Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Mutant Family ❯ Run in with Magneto ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Recap: Yami trained in the Danger Room to get a better grip on his powers. To Professor X's amazment, Yami went through the medium and hard level settings like they were a piece of cake. Yugi felt his power growing inside him, waiting to bloom. It took a sentinel attack for him to discover his powers. The others found out that he had the power of the sun. One of the sentinels attempted to bring Yugi and Jubilee back to its base, but Yami put a stop to that.
' is thoughts





Chapter 3: Run in with Magneto

While fighting the sentinels, Yugi discovered that he had the power of the sun in him. Yami successfully thwarted a capture attempt that one of the sentinels unxpectedly made. Now, Yugi would need to learn to control his powers so they would always come when he needed them.
"Well Yami, it seems that your brother will be you training partner," Xavier said.
"I couldn't have had a better person as a partner," Yami said. "Yugi and I did virtually everything together when we were at home and now we can do just about everything together now."
"We sure can, and I like it," Yugi said.
"Take a rest period and be in the Danger Room at 1pm," Xavier said.
Yugi and Yami nodded and went off with Jubilee.
"Hey Yami, can you give us a ride on your back?" Jubilee asked.
"I don't see why not," Yami responded as he lay down.
Yugi and Jubilee got on, and Yami stood back up. Then he walked off. It was 10am currently, so Yugi and Yami had three hours of free time. Yami came to the city and walked on. Mostly, the people were more amazed than anything when they saw Yami. They wondered what he could be. Among the everyday crowd were the scientists of the sentinel factory.
They heard all the amazement and went over to see what made the people so amazed. When they saw Yami, the were very amazed themselves. They have also read Greek Mythology so they knew that he was a Centaur. When they went around the crowd to get a closer look, they saw a horn sticking out of Yami's head.
"So, what do you guys think so far?" Jubilee asked.
"This city is amazing. The buildings here are even taller than the ones in Tokyo," Yami responded.
"Why is she with them?" Greg, the head scientist asked.
"They must be part of the band of mutants she's with now," Julie, another scientist said.
"There are too many people here Yami. Let's get some more peace and quiet," Yugi said.
"I follow you," Yami said as he spread his wings and took to the air.
The people were a lot more amazed now. The sentinels were on their way. They arrived in half an hour and quickly surrounded Yami. The scientists were on the roof of a nearby building to get a better look.
"Let's take care of these peace spoilers," Yami said.
Yugi and Jubilee nodded. Yugi closed his eyes to concentrate on tapping into his power. He felt the heat rise within him and fired a solar beam at one of the sentinels' chest. The beam went straight through and destroyed it.
"Nice work Yugi," Jubilee said.
"It's not over yet," Yugi said as he destroyed another one.
"Hey, save some for me," Jubilee said as she fired at another one's head.
"Don't forget me," Yami said as he fired a destroyer ray from his horn.
The three of them made quick work of the sentinels. Then Yami flew on through the air. The enjoyed peace for most of the rest of their free time. At 12:45pm, Yami teleported on the ground inside the Institute. Jubilee jumped off his back.
"Thanks for the ride Yami. It was fun. We'll have to do that more often," she said.
"You're welcome, and we will do it more often," Yami said before walking to the Danger Room. "Are you ready Yugi?" he asked.
"Yes I am big bro," Yugi responded. "I can't feel my powers again. Hopefully, this will help me to feel them all the time.
"For some strange reason, I really didn't need to train. It was like I already had control of my powers. Maybe the unicorn learned about her powers before I merged with her," Yami said.
"The unicorn was female?" Yugi asked.
"Yes," Yami responded. He chuckled at something unknown.
"What are you chuckling at?" Yugi asked.
"The unicorn can mentally talk to me. She just said that you're cute," Yami responded.
