Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction / Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction / Outlaw Star Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ The Reaper ❯ True Power of Zero, Iron Saurer's Rampage ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Do I really have to say it by now.

Just so you all know, this is not the last chapter. One maybe two more to go, depends on how I feel about it. In this chapter Isalina sees her human grandmother. It's her because Nate's real mother is infused into Ronak. Eric gets a Zoid of his own, not the kind you're probably expecting. The Backdraft wasn't completely destroyed, only the base of operations was blown away. They have other smaller bases scattered all over Zi. The Backdraft attacks, and destroys the Zeros base. What did they do it with? A Zoid just as fast and as powerful as the Death Raptor. You can guess what happens to it when it faces the Raptor Zero. As you can probably guess, the Raptor doesn't need the CAS anymore. Rest of the chapter is a secret.

` ' thought

(A/N:) Author's note

***** position/time change

<< >> television

Chapter 13: True Power of the Zero, Iron Saurer's Rampage

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Time: 4 PM

Place: Toros base, hangar

Date: same as last chapter

"Now just close your eyes and concentrate," Nate said his daughter who was sitting in her Liger's cockpit. Sen was still merged with it from the previous battle and had been updated on the situation.

"Okay Dad," Isa answered closing her eyes and relaxing. Nate jumped down and the cockpit closed. None of the lights were on inside, it was dark. Isa was afraid of the dark, but right now, she was very calm.

*****

"You can open your eyes," Isa heard a woman's voice. She cracked open one eye and saw something out of one of the pictures at her base. When I told you before than his mother looks like Melfina, I wasn't exaggerating. Her hair was a little longer than Melfina's, and her eyes were slightly smaller. Those are the only differences.

"Grandma?" she asked opening her eyes fully now. Erica Sindel nodded. Isa then noticed that she was sitting, and her grandmother was standing. She quickly stood and hugged Erica around the waist.

(A/N: I'm going to call her Erica because that is her name. I'm not planning to do this again.)

Erica bent down and picked her granddaughter up. She looked into the girl's eyes.

"You have your father's eyes," she said.

Isa nodded and said, "Everyone tells me that. But all my life he's had the fake, cybernetic eyes."

"But he didn't today," she started to walk carrying Isa. "I gave him back his eyes, those others didn't suit him."

"I agree, and his arms too?"

"Actually, Ronak did that," Erica said, "Organoids have that kind of power. They can also restore memories just as easily as they can limbs."

Isa had her arms around Erica's neck and was sitting in the crook of her arm.

"Grandma, how did you die?" this was the question that Erica was not exactly ready to answer.

"I wasn't really expecting you to ask so soon," she said. "I died protecting your father from the Red Dragon Syndicate. Because of that Julia joined it to take it down from the inside. But her main reason was that she loved someone on the inside."

"But you were dead before she did that," Isa said not finding the logic in this.

"I was dead, but I never truly left. I was always watching over my children."

"Like you do with me, here?"

"Mmhm," Erica nodded.

"What happens when we die?"

"That's too hard to explain, even though I am dead."

"Okay, I can accept that."

"Isa, is it okay if I call you Isa?" Erica asked, Isa nodded. "I'm not sure what to say, I'm just so happy to finally meet you." She hugged Isa tightly to her not wanting to let go. "Do you want to leave, or would you like to stay and see my world."

"I'd like to stay," Isa said hugging her grandmother back.

*****

Time: 6 PM

Place: outside the Toros base

Nate was testing the Raptor's new speed and agility on the rock formations around the base. So far he was speechless as to how much maneuverability it could have at such speeds. The flexor horns, which are the horns on its head. They are really just two long blades made of interlocking sections. One of them whipped out, extending as far as it could go, and sliced off the top of a rock.

"Nate, turn on the news, there's something you should see," Mayuka said over the com.

"Okay," he turned on the screen in front of him to the news at six.

<<And today a horrible tragedy befell the home base of the Zeros team. An unknown Zoid using a Super Charged Particle Cannon was seen, by our judge satellite, demolishing the base. We can only guess that the bases inhabitants were not in at the moment.>> a paper was handed to him <<This just in the Zeros team was not there, they are at the Toros base. Nothing of any value was lost in the base's destruction. Thankfully->>

Nate turned it off right then and there.

"Load up the Zoids, we're going there," he said.

"But what about Isa?" Mayuka asked.

"Load the Liger in there too, it's not immobile."

"`Kay, we'll be ready in less than ten minutes," she said and the screen went blank.

Another face appeared, one Nate had hoped he wouldn't see. This face was gaunt, but full, with high cheek bones, and beady nervous looking eyes. But these eyes were only nervous-looking; they actually radiated confidence. Raven black hair fell down past the edge of the screen, hiding one of the eyes; the eye it hid had a half-moon scar around it.

"Hello Tyran," the man said smiling, "it's been a while."

"Daken, you son of a bitch," Nate spat at him, "how could you do something like this?"

