Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Confronting Her Past ❯ What's with all the Soldiers? ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: same as usual. I don't own any of these characters.
 
Me the author: Man, am I in pain!! It's already been a couple of days since Friday, but I'm still in pain. We played a trivia game during a class, and it's where we go into the gym, separate into groups, and the teacher reads the question out loud, and if we know it, we yell “throw” and he hits the ball with a racket, and we go chasing after it. Well, we only had 12 kids in our class that day, because everyone left for break early, and the gym wasn't open, so we went into the racquetball court. Wooden floor. 4 walls. Brutal classmates. Chaotic struggle after a simple ball. Pain!! I was going after the ball, and Rachel (I hate her. I really do.) comes behind me and tackles me and, I trip, grab the ball, get flipped over one of my guy friends and then slam onto my back. Ouch. Did I say that I have bruises on my knees and back and arms, and everywhere?! But it was an AWESOME game! Oh yah, and then the guys thought it would be funny to grab my feet when I was just about to run after the ball. I fell flat on my face and kinda got tangled up with some of the guys. Awkward much. But really funny. Our teacher was just laughing at us the whole time. Cruel guy…. ANYWAYS, enough of my boring school story, and on with what you've been waiting for~! Oh! And a reminder to…… REVIEW~!
 
Oh yah! Some note that might help:
 
These star/asterisk thingies- *bleh*, indicates mind speaking crap.
And you should know what these are: “bleh” talking normally, no duh~! ^^
 
 
~*~
 
Chapter 8 What's with all the Soldiers?
 
Raven opened her eyes slowly, but then blinking rapidly to blink out the haziness. She found herself half sitting half lying on the ground. She looked up. Kurama and Hiei leaned down to look down at her. Kurama looked down at her concernedly, whereas Hiei kept a straight face, laughing pointedly at her through his thoughts. Raven looked at him coolly and then stuck out her tongue childishly at him. Hiei was taken aback, and Kurama badly suppressed a smile.
 
Raven got up and stretched. She could see the city from the alley she was standing in. As she looked at the city from deep inside the alley, 2 guards pulled and dragged a human- at least one that looked like it. But wait, were those ears? Raven gasped. “Wait! That's a half-demon! Wait! He looks familiar! Wait… Wait here!” She said frantically.
 
*Too many “wait's”…* Hiei thought.
 
“Wait! Raven!! Raven! Wait!” yelled Kurama after her.
 
*Augh… What's with people and their “wait's”?* Hiei groaned inwardly.
 
Raven ran out of the alley quickly. She immediately found out that her choice had been foolish. If she had not pulled herself back into the alley, the soldiers that were marching through the city would have seen her and taken her away.
 
Soldiers were swarming all over the city. The crashed through doors and killed men, women and children who got in their way. There was screaming, fires blazing, houises crumbling to the ground, and the stench of death rising with the fumes of the smoky fires. Raven watched in unveiled anger and horror, not noticing that Hiei and Kurama had caught up with her. Wordlessly and with a simple invisibility spell, she walked out of the alley and followed the soldiers dragging the half-demon.
 
As she followed the soldiers, she studied the half demon. She was sure that she knew who he was.
 
*Shaggy blue hair, wide grey eyes, muscular but slight build, really tall, about her age, lots of power, disguised in human form, perfect face, really really cute… Ah! I know! Sa…. A….. Suka!! Odd name… Wait, where's his sister?*
 
She watched Suka closely. Suka was definitely having fun being captured. He was tripping the soldiers and throwing things at them with his mind. Raven laughed inwardly. But, she was confused. Why hadn't he escaped yet? This was unlike him. He might have loved teasing people and picking on them, but he hated being captured. Unless… Raven looked around her, seeking out the reason he was staying captured. There! Raven spied on top of roof, a young woman, crouching there, and watching Suka and the soldiers holding him. Raven smiled knowingly. He was letting this girl join in the fun.
 
Raven watched, laughing quietly. But then, Suka's head perked up. He had sensed something, and Raven had a feeling that he had sensed herself, and Hiei and Kurama.
 
Oh crap. Hiei and Kurama don't know that this is all for fun. Raven looked quickly behind her.
 
Hiei and Kurama were gone. She whipped her head forward, to see them stealthily sneaking up to the soldiers. And with a clash of metal, and frantic shouts, the soldiers holding Suka were sprawled on the ground, dead. Of course, the other soldiers noticed this and came running over to maintain the situation.
 
The young woman that had been on the roofs, leaped down agilely and landed in front of the two guys.
 
“What'd ya do that for?! You're ruining all the fun!! If you really want to fight and kill and all that crap, I suppose you can go on ahead,” she had had to change the course of what she was going to tell them by nodding her chin to the direction of the oncoming soldiers. She then ran over to Suka, but continued to glare at Hiei and Kurama. Hiei and Kurama simply stared at her, their faces were expressionless.
 
*What's with her?* asked Hiei mildly.
*Why are you worrying about that?! If you haven't noticed there's, oh, let's say, like soldiers everywhere!!* Raven rolled her eyes and made herself visible.
 
Suka and his sister looked at the sudden appearance of Raven and shook his head.
 
“Shall we put an end to this?” he asked, looking coolly at the soldiers that had begun surrounding them. With a flip of the wrist he shot fire at the soldier in front of him. The soldier, distracted by dodging the fierce flame, was knocked down in his moment of hesitation by Suka's sister who kicked him in the crotch and shot him over her head. Kurama, with a flourish swung out his rose whip and whipped it at the tentative soldier. (man… do I feel bad for him. Let's just say. Brutalness~ ><') Hiei, with lightning speed slashed down all of the soldiers around him.
 
Raven looked around. She sighed exasperatedly and shouted, “Let's just end this already!!” Knowing what was coming, Kurama backed up with Hiei, who was rolling his eyes, toward Raven. Suka and his sister followed them. “I knew it was her…” Suka muttered under his breath.
 
Ryalwol!” Raven shouted as her eyes glowed, and her hand gestured to the soldiers. The soldiers were definitely having a bad day. Before one could say “hoozamoonga (hehehe… my friend made that word up….)” they were blasted apart. Suka slapped his hand onto his forehead and shook it, quite aggravated.
 
Raven grinned. Now this was her specialty. She loved to feel the screaming soul leave the body, she loved killing, and she lived for brutality. Kurama raised brows at this scene. Raven was being unnaturally… evil…
 
“Same old Raven… Same old Raven…” Suka said, looking sadly at her.
 
“But with a more evil streak, sheesh,” said Suka's sister.
 
Everyone looked at Raven, who was surrounded by carnage. Raven suddenly gasped. What had she just done?
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~ at a dark mysterious castle *~*~*~*~*~**~*~~*~
 
“So she has accepted my rose… how kind of her to do so… now my job will be much… easier… With the rose on her, she won't be able to last for long…. Not for long at all….”
 
The man laughed, knowing that the end of Raven's life was closer that she knew.
 
!*!
Me the author: I finally posted it. I'm finally done with chapter 8!! I'm sorry it took a while. I've been caught up in other work. Next chappie coming… sometime… ^^