Yugi blushed a little at that which caused Yami to laugh a little. The unicorn could talk to him mentally, but she still talked to him in her language. Yami could understand the unicorn, but he would find out that he could understand other animal languages another time. At 1pm, Yami entered the Danger Room. He lay down, and Yugi got off. Then he stood back up.
"Right on time Yami. Are you two ready?" Cyclops said.
"Yes we are," Yami and Yugi said.
"The Professor got called away to be at a meeting with Senator Kelly. He asked me to run the Danger Room for him. I wanted to try something different today. Standby for activation," Cyclops said as he activated the Danger Room.
The Danger Room took on the form of a jungle. It had lush trees and plants all over. But the beauty was just a cover up for the danger lurking within. For the Danger Room had taken the form of the Savage Lands. The Savage Lands were filled with natives who killed strangers without a second thought, as well as more predators than peaceful animals.
"Why are we training in a jungle?" Yugi asked.
"This is no ordinary jungle Yugi. I sense far more danger than a regular jungle here," Yami responded.
"Yami's right Yugi. The Danger Room can become any place of our choosing. The place you see before you is the Savage Lands. The other X-men and I were taken there once and almost didn't come back alive. I set the level on easy until Yugi can control his powers. Once he does, then I'll put it on a harder setting as you go on," Cyclops said.
"Well, we might as well go through this place," Yami said. "Stay close to me Yugi. This is not the place to get separated."
Yugi nodded, and they walked through the jungle. A few minutes later, they heard the natives crying out something.
"What are they crying about?" Yugi asked.
"That's no regular cry. I sense that they're warning the others that we're here. Get ready for a fight if necessary," Yami responded.
At that moment, a rattlesnake slowly slithered behind Yugi. It didn't make a sound as it very slowly coiled itself around him. He didn't feel it because it was going too slow for his senses to detect it. Yami just happened to turn around. He saw the snake and panicked.
"Yugi!" he shouted.
Yugi looked around him and saw the snake. He immediately panicked and tried to get it off him. Yami just watched helplessly. The snake's head was too close to Yugi to try anything.
"Yugi, don't move. You'll get bitten," Yami warned.
It was too late for a warning now. The snake bit Yugi's neck.
"Aaahhh!" Yugi cried out in pain and fainted.
"That does it," Yami said angrily.
The snake moved its head to bite Yugi in the arm when Yami yanked it from around him. He gave it a mighty throw, and it went far off into the distance. Then he looked down at Yugi. A stream of blue magic came from his horn, and he healed Yugi's neck and dissolved the poison that started to go through Yugi's system.
"Are you all right?" Yami asked.
"I am now thanks to you," Yugi responded.
Yami transported Yugi to his back. "I think it will be better for you to stay on my back. Hold on," Yami said.
Yugi complied, and Yami galloped on. Suddenly, a spear came from one of the trees. Yami stopped just in time as the spear landed right in front of him. He reared up and broke the wooden part of the spear with his front legs.
"Where did that come from?" Yugi asked.
"It came from one of those trees up ahead," Yami responded. "I'm just glad I heard and sensed it in time to stop." He walked in front of the tree closest to the middle tree on the left side and kicked it with his hind legs.
Sure enough, a native fell out of the tree. Yami prepared for anything. Then native fired a long blow dart from his blowgun. Yami used his force field to stop the dart. Then, more natives came and fired blow darts, spear and regular, fire and poison arrows. Yami's force field held no problem though. Suddenly, a golden light bathed the force field.
"What's going on?" Yami asked confused. He got his answer when the native's ammunition began to burn up on contact with the field. He looked at Yugi to see a golden light coming from his head.
"Save some of the work for me bro," Yugi said.
"Let's take care of this group so we can move on," Yami said.
Yugi nodded, and Yami turned his back to the right wall of the force field. He kicked it with his hind legs, and a little of Yugi's solar energy was released. He continued kicking as more of the solar energy was released. The group of natives fled through the trees. Yugi took the solar energy off the force field, and Yami took the force field off.
"Nice work Yugi," Yami said.