"It was easy, my dream is to wipe out all life on Zi. Organic, Zoid, and anything in between. My Deathsaurer was suppose to help me do this, but when the population was so scarce it found that it couldn't sense any Zoidians. So it shut down," Daken said full of confidence.

"You betrayed everyone you ever cared about," Nate retorted, "Your own sister, my father, your niece, and me, your nephew. We were the only family you had and you tried to kill us."

"Yes, but do you know what's it's like to have real power?"

"I'm sitting in it right now."

Daken laughed a high, cold, demonic laugh; sending a chill down Nate's spine.

"The Zoid I now possess is real power, and nothing can stop it, not even your puny, little Raptor Zero. I know where you are, and when I get there, I'm going to finish what I started those hundreds of years ago."

"I'm going to have to kill you."

"Go ahead, almighty Reaper. Be the judge, jury and executioner, if you can beat me."

"If you want it, you got it, dear Uncle," Nate closed the com-link, he just could take it anymore. He just couldn't bear to tell his family and friends that it was his uncle trying to kill them.

*****

Isa was having trouble saying good bye to her grandmother. She liked this place so much, and wanted to stay longer, but Erica had told her that the Zoid was being moved.

"Why is it being moved?" she asked.

"Because its current location is in danger," Erica told the girl she was still holding. "You have to leave, no one can stay here for more than twelve hours. No one living."

"Okay, bye Grandma," Isa said hugging Erica and then she took a step back. She closed her eyes and felt the fading feeling she felt when she first arrived.

*****

Mayuka stood at the controls of the Whale King. All the Zoids were loaded except for the Raptor Zero and the Liger Zero. A large topographical map covered the window to the outside. On it were two small dots, and a slightly larger dot. She hated the idea that everyone was taking the situation so lightly. Everyone, except for the obvious people.

"Hey Mom," Isa said walking in the door.

"When did you get back?" Mayuka asked picking up the blue-haired girl.

"A few minutes ago, it was cool to see Grandma. Where's Dad?"

"Down there," she pointed through the window at the white Zoids running below the Whale King. "Our home was destroyed," she said bluntly.

"Why?"

"I don't know, I do know it was someone with a sick mind, and a powerful Zoid."

"More powerful than the Raptor?"

"Not a chance," she tried to sound reassuring, but she wasn't even sure herself.

*****

The others were all below decks, in the living area of the giant Zoid. They sat on the circular couch, watching TV. It was just the members of the Blitz teams. They weren't going to drag anyone else into this battle. They didn't even know why they were here; all they knew was that Bit was heading out. And we all know how loyal Leena is, well…um…now she is. Toros had insisted they load up their Zoids into the Whale King and go along. Good choice.

"So, Eric, what kind of Zoid do you want to get?" Toros asked his grandson.

"I want a Genosaurer," the boy on his lap said.

"What about something a bit more in our price range, and besides Genosaurers don't just show up at your local Zoid market," Toros said laughing nervously. "What about a Shield Liger, or maybe a Command Wolf."

"I want a strong Zoid, those are weak."

"Uh…well…-" Toros was scratching the back of his head thinking of what to say when he was cut off bye Bit.

"Doc, do you have insurance on the base and everything there?" Bit asked over the com.

"Yeah, why?"

"Turn on the screen and see."

Toros did as he was told and saw a Zoid like none he had ever seen. Well, maybe not like any he had ever seen. It looked suspiciously like the Berserk Fury, but it was slimmer, longer, and taller. Its legs were long, but had large, thick, silver-colored plates of armor on them. Its arms were long, and thick; also covered in thick, armor. Its head was long and gradually thinned towards the end. It's tail was long, but not overly long, again, every segment, covered in long plates of thick armor. Along its back were long black spines, starting at the base of the neck and extending all the way to the end of the tail. A lot like the Dark Spiner, but it's not.

"Iron Saurer," Toros gasped in a whisper.

"Iron Saurer?" Bit asked somewhat confused.

"It's a legendary Zoid I read about at the academy. People have spent their entire lives searching for it, but have found nothing," Toros informed him. "No one really knows where it came from, all we know is that it has unnatural power."

"I think it's using that power right now."

The Iron Saurer bent low, securing itself with the struts on the back of its legs. The flaps on its neck and tail opened. The spines along it back followed suit, standing straight up. Lightening flowed around the spines, jumping from one to the other, and back to where it started. Opening its mouth, the Zoid revealed two cannon barrels, side by side. It fired both at once. The base was obliterated in an instant.

"NO!" Leena yelled, shoving her father out of the way to see what's going on. "Our base, this isn't fair! Whoever did this is gonna pay! BIG TIME!"

"at least it was ensured," Toros sighed then turned to Eric. "Maybe we can get you that Genosaurer now."

Eric wasn't really listening though, he was busy watching his mother storm down the hallway towards the hangar. All he did was nod.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you Leena," Nate told her as soon as she was in the cockpit.

"And why not?" she screamed at him.

"Think for once would you," he yelled back, shutting her up. "If something had enough power to destroy your base, and mine, how well do you think you would do against it?"

