Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Confronting Her Past ❯ And the Journey Begins ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not, sadly enough, own the Teen Titans or Yu Yu Hakusho. So whatever, k??
 
Me the Author: Big thanks to bwlj. And to ymai2009 (I dunno the mediaminer username because, well, I forgot… I'm sorry!!) Many many thanks. I sound desperate, don't I? -_- And now that I think about it randomly, my title chapters really have nothing to do with the contents of the chapter…. Well anyways, here's the 7th chapter. Bring on the start of the adventure~!! I'm probably lying. I always say that I'll do something, and then I don't. I'm a liar… wahhhhhhhhh :p
 
 
Just a small recap:
*
“Didn't we warn you?!” yelled Hiei, “We told you that that would happen!” Raven looked at him with dulled eyes. “Hiei, quiet,” said the unnamed one, “”well I do believe that you have earned my name, Raven. You can call me Kurama. Or even Youko. I don't really care, personally.
 
“Who are you two?”
*
 
 
Chapter…. 7? Ok. Yah. Whatever. And the Journey Begins
With the final memory Raven was pushed back into her body. She came to suddenly and coughed and was short on breath. “Water…!!” She gasped. She sat up quickly, startling those around her. “Get her water, somebody!” Genkai said quickly.
 
In a couple of seconds, Robin was back with a rather large cup of water. Everyone huddled around Raven and watched her every move, as she drank her cup of water, taking deep breaths. With a deep breath she looked at her right wrist. The symbol that she had been confused over so long was finally making sense. Actually, she still didn't understand why it marked her in the first place, but now she knew why had happened to make to be there. It was a symbol that marked the first time she met Hiei and Kurama. It had bonded them together, whether they liked it or not.
 
She then took a glance at the vine of black roses still twined around her right arm. It had used to be on her upper arm, but now it spread below her elbow. Its thorns still pierced her skin, and blood dripped from it. She looked up at everyone watching her with hawk eyes- and for Beastboy, it was literally. She broke the silence, “So... what's up?” She flashed a rare smile and got up completely. She felt refreshed, replenished of all her strength. She knew everything about her past. No more secrets were kept from her.
 
Then, thankfully, Robin spoke. “Do you… remember everything? Are you okay? You completely seemed to die on us…”
 
“I'm A-ok. Totally ok. Nothing's wrong. In fact, I feel the greatest I have in days. Everything is so clear now, and… I have more powers,” Raven finished with a flourish. Everyone around finally broke the spell of awkward silence. They spoke animatedly and happily. Starfire insisted that she throw a party for her friend Raven, and immediately began making who knows what. Raven then was persuaded to speak of her past. But, Raven left out large pieces of it; she didn't want them to know everything about her just yet- especially about Trian and her relationship with him. She also made up a lot of stuff too, and Kurama and Hiei eyed her when they knew something was incorrect.
 
*Lying now, are we? Tsk tsk.* Hiei shot the thought through Raven's head.
 
*Yup!* she replied in a cheery voice.
 
Their happiness was short lived however.
 
“That necklace was a good tracking device. My master did well to present it to you as a gift- a simple unsuspecting necklace.”
 
Everyone whipped around to face Kindor and a band of demons behind him. “Back, are you? What a surprise,” said Raven. Kindor merely ignored her and said to the others, “I would have expected all of you to seal the portal by now, but now you are too late! Demons are already terrorizing your city! And the portal cannot be closed!” And then he looked straight at Raven and said, “And my master still wants you in his possession.”
 
Raven looked at him coolly. “I would die before I became one of his possessions. In fact, he would die before he ever got me to be his possession.” The others looked at Raven in shock. Her attitude had changed, and she seemed a lot more confident.
 
With a calmly spoken word, “Mislayr,” (don't even ask me about the pronunciation. It's just a word that I clawed out of my brain.) And the glowing of Raven's eyes, Kindor truly died on the spot. He was truly dead. He did not even have time to scream. With shrieks and yells, the band of demons came after Raven. Robin, Hiei, and Kurama immediately went in front of Raven, willing to protect her. But Raven silently shooed them aside urgently and yelled, “Parwe!” Raven's eyes glowed and a black and white wall of power close lined in on them. Everything living that touched it immediately turned to ashes. Everyone gaped at her. This was not the Raven that the Teen Titans knew.
 
Raven had a serene smile on her face as she turned around to face them. “Okay… now that the trash has been taken out, now we can get down to business. Robin? Yusuke? I trust both of you to lead the others to fight against the demons. We don't want this city to go to the dumps. We need to fix this place up. And stop looking at me like I'm insane. This is how I am. If you want more cynicalness and rudeness and meanness, I'd be happy to oblige. Besides, now would be a good time fore cruelty, there's going to be a war, and sadly enough, I believe I have started this war. Make sure you continue to keep your guard up. Be ready for any attack.”
 
“And how `bout you, Raven? Where will you be during at this time? Shouldn't you be under protection, away from the fighting?” Robin looked concernedly at her.
 
“Always concerned about friends. That was always one of your best qualities. But no, I need no protection. I will attack at the core. I'm going to Kindor to stop this once and for all. Besides, I'm curious as to why he wants me so much right now. What a pervert.” Raven smiled teasingly.
 
*Did Rae just crack a joke?!!?!?!?!?* Beastboy screamed in his head.
*Yes.* replied Hiei.
 
Beastboy immediately looked creeped out. He looked around him frantically. “Did you just hear that??” Everyone around him just shook their heads, and then ignored him.
 
*Who was that?! I know you're there somewhere!!* Beastboy yelled the thoughts.
*You idiot. I'm a ghost that you can only hear...* Hiei said, snickering.
BEastboy fainted. Everyone looked at him for a moment, and decided to leave him alone- he'd come to when he felt like it.
 
“I'll go through that portal that the demons have spoke of so often and seal if after I go through. I'll make sure that none go back through that portal. It seems you'll have enough to deal with. And besides, I'm pretty sure there will be more portals popping up all over the place. And I'm leaving right now. Guard this city with your life, because it's the only place I can call home.” With that, Raven whipped around and left the tower.
 
The others watched the door slowly close. Robin and Yusuke quickly became the leaders and led the others to the city. Cyborg, Beastboy, and Starfire followed in silence, knowing that the outcome of this so called war would not be pretty. Kuwabara, Botan, Hiei, Kurama, and Genkai also followed after them silently, fearing the future of Raven and what she called “home.”
 
Raven quickly arrived at the portal. The portal was a simple shining hole in the air. She took a deep breath and prepared to go through it.
 
*Did you really mean to leave without us, onnanoko (again, if that's wrong, slap me. I'm pretty sure its right though… because I am learning…)?* a voice shot through her head.
 
*Ahh… Hiei… is Kurama there as well…?*
 
*I am here, Raven. And if I may say it was rather rude of you to leave us out of this.*
 
*Yes. I do believe you owe us an apology. And did you really think that you could leave without us? We are a part of this you know. Stupid girl.* Hiei said loudly.
 
Raven chuckled. *I'm sorry.*
 
Kurama and Hiei landed gracefully on the ground behind her. They looked at her in an annoyed fashion. She looked at them, happy at that moment that they were her friends. And that they weren't her enemies. She owed them a bunch.
 
And all together, they stepped into the portal.
 
~*~
 
Me the author: I was supposed to get it up on Saturday. I'm really sorry Tatsuki-chan (AKA hi-chankurara) ~! I hope this chapter was good enough and didn't bore you to death… but anyways, next chapter will be up soon… bye peoples for now~! Oooo and now that I think about it, it was a rather short chapter…. I seriously need to work on that and make it longer….