Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Confronting Her Past ❯ Raven's mind ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Blah blah blah blah blah blah. All the usual crap. Don't own the peoples in this story. I just borrow them. Hey but I do own the ones that are just irregular. Like the one Kindor? Was that his name? dunno……

 

Me the Author: chapter 4 chan~! Its only chapter four but I'm already wracking my brain for ideas. Yah….. And I've postponed this chapter for a while, well, because I had an insane writer's block. So expect like random outbursts…. Bleh

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Chapter Four: Raven's Mind

 

Hiei and Kurama were in Raven's mind now. The mirror had tossed them into her mind- and it wasn't a pleasant journey. Once they had gotten in her mind, Beastboy and Genkai had noticed that Raven stiffened and an even more intense aura surrounded her.

 

Robin entered the room and saw Beastboy and Genkai leaning over Raven. He saw no sign of Hiei or Kurama.

 

"Where are Kurama and Hiei?" He asked, sensing nervousness and foreboding.

 

Beastboy smiled nervously, sticking out his tongue, and pointed at Raven's head. Robin's mouth dropped open.

 

"Her mind?! Are you insane?! She's going to kill them, including you! If any them survive that trip!!"

 

"The risk is necessary, Robin. We must figure out what is wrong with her. In the mean time, we might as well get acquainted with each other. Because I have a feeling that we'll be here for a long time. Let's go back to everyone else. Nothing else can be done here; it's all up to them now." Said Genkai

 

~*~

 

Hiei and Kurama surveyed their surroundings. It seemed like space, where rocks floated as stepping stones. There were doorways, with no doors. There were dead trees, flocked with small black birds with red eyes, softly chanting, "Turn back… Turn back…"

 

Kurama looked around in slight- very slight- disgust. Hiei was actually quite interested. He definitely could relate to her. They stood motionless for a while, still taking in what surrounded them. They certainly had no idea where to begin. It was like a maze- a maze of endless possibilities.

 

But, at the same time, they felt something. And they both set off in the same direction, without saying anything to each other. Kurama and Hiei walked to that direction, jumping here and there to other floating land, and taking their time.

 

They finally saw something up ahead. It was a pink cloaked figure.

 

"Is that… Raven? In pink? Wouldn't think that would ever happen…" Kurama muttered.

 

Hiei had no expression on his face. He didn't really want to know all the details of this. It may interest him, and he did wish to know more of Raven, but some things were better left alone.

 

As they came closer to the pink clad Raven, they heard her humming and smelling a black rose.

 

"Raven…? Are you… Okay?" Asked Kurama hesitantly.

 

The pink cloaked Raven smiled. "Hey Kurama!! And Hiei!!" She looked at Hiei particularly long, and then laughing, said, "Pretty short aren't you?!"

 

Hiei, though fuming inside, refused to show it in his expressions. After all, it wasn't like him to do that. He wouldn't lose to this girl.

 

"I suppose you're looking for Raven, huh? Well, you're on your own. Even I can't find her. Including the sad, mad, fighting one... They all can't find her. She's really hidden herself well this time. Cuz y'know, we can usually find her, well, cuz, like, she's us! Right, right??!" Said the overly cheerful Raven.

 

"How is it possible, that you can't find her, if you "replicas" are her?" Hiei was getting impatient with all this happy talking.

 

"We just can't. If I knew where she was, I'd like tell you. Duh, dummy!" Happy Raven grinned widely, and then vanished into thin air, the black rose she was holding falling to the ground.

 

Kurama laughed as he sighed. "That was quite interesting. Never thought Raven would have a kind of side like that to her. I wonder where we will find her. We have no idea where to go. She could be anywhere. A clue, of any sort would have helped."

 

Kurama looked at Hiei, who had gone to slowly pick up the rose that had been left behind.

 

"A rose," Kurama said softly, "The black rose. How come I did not recognize it before? Could it be? Hiei, it wouldn't be the same rose that….."

 

"It is. It's the same exact one."

 

~ * ~ * ~

 

Me the author: The black rose….. interesting heh?? Hope you're excited to figure out what it is!! I'm excited too!! Because I have no idea whatsoever where that rose came from, and where its going to lead to~! Woohoo~! yah…. Pretty short chapter, heh?? Oh yah, and that author's note thingy? Totally ignore that. I already deleted. It was like the stupidest thing. I just had a serious lack of sleep and was extremely tired. But anyways, the next chapter will come, in time. I think my writer's block is leaving me. FINALLY. Sheesh I hate blockage of thinking…. Anyways, read and review if you feel like it~!