Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Confronting Her Past ❯ The Home of the Black Vines ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Dunno if I own the characters. Maybe I do… Maybe I don't….. ^^;

 

Me the author: WoOt! It's the 5th chapter!! I have no idea what I'm going to write in this chapter!! Woohoo for me!! Hey, and to kiwiwfruit, thanks for the review~! Yah and I noticed that there are a lot of spaces and that crap. I was trying to figure out why it was like that…. But I'll see what I can do about that, and make the chapters longer~!! Thanks for the review anywho~!!! So let's see… we ended up with Kurama and Hiei ending up in Raven's mind, and coming across happy Raven and a black rose. OooOOoooOOooOO. Now this will be exciting. I hope. Anyways, on with the story~!!

 

~ * ~ * ~

 

Chapter Five: The home of the black vines.

 

Hiei examined the black rose carefully. He then stepped back in shock, as the black rose transformed into a raven. "C'mon, Kurama. I think we've found our tour guide." So Kurama and Hiei quickly rushed to follow the raven.

 

After going a couple of meters, they were halted; by a different Raven- a grey cloaked one. But she didn't hold them up that long. The minute she saw them, she squeaked in fear, and ran away from them.

 

The Raven continued in its flight. It led them through different passages, making them go through a happy area first, and then back to the gloomy one. But finally the raven stopped, in front of another doorway. Here in front of the passage way, there was a black cloaked Raven (I'm making up this black cloaked one… a woman of mystery!! HAHAHAHA!! Um… I'll stop.)

 

"So you are finally here? Why do you interrupt our peaceful living here? You have no right! Leave! Now! Before it is too late!! And besides, she is not in the right condition to be speaking right now. It kills her- this black vine of roses. And if I may recall, you do remember the vine of black roses? It is too late. The One has already poisoned her. There is no hope for her. She might as well die. But. There is a hope. If she may recall her memories, it may be possible that she would remember a special healing power. But even if she did regain this knowledge, she would not be able to fully heal herself. What will you do? What will you do, fox demon? And you, fire and ice (it's both right? Dang I need to get updated…) demon? What will you do?"

 

"We will end this suffering and confusion. Let us pass, so that we may actually talk to her. We've known her for long; she just does not remember us." Said Kurama calmly.

 

"And what if your talking does not help? It will not kill the poison that spreads inside of her." The black clad Raven replied.

 

"We will do what we can." Said Hiei with a sneer.

 

"Then enter, for I know there is no stopping you. Do what you can, but you know and I know that nothing can help her."

 

She moved out of the way, slowly. Kurama and Hiei quickly went through the passage. Right when they passed through, their gloomier surrounds immediately changed into a gloomier and black surrounding. Everywhere around them black vine with long knife-like thorns tangled everywhere. And here and there, there were black roses, all fully bloomed. This was Raven's home in her mind. Except that there weren't usually such foreboding plants.

 

They soon found Raven, with her arms around her knees that were pulled up to her chest. Her hood was back, and hair was all messy and stuck around her face because sweat dripped off of her. Her cloak was twined with black vines. Suddenly she started right at them.

 

"Who are you?! What are you doing here?!" Then her gaze softened, as did her voice, "No matter. Like it will be big sometimes soon. I wish I could help you guys, but if I don't even know who I am, I don't know how I could help you. Would you guys like to help me? I need to know me. I need to know who I am. Please?"

 

Then Raven's eyes snapped back to here regular self. "What am I saying? I know who I am. My name is Raven, and I come from the planet Azarath. I know who I am. What do you two want?"

 

"Raven, you don't remember us? It's me, Kurama. And you remember Hiei."

 

Raven just shook her head, rocking back and forth. She was going insane.

 

"I'm sorry Raven, but this is going to hurt. But it just may be the key to making you your normal self," said Kurama. With this said, he placed the palm of his left hand on his right beneath his wrist. Green light flashed and there was suddenly a symbol beneath his wrist shining. Raven recoiled from the glowing green symbol. Hiei also brought up his wrist. The same green symbol shone on his wrist. The Raven screamed as the symbol began to cut itself onto Raven's wrist. Raven's head bowed as she shuddered in pain. But then she stopped shuddering abruptly and looked up at the two guys.