"You did pretty good yourself," Yugi said.
"I can feel that you're starting to get the hang of your powers now. You're getting to be a fast learner like me," Yami said before galloping on.
A few minutes later, they came across a white-haired female with strange clothing. She wore a rainbow-colored bathing suit. Yugi hoped to make friends with the strange woman, but Yami knew that there was something very wrong about her.
"Maybe we can be friends," Yugi suggested.
"No Yugi, I don't like the feeling I'm getting from her. I can feel that she's a mutant like us, but she has a black heart," Yami said.
Yugi knew not to argue with Yami when it came to whom to trust. Whenever Yugi disregarded Yami's warnings about someone not trustworthy, he always ended up regretting it because Yami was right. The friends that they had have proven to be trustworthy and dependable.
"So, you're mutants too. It's too bad that you've joined the X-men. We could've terrorized the human race," she said.
"We may be mutants, but we were born from a human mother," Yugi said.
"One that we love very much," Yami added.
"I gave you the chance to join up with me, and you refused. So you both will die from high pitched sonic waves," she said as sonic vibrations came from her mind.
Yugi covered his ears, trying to block out the pain. "Yami, make it stop!" he painfully cried.
Amazingly, the vibrations didn't affect Yami. He just stood there like nothing happened.
"How can this be possible? How can you resist me when the other X-men couldn't?" the mutant asked.
"That I do not know," Yami responded. "But I do know that you won't kil my brother," he added as he absorbed the vibrations through his horn.
Yugi felt the vibrations lose their intensity on him. He saw that they were still going strong. 'That's weird. I can't feel the vibrations anymore,' he thought.
The female mutant also noticed that Yugi wasn't affected anymore. "Your brother was screaming murder a few moments ago, but now he can't feel anything either. How is this so?" she asked.
"I can tell you that. Yami and Yugi have a Gemini effect on each other. Their strong love for each other makes them stronger," Jean said. "Show her what I mean Yugi."
"You got it," Yugi said as he shot solar power through his mind at the unknown mutant.
The mutant stopped her vibrations in time for Yami to send them back at her. She was injured a little, but gave more sonic waves. These wee at full intensity. Yami saw a solar field around him and Yugi. The vibrations burned up in the field. Yami put his hands on the solar field and shot out solar rays from it. The mutant fled in defeat, and the Danger Room deactivated for the time being. Yugi took off the solar force field. Yami walked out of the Danger Room and found Jean and Cyclops waiting. They were pretty impressed with the training session.
"You two did very well in there. In the Danger Room, the images are as real as the actual people and/or mutants are. The female mutant's powers didn't affect you at all Yami, and I was very amazed. The other X-men and I were at her mercy when we were face to face with her in the Savage Lands," Cyclops said. "She was the hardest setting of the Savage Lands, and you took her easily."
"And I sense that your powers are still burning strong within you. This is like nothing I've witnessed before. All it took for you to control your powers was the love you and Yami had for each other," Jean said.
"I guess that brotherly love went further than we thought Yami," Yugi said.
"It sure did little bro," Yami said.
Jubilee came in the hallway with two glasses of water. "I thought you might be thisty so I brought you two some water," she said as she handed Yugi and Yami the water.
"Thank you," Yugi and Yami said before drinking the water.
"You're welcome," Jubilee said.
Yugi and Yami handed the empty glasses back to her, and she went and put them in the sink.
"Can we go out flying again Yami?" Yugi asked.
"Tomorrow Yugi. I need to get some rest," Yami responded yawning.
"You can rest in the front room Yami," Jean said.
"Thanks Jean," Yami said before walking into the front room. He lay down over by a wall, and Yugi got off him.
"You two were very amazing. I don't get impressed easily, so you were very good," Wolverine said.
"We did the best we could," Yugi said. He sat down next to Yami, as Yami sat up. Yugi laughed a little because Yami was in an awkward position to him.
