Fan Fiction / Tekken Fan Fiction ❯ Kazuya Vs Raziel ❯ A King and his Champion ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A devil Kain's last hope

Chapter 3

A King and his Champion

He was weak, but amazingly alive the darkness that he had previously inhabited had left him and now there was light and colour and sound. He sat bolt upright in his bed and surveyed his surroundings. He was in a room with a large wooden door and high ceilings. Apart from the bed he sat on there was no other furnishings in the room. There were no windows either and all light seemed to come from a single torch high upon the wall.

He stood up and tried the door it appeared to be locked on the other side. Had he the strength he could have easily shattered to door with a blow from his mighty fists but he was still too weak. He pondered for a moment perching on the edge of the bed and wondering where he was and how he would get out. But without his realization sleep beckoned him once more.

He awoke still perched on the edge of the bed. He cursed himself silently for allowing sleep to take its hold. He glanced around the room his eyes drawn to the door it was open. He rose and headed for it cautiously he peered round the door, it led to a larger room, the man stepped through and was awe stuck. Directly in front of him was a beautiful stain glass window. It showed two winged beings fighting in the air one was a tall pale man with two bat like wings sprouting from his shoulder blades and the other. The mans eyes widened it was him in his devil form the scar across its chest to the ruby eye in its fore head. Kazuya stared in awe for a few more seconds then glanced around the room there were a few chairs and a table and a mirror covering one wall. On the table he saw something that looked like a purple material of some sort. Walking over he realized it was a garment of some kind. There was a note on top:

Put this on and go through the door when you are ready.

Kazuya slightly unsure of himself took the garment and dressed. Surprisingly it fit him perfectly. He looked at himself in the mirror. "Hmm very well indeed" he thought to himself. With that he walked to the door when suddenly it swung open and a figure stepped through and looked directly at Kazuya. The man was shorter than Kazuya

His white hair and equally white skin and blood red eyes made him look like an albino but his extremely well muscled build led Kazuya to believe other wise. As Kazuya glanced down to where the mans hands should be he noticed a pair of claw like appendages, confusion filled his face.

"Ah I take it u have noticed these" Kain said lifting his claws above his face "come my friend there is much to discuss." Kain turned around and started walking toward the door.

"Before we discuss anything you will tell me who you are" Kazuya looked at Kain "and I mean now." Kain stopped dead in his tracks turned round on his heel

"Oh my sincerest apologies" he looked Kazuya straight in the eye and they're equally hard glances fell on one another "I'm kain ruler of Nosgoth and my friend I am the man who saved your soul from eternal damnation." Again Kain turned to walk away and this time Kazuya realizing that for now he was best off going along with what was happening followed him through to the next room.

The new room was like neither of the two Kazuya had previously seen. It was huge in front of him were several extremely large white pillars forming a semicircle at the centre of which stood another pillar. Following Kain past the central pillar Kazuya could see that there was a throne made from marble created using the pillar as a back in front of it was a large oak table with six chairs surrounding it. The chairs were arranged with three on each side with the head of the table in front of throne. Around the room were hung seven banners each sporting a different symbol the largest banner hung directly over the door had the same symbol as the piece of red cloth hung over Kain's right shoulder. As they walked past the table Kazuya noted that the symbols on the banners were on each of the chairs as well. "Must be his generals' symbols or something."

"Exactly right my friend." Kain turned while uttering these words to see Kazuya pause mid step and an expression of disbelief fill his face.

"But how could y…" Kain raised a hand to silence him and Kazuya complied "I am a vampire my friend I can read minds to a certain degree even one as strong as yours though." He paused as he watched Kazuya regain his composure "I cannot delve as deeply into yours as I can most beings I can merely read those thoughts at the forefront of your mind."

Kazuya's face was momentarily washed over with rage at the idea of having his mind violated like that. His thoughts at that moment in time turned solely to tearing this creature limb from limb. Kain's eyes fell on Kazuya as a smile crossed his lips "I would advise against that my friend you are currently far too weak to stand a chance against me." He watched as Kazuya relaxed slightly seemingly in agreement with analysis "besides you are still of use to me and I to you. So for either of us to die right now would be terribly inconvenient." Kazuya merely nodded and followed kain through the main door.

They went through many corridors crisscrossing one another before they reached there destination. The symbol on the door was the same as Kain's personal symbol they walked through and Kazuya in the room there were two comfy looking chairs wit a small table of centre on top of which were two jugs and two glasses. The contents of one of the jugs were red and the other was completely clear. Kain sat in one of the chairs and motioned for Kazuya to sit in the chair opposite.

"Now my friend I shall tell you what it is you need to know but before I do would you care for some water" Kain gestured at the jugs. Kazuya looked nodded and was promptly handed a glass with clear liquid. Kain got a glass of what Kazuya would later learn to be blood wine for himself then sat back down.

Kazuya listened as kain told him the History of Nosgoth and its current plight. He told him of his sons Raziel and Dumars rebellion and the century long civil war it had produced. He did not however tell Kazuya about the Soul Reaver or of the fact that the Soul Reaver could be used to return Kazuya to his earth and his conflict with his father.

Once his tale was over Kain rose and headed for the door.

"Come my sons are here and we have much more to discuss before you start your journey." Kain left through the door and Kazuya followed in silence still trying to digest what he had heard and pondering exactly what it was that kain was keeping from him. "Not too worry" Kazuya thought "he has underestimated us and that will cost him dearly should he turn on us." With that thought comforting him he let his hunger take him as he followed Kain.