 

She got up and brushed herself off. "I forgot about that thing. Never could remember what it was for. Just thought it was a simple tattoo. I guess not though. So. You guys want to tell me who you are? Ahh…" she stopped all of the sudden. She looked at her upper right arm. There on her arm, was a coil of a black vine. And on the black vine, were the same sharp thorns, and these particular ones were digging into her arms, pressing into her grey skin, and piercing it. Everything was quiet, as they all stared at Raven's arm. She then winced and said, "I think it's about time that I leave this place. I think I can manage to heal most of myself so that I can get back to the world. I think if I stay in this place any longer, I'll just go beserk!"

 

And with that, Raven went into the meditation pose and chanted, "Azarath, Metrion, Thinthos," over and over again. A black aura surrounded her and she began to look cleansed and refreshed. Soon, her cuts and bruises disappeared, and she began to look like the petite beauty she was. All her injuries disappeared, except for the coil of vines twisted around her upper arm. And of course, the symbol on her wrist remained.

 

"You're showing more expression than usual, Raven," said Hiei humorlessly. Raven dropped her look of confusion, and masked it, now just glaring at Hiei with her burning eyes. She dropped her eyelids a bit and then looked down at the ground. `I wish I knew who these people were. I wish I knew what was going on…' Raven thought fervently.

 

*Ah, and that is partially why we are here, Raven. Kurama and I have come to make sure you remember who you are, for the world where you really come from is in chaos at this moment.* voiced Hiei through his mind to Raven's.

 

*I hate it when you do that.*

 

*Raven, you must remember that we are in your mind. Which means, we can hear everything even without trying to look into the other's mind. It's just straight-forward here.*

 

"Then let's get out of here. I want to get out of here, now. Even though if it may be my mind." Replied Raven.

 

So they set off through the passage way, only to find it barred with even more winding vines with bloomed roses and dangerous thorns. Raven glared at the blocked exit. "You have got to be kidding me. Nothing can happen like this in my mind. I'm the one that can change it, no one else can. What is going on here?" She looked at the thorns and sighed. "Azerath, Metrion, Thinsos." Her eyes and hands glowed as she chanted the incantation. Black magic soared from her hands at hit the barrier full on. She fell back suddenly, groaning in pain. "That's a first. Don't know why that hurt me so much."

 

"We would help you, but we fear we might injure you if we attack any part of your mind. You would be mentally injured. And I would not forgive myself for hurting you." Said Kurama. And Hiei nodded, looking slightly concerned.

 

Raven's brows furrowed into a V. She concentrated. Now what could get them out of this unforeseen obstacle? "Wait. That… phrase… the one that I found…. Come one Raven, you know what it is…" She thought hard. She knew what that phrase was. Now if only she could get that access key to that memory. "OH! I got it!! Mina Yeros! Augh!" Right as she said those two words of powers, the barrier had broken, and there once again was a passage to outside. "Good. Now let's get out of here," said Hiei quickly, "I think it would be best if we told you what you need to know, before your power goes careening out of control." Raven nodded in agreement stiffly.

 

So they ended up leaving Raven's haunted mind once and for all. Hiei and Kurama returned to the real world first. Then Raven. She breathed sharply and began breathing regularly. She opened her eyes and sat up quickly. "Now tell me!! What is my past!! What is it that I don't remember?!" Raven addressed Hiei and Kurama. Genkai and Robin looked at them in confusion. What of Raven's memory?

 

Raven suddenly gasped in pain. She grasped her arm. "No… it's still there? How can that be?" said Kurama loudly. And sure enough, there was the vine. The black vine with its thorns piercing through her arm. Blood steadily dripped from it. Raven paled.

"Quick! Tell me of my past! I need to know!! I need to know about Trian and…!! Wait. Trian…… That bastard!! He!"

 

"Hm. That's quite interesting. You remember Trian? As a bastard, too? Good. Now quiet. If you want to know, then just be quiet so Kurama and I can tell you about it." Hiei looked at Kurama and nodded. It was time.

 

 

*~ * ~ *~ *~ ~

 

Me the author: There you go. The fifth chapter I believe? Or maybe not. I don't' remember. But anyways, this chapter was definitely longer.... Actually I lie. That was NOT longer. I tried. I seriously tried…. And I think the spacing problem is still there. Oh well. I don't know what to do about it. Anyways, next chapter coming soon, soon, soon!!!