"I don't blame you for laughing Yugi. The way that I'm sitting does look pretty funny. I sit like a horse, but my human half is straight up," Yami said.
Yugi leaned his head on the unicorn half of Yami's body. They stayed that way until it was time for dinner. Yugi sat at the table while Yami just stood and ate. Centaurs may be half and half, but they still eat and drink the same stuff as other people do. After dinner, Yami went out the back door and into an unoccupied stable.
"Why are you out here Yami?" Storm asked.
"I would rather sleep outside," Yami responded.
"You're more than welcome to sleep inside the Institute," Storm said.
"I know," Yami said.
"It's going to be a cool night. Are you sure that you'll be okay?" she said.
"I'll be fine," Yami responded.
Storm nodded and left the stable. Yugi had been looking for Yami. When he came outside, Storm pointed him to where Yami was. Yugi thanked her and went inside the stable. He found Yami lying down on a haystack.
"Would you like some company?" Yugi asked.
"Sure," Yami responded.
Yugi lay down next to Yami. They just looked at the stars from an open window in the stable. Yami was still tired from the past two days and quickly fell asleep an hour later. Yugi fell asleep not too much longer afterwards. Beast came by with a couple of blankets. He saw Yugi and Yami and smiled.
'I've never seen a stronger brotherly love than the two of them have. They really do just about everything together,' Beast thought as he put one blanket over Yami and the other one over Yugi. 'Sleep well you two,' he thought as he left the now occupied stable.
Yami unconsciously pulled Yugi closer to him as he slept on through the night. At 9am the next morning, Yami woke up fully rested and refreshed. 'That was a great sleep. I don't feel tired anymore,' he thought. He felt a big cloth on him and turned to see a blanket on him. He took off the blanket and removed Yugi's blanket. "It's time to wake up," he said.
Yugi awakened and sat up. He yawned and stretched. "Good morning Yami. Did you sleep well?" he said.
"I slept very well," Yami responded. "Did you?" he added.
"Yes I did," Yugi responded before climbing on Yami's back.
Yami stood up and walked out. They found the others waiting for them.
"Good morning," Jubilee said.
"Good morning," Yami said.
"Are you going to join us for breakfast?" Xavier asked.
"No thank you Professor. I'm not hungry right now," Yami responded.
"I'm really not hungry either," Yugi agreed.
"We'll see you later," Yami said before spreading his wings and taking off into the air.
"Have fun," Jean said. She looked at the Professor and grew concerned. "Something wrong Professor?" she asked.
"Very wrong Jean. I sense that Magneto is nearby. I just hope that Yugi and Yami will be all right if he should cross their path," Xavier responded.
"The only thing we can do is hope. Yami and Yugi have learned their powers a lot quicker than expected and shouldn't have much of a problem if it should come out to a battle," Cyclops said.
Meanwhile, Magneto took a flight through the city. Even though he doesn't like the human race, that doesn't stop himfrom going on his daily flight. 'I wonder if Charles or any of his X-men are out today,' he thought.
"So far, it's a peaceful day out here," a voice said, jarring him out of his thoughts.
"Yes it is Yugi," a deeper voice said.
"Who was that?" Magneto asked. He looked up ahead and was very amazed with what he saw. 'I've never seen a creature like that,' he thought.
"We're heading into a fog bank Yugi," Yami said.
"I'll take care of it Yami," Yugi said. He focused his solar energy and shot it through his hands. He cleared he fog with no problem at all.
'He possesses the power of the sun. I better follow them,' Magneto thought as he followed Yami and Yugi. 'I wonder what the one called Yami is,' he thought.
"Nicely done little bro," Yami said.
"Thanks Yami. I love riding on your back now that you're a Centaur," Yugi said.
"I love taking you for rides Yugi. All you have to do is ask. When you asked after our session in the Danger Room, I was really tired from that and from what happened the past two days. If I'm not tired, and we have free time, I'll be more than happy to take you riding," Yami said.
