Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic and the Sword ❯ Unexpected Foe ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Well, I was gone for a while on a camping trip, so I couldn't write. In a week I will have to stay at a hotel, with no computer, so I will have more delays. I will be trying to update this story once a day 'till I leave, but I don't know If I'll be able to, enough rambling, time to start!

Disclaimer: I still don't own these characters. they still belong to SEGA and Nintendo.

________________________________________________________________________ ____________________

Sonic and the sword: chapter six

unexpected appearance

After the team left GEOS' chamber, they entered a long, dimly lit hallway. Link was in front with his shield out, ready to block anything that came their way. Shadow was in the back of the group, keeping a sharp eye out for any danger from behind. The hallway was very long, and it had bizarre patterns carved into the wall (swirls, zigzag lines, etc.). They noticed the hallway was getting narrower as they went along. "We must be getting close to a way out" said Tails.

"There will probably be a door nearby, this hallway can't get much narrower" said Link, barely getting between the walls. they reached the end of the hallway, and there was no door, there was just a wedge shape where the walls met, at least on the ground. "Look, there's a door up there," Sonic said, looking up at the ceiling. "Tails, can you fly up there and open that door," asked Link. "sure" Tails said.

Tails flew up to the ceiling, opened the door, and then landed next to Link. "I can only get one of you in at a time," said Tails. "I'll go first," Shadow said. Tails grabbed him by the hand, flew to the door again, and pulled him through the door, after everyone got into the room upstairs, the door below them locked. "We're not getting back that way." Said Sonic, "I guess we find another door," He continued. At that moment, four of the red tinted stalfos dropped down.

"Oh man, this is not good at all," Tails said. "Sonic, Shadow. don't attack them yet, just be defensive," Link said. The stalfos were motionless. "Why aren't they attacking?" Tails asked. "I don't know, but it can't be good," said Link. The stalfos all turned to the back of the room, and started walking. They lined themselves against the wall, and lifted their swords. "What the-" Sonic said, but was cut off by the stalfos swinging their swords at the wall in front of them.

The wall crumbled and revealed a door. The group just stared at each other, surprised and relieved at the same time. The stalfos then transformed into one ball of energy, and shot at Link. "Look out!" said Sonic, but Link was already putting up his shield. The energy exploded, and regathered. This time the energy went up. It passed through the ceiling. The group shared the same look as before.

They passed through the door in front of them. the door led to a room in the shape of a hexagon. "this has been too easy," said Link. "We may have a lot of trouble on our hands soon," Just then, a large, dark blue orb fell through the ceiling of the room. It was about the size of a washing machine. What nobody noticed, was that a wick was burning.

"Whoa, look out!" said tails as he noticed the wick slowly shrinking. "Oh my gosh, it's a BOMB!" yelled Sonic. he then jumped up on top of it, ready to cut the wick. He gathered speed, and launched himself through the wick. it cut in half, just as the bomb was about to explode. Everyone's heart was pounding.

"We should get going," Tails said in a rather shaky tone. "right," Link agreed, also shaken. They all walked toward the end of the room, as the ball of energy from before came back down from the ceiling, headed straight for the bomb.

"GET DOWN!" Sonic shouted as the ball shot straight into the bomb. There was a tremendous rumble and a loud boom sound as the bomb exploded. The room was quickly filled with flames and debris. No-one got hurt by the bomb. as the flames cleared, Sonic Shadow and Tails noticed that they each had a blue crystal surrounding them.

"I can't use Nayru's love again, we have to be more careful next time. They went through the hole in the wall at the end of the room, made by the bomb. They noticed that the room was filled with water. there were spikes along the walls, and four platforms in the water. Link immediately realized why the first hallway was so long, it was leading them back through to the water temple, and this was morpha's room.

Then Link realized something, The water should not have still been there, it was drained after Morpha was defeated. He gasped as Ganondorf appeared again. He just said "good-bye, hero of time," and disappeared. A liquidy form was rising out of the water, but it wasn't Morpha this time, Link and Shadow were ready to fight it. Sonic and Tails just stood, wide-eyed.

"B-But how?" Tails said, sounding very afraid. Sonic was less afraid, but was very surprised. Standing before them, was Chaos 6. Link turned to them, wondering what was wrong. "How is that possible," Sonic said to himself. He looked in his pocket."Oh no, my emerald is missing! I must've dropped it when we were chasing that crow!" "What is the matter? I still have my emerald," Shadow said.

"We don't have the equipment to defeat him! he has to be frozen before we can even hurt him!" Tails said. Link reached for an Ice arrow, but remembered that he used them all against the Stalfos at the ranch. "This is bad, very bad," Link said. Shadow still looked calm as Chaos roared very loudly, and began to walk toward them...

TO BE CONTINUED

How will they beat Chaos? does Shadow know something that the others don't?

next: Chaos 6 vs. All

________________________________________________________________________ ____________________

Well, the next chapter should be up tomorrow or the day after. Yes, I know Sonic doesn't have pockets, but I had to think of somewhere logical for him to store an emerald. Well, see ya later then!