Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction / Role Playing Fan Fiction ❯ Of Demons, Nymphs, and Rangers ❯ The path less traveled ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Of Demons, Nymphs, and Rangers
 
 
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to NeverWinter Nights. NeverWinter Nights ©2004 Atari. I do not own the rights to middle earth (novel by J.R.R. Tolken ©1954)
 
 
This story is not for any one under the age of 18 years to read.
 
 
 
 
 
Chapter 1: The path less traveled
 
 
 
Sendivir woke up to a cold morning as the sun peeked through the trees and hit his face. He smiled when he saw Ki'ala sleeping close to his body as to keep warm. It had been three years since his time in that forest and the encounter with the Hanyou. He leaned down and gently kissed the nymph and got up to get breakfast going. His relationship with the nymph was nothing more then close friends; they shared a few passionate kisses in the past but no true feelings for one another.
 
Ki'ala woke up when she smelled what ever it was the ranger was making. Her hair was sticking up looking unruly, but she just smiled at him and took a breath of the early morning air. “Mmmm good morning Sen-kun.” She said to him as she stretched. The nymph had gotten into the habit of shortening his name to Sen, after much protest he gave up and let her have her way.
 
They ate their breakfast and packed up the small camp to head out on the road again. Sendivir knew their next destination but kept it a secret to Ki'ala. He thought it would be a nice kind of gift for her, as he was going to take her back to Raven's grave so they could pay their respects to the dead Hanyou. Sendivir had to admit that it was good having Ki'ala around because he felt that she made him grow up a little more to see the world the way it truly was not how he saw it, he also found a small joy out of how she kissed him. Hell he liked kissing and any chance he got he would kiss her but he thought it odd that they had no deep feelings for each other.
 
It took four days for them to come up on the human village that was close to the Hanyou's old home. Ki'ala was very happy to see where they had been traveling to. She couldn't wait to visit the old tree house and to see her old lover's grave. She gave Sendivir a tight hug almost making him fall over. He gave her a warm smile as they made their way to the village.
 
The ranger hated doing this to Ki'ala but after a close encounter with slavers a few years ago he learned to make people think that she was his slave. “Ki'ala you know the drill.” He said with a sigh handing her the slave collar. The nymph nodded and put it on and handed him the chain leash.
 
Once in the town Sendivir felt less then welcome as every one they passed gave him a rather dirty look. They made their way to the shop where he was going to pick up some flowers for the grave and a few other supplies. When he entered the shop the next thing he felt was something hard slamming into his jaw. “You son of a bitch! Ye got some nerve comin back here!” the shop owner barked at him after he had punched the now stunned ranger.
 
“Mind telling me what “I did”? I'm a little confused on that.” He said rather calm rubbing his jaw. Sendivir didn't expect to be treated this way after telling every one that the Hanyou would no longer be bothering them because she was dead.
 
“Yur nothing but a lying son of a bitch is what you are! You come a tell every one dat the demon ish dead! The damn bitch nearly leveled the damn village! She even kill'd me only son.” The shop keeper yelled at him ready to kill the ranger for his misfortune.
 
Sendivir was confused at what was going on. Raven was dead he had killed her and buried her to rest in peace, this couldn't be her. The ranger took a deep breath and asked. “Are you sure it was the same Hanyou that bothered your village in the past?” he tried to remain calm as another fist hit him, this time in the stomach. Ki'ala was afraid as she watched another punch land in her friend's stomach.
 
“It is her! Her cat like body and demonic eyes that seemed to look in ta ones soul!” the shop owner said. he now was calming down, rubbing the side of his head remembering the night when the demon came and killed many and tore through the houses and shops. “We trusted ye stranger. We thought you'd keep to yer word and the demon was dead!”
 
“The Hanyou is dead sir. I saw her dead body myself.” Ki'ala said to the shop keeper try stop her tears from coming. The shop keep looked at the young nymph with soft eyes; he didn't know her but felt sad when he looked into her eyes.
 
“Now do'n be cry' in, your to beautiful to be cry' in lass. Look if you both will check out the forest fer yer selves and figure out what the hell is goin on and maybe fix any problems then maybe us villager might be' in to forgive and forget.” He said with a warm smile. Sendivir was surprised at the shop keeps change in attitude then figure that the nymph used her magical charm to calm him.
 
They ran as fast as they could in to the forest to see what was terrorizing the village. When they came upon Raven's grave they were both shocked and disgusted at the sight. Some one had smashed her head stone and dug up her grave and stole the dead Hanyou's body. Ki'ala hugged Sendivir tight as she cried. Sendivir felt a great rage building up inside his body as he looked around at the remains of the grave. “I'm going to find the sick son of a bitch who did this and gut them!” he said through clinched teeth as he rubbed Ki'ala's back.
 
 
 
 
What happened to Raven's grave? Will Sendivir and Ki'ala fall in love? Who or what was terrorizing the near by village? Stay tuned for the next exciting chapter.
 
Chapter 2: Poor heratio I knew ye well.