'So, Yami is a Centaur. I never thought that I see one,' Magneto thought.
Yami got a little tense. Yugi literally felt it because of Yami's horse half. The back muscles tightened up somewhat, and Yami hovered in the air.
"What is it Yami?" Yugi asked.
"Someone's following us. I sense magnetic energy coming from him so I know that he's a mutant," Yami responded. He turned around to see a mutant hovering in front him.
The mutant wore red and purple clothing and a weird-looking red helmet.
"Who are you?" Yugi asked.
"My name is Magneto," the mutant responded.
"What do you want?" Yami asked harshly.
Yugi knew that when Yami talked to someone with that tone of voice, that person wasn't to be trusted.
"Two mutants like you will be a great addition to my team to rule the human race. What do you say?" Magneto offered.
"My answer is never in a million years," Yami responded.
"Same with me. Yami and I were born from a human mother that we love to death. Not to mention that some of our most trustworthy friends are humans. We may be different as far as not being normal, but we still view ourselves as human," Yugi said.
"So, you must be with Charles and his group," Magneto snarled.
"Yes we are, but that has nothing to do with the way we feel," Yami said.
"If you're not with me, you're against me," Magneto said.
"We already gave you our answer. We refuse to join you," Yugi said a little impatiently.
Magneto fired a magnetic blast at Yugi. Yugi countered with his own solar blast. Magneto then magnetized scrap metal from a nearby junkyard and sent it hurtling towards Yami and Yugi.
"Leave this to me Yugi," Yami said as he created a sideways arch field.
The field blocked the scrap metal from reaching them. Yugi then focused his power into the field to help create a solar arch field. The scrap metal burned on contact with the field.
"Let me show you a lesson in magnetism," Yami said as he took down the field. He shot a reversed magnetic beam from his horn and sent Magneto through the air.
The beam would wear off when he was 50 miles away. Yami and Yugi spent another two hours sailing through the sky in peace. Then Yami flew back for the Institute. Jean, Jubilee and the Professor were there to greet them.
"Did you have a good time," Jean asked.
"For the most part, yes we did. We had a run in with Magneto though," Yami responded.
"He offered us to join him in ruling over humans. But Yami knew not to trust him before he even introduced himself to us. We instantly refused his offer. We may be considered mutants by most people, but inside we're just as human as they are," Yugi added.
"That's exactly how we feel. We try our best to be normal like the regular people, only using our powers when absolutely necessary," Xavier said. "But a lot of people fear and seek to destroy us because of our enhanced abilities."
"That wasn't the case with Yami. The people were more amazed than anything because he's a Centaur. The look on their faces was like they were learning all over again," Yugi said.
"I agree with you Yugi. That was the first in a long time that I ever seen anyone amazed instead of afraid when they saw a mutant," Jubilee said.
"You and Yugi could be the most important step in our quest for mutants and humans to be in harmony Yami," Jean said before going inside.
Yami went back to the stable and laid down to rest. Yugi got off his back and went inside the Institute to get something to eat. A few moments later, he brought the food back to the stable, and he and Yami ate. Afterwards, Jubilee and Beast came in to give them some company. They just talked about what has happened so far and about their personal lives.




End of chapter 3. Hope you're enjoying it so far. Preview for Chapter 4: Lost in the Real Savage Lands: Two months have passed since Yami and Yugi's arrival at the Institute. They have gotten along very well with all the inhabitants. One day, a band of rebellious mutants attack the Institute. It's a battle from within as the X-men fight to protect their home and each other. The battle is cut short when the scientists from the Savage Lands use a teleportation device to transport the X-men to the Savage Lands. The fight to stay alive really begins now.


I would like to thank Crouching Tigress for her suggestion of Yugi being able to create a solar shield. This is something that all of you will read from here on out to the end. If there's something you want me to include, don't be afraid to tell me what it is. Just like Crouching Tigress, you can see your suggestion in my story.
Bye