change of clothes, and they returned to the village together.

"How did Ranma Know?"

"Ranma Always Knows. It seems to be a talent of his that didn't come out 'til we left Nerima."

"The laws says that werewolf laws are no longer applicable to the werewolf who bonds and his/her progeny. That means that Kagome and Souta are safe... but what if they try to change the law or- they were both born before the soul bond."

Either way they were born in Japan and if the English Ministry wants to make a snit they can take it up with the Japanese Ministry. And the Youkai Council." Kasumi turned towards an approaching group. "Speaking of which..."

"Kasumisan." The white haired young man bowed to the young woman, "Who is you companion?"

"Sesshomarusama." Kasumi bowed back, "This is Remus Lupin. Remus, these are Sesshomaru Taiyoukai of the Youkai Council, Setsuna his love, and Hotaru the foster daughter of some friends of Setsuna.

"Hello." Remus had bowed as each of the group was introduced, as he said hello to each they returned to greeting.

"Kasumi have you see InuYasha and Kagome come through?" Setsuna asked.

"Hai, the are staying at the guest house."

"The we shall pay my brother a visit." The group entered the village, Sesshomaru's group going to find InuYasha and Kasumi and Remus looking for Ranma and Family.

While they looked Remus realized that since the bonding the wolf was closer to the surface but helping instead of hindering, there was also something about Sesshomaru's scent that bugged him. Something he would never have noticed before, but he couldn't place it.

As the two entered Angela's house Remus noticed that his arm was around Kasumi's waist and he didn't remember putting it there. Ranma looked at them then smirked.

"No more chases and hiding?"

"I guess not." Remus said as Kasumi snuggled closer.

"Well it was entertaining while it lasted, especially since it wasn't me."

"What..." Remus started.

"Shhh, Ranma, Sesshomaru is here looking for InuYasha."

"That's great now we can finish the stories. I'll go find them." Ranma bound out of the house.

Sirius was looking thoughtful at the area where Ranma had been... "Why is that name so familiar."

"Why is his scent so familiar yet not?" Remus countered.

"That is because you know family of mine, like my brother InuYasha and...."

"Father?" Sirius stood up. "Mother said you were dead."

"She would... No, we had a falling out... She committed adultery... and decided that it was my fault that you weren't her little trained dog. I am, however, surprised you remember me."

"I remember your voice nothing else."

"Well then...."

"Wait that makes Sirius and Ranma Youkai!!" Remus exclaimed.

"Hanyou. And I have used a spell to disguise their Youkai heritage." Sesshomaru elaborated while he and the others moved into the room and made themselves comfortable."

"She cheated on you... that is why... it never made sense."

"What?" Harry queried his godfather.

"Regulus was my half brother but I know he was born six months after Mother married his father and 8 months after my father disappeared."

"Yes... I would have taken you with me but she had more influence then me and if I had I would have compromised any chance of the Youkai Council gaining a foothold in England. Also Setsuna told me that you would be needed in England, you needed to grow up under you mother's care...."

"She tried to make me like her but when I was sorted into Gryffindor she gave up. That is when things at home got really nasty."

"I wish I could have done things differently."

"I suppose I would never have met my friends if you had. So, it's not so bad after all. Also I would never have met Angela."

"Thank you. Thought I have watched over Ranma and made sure Genma never tried to pull another Neko Ken. I caught up to them just after the training."

"Well, now that that's settled what are we going to do? We return to England tonight, then get over jetlag. So what are we doing today?" Ranma bounced and landed on the couch.

"Today is for resting since once we get to London tonight will be today again." His mother lightly whapped him on the back of the head.

"Right. Oh we'll visit during Christmas at your school." Kagome said from her position encircled by InuYasha's arms.

"Once you leave we will continue our journey." InuYasha explained. "We plan to be in England by the end of November."

"Then we'll see you then."

That night Ron, Hermione, Harry, Ranma, Angela, Remus, Kasumi, And Sirius all returned to Grimmauld Place. Well in Kasumi's case it was her first time there. They slept soundly when the sun went down after all they had been up for nearly twenty four hours but that time. On September First they were ready for the Hogwarts Express.
AN: Sorry this took so long I had all computer classes this past term and I had no place to write while in them. I promise to get the next chapter out in a more reasonable time. I'm working on the next chapter to Reikai Arc so that should be out soon.