Leena was silent after that, and slowly got out of her Gun Sniper. She dropped to the ground and cried just a little bit. Everything she had known was inside that base. Now it was gone, and all she wanted was revenge. She understood why Nate despised the Backdraft more than most people. Instead of tolerating them, he took them out.

*****

Nate was not happy with how this was turning out. Two bases gone, and he was to blame. Though, the news was right, nothing important was destroyed in the blast. All the pictures were on the Whale King. Copies were in the base. How's that for being prepared. All he wanted right now was out. Out of this goddamned nightmare he was having. Then the worst thing he could possibly imagine happened, the royal family called.

"Tyran, I have a transmission," Mayuka said using his real name, "I'm patching it through to you now."

"Nate, how are you?" Tenchi asked when his face appeared on the screen.

"I'm a little busy right now," he said not looking at Tenchi. "What do you want?"

"News of what you have done has reached us, and can't begin to tell you how thankful I am that you protected my daughter."

"Anything else?"

"Yes, I would like you and your family to move here to Jurai."

"No," Nate replied very coldly.

"Why not?"

"I won't have my daughter growing up on a place where she'll be pampered and won't have to lift a finger. She's also not marrying anyone you choose her too, she'll choose herself. You have no authority over Zi, or the Earth solar system anymore, therefore, your word means nothing."

This outburst caught Tenchi completely by surprise; Sasami was equally surprised, though, she had expected Nate to do this. She understood that Nate would accept no one's help, and neither would her granddaughter.

"I wish you would reconsider, Zi is too dangerous for Isalina."

"You're acting like a complete fool," Nate snapped. "My daughter is never going to Jurai, and neither are myself or Mayuka."

"That's exactly what she said," Tenchi said hanging his head as if he was ashamed of something.

"Ronak, end transmission," Nate commanded.

"Wait, don't do thi-," Tenchi started but the screen went blank and Nate was now in total silence.

"If he tries that again, we'll have to show him how serious we are, won't we Ronak?" Nate asked, the Zoid roared approvingly. "Ronak, I have a favor to ask you. I need you beat the Iron Saurer to a oily pulp, but leave Daken to me."

Nate reached over and pulled out his caster, already loaded with a number 1 shell (A/N: 1, in my opinion, must be the most powerful, 20 being the weakest. That's my theory.). He stared out the front of the Raptor's cockpit, visualizing the battle to come.

"Nate, what's the plan?" Bit asked running beside him with the Jager armor.

"It's simple, you head back, and I take him out."

"Sounds good, should I head back now?"

"Sure I'll take ya," Nate said and the Raptor opened the pods and spreads the wings. The Zoid jumped into the air and latched onto the back of the Liger Zero. Lifting up off the ground they headed for the Whale King. After putting the Liger inside, the Raptor Zero took off again; boosters on it's back opened and it blasted away. "I'll be back."

*****

Daken stood atop the Iron Saurer, watching as the Raptor Zero got steadily closer. He smiled a ruthless smile; few would have stayed if he gave them that look.

"Now we get to put that fool in his place," he said to the silver Organoid behind him. "You know what to do Hilt."

Let me tell you a bit about Daken Mokona. He is Nate/Tyran's uncle, on his mother's side. Physically, he isn't much, but in a Zoid, with his Organoid Hilt, nothing could stand in his way. He is the one who designed and built the first Deathsaurer. He believed that the population of Zi had gone done a dark path, and decided to correct it himself. He was the one who personally set the charges on the gate which interrupted the program, causing it to close before the ship was fully through. He had done this to get rid of Nate before he could find out who he was, but it failed.

"Come and get me little boy," he said opening the cockpit and getting in, "and prepare for your end."

"Daken Mokona!" Nate yelled.

The Raptor landed about 20 meter away from the Iron Saurer. Both Zoids snarled at each other and stayed where they were, waiting for their pilots to give them an order (A/N: I am calling them pilots because I do not consider Backdraft affiliates real warriors.). Nate's hand was on the throttle, the other on the control stick. He glared at the smiling picture of his uncle on the monitor. Daken was in a similar position, his hands were on controls like in the Liger's cockpit. His seat was slightly reclined, and on either side were the weapon controls.

The Zoids began to circle each other, snarling, hissing, and snapping. Their long tails whipping around, every once in a while the tips touched, creating a spark. Ronak, which I am calling the Raptor Zero from now on, glared at Hilt, which I am calling the Iron Saurer from now on. That's when it began.

Nate punched the throttle forward, moving in the blink of an eye to the enemy Zoid. Before he could slash down, Hilt was gone. Ronak torso twisted around and they saw Hilt behind them. The claws dug in as Ronak landed, already turned around. Hilt ran forward, and Nate decided to meet him halfway. Claws dug into the rocky ground as Ronak charged Hilt. Both Zoids sidestepped in the same direction. Ronak swiped out.

"Strike Iron Claw!" Nate yelled, and Ronak's claw ripped the armor clean off Hilt's right arm.

With that same arm Hilt grabbed Ronak's leg and flipped him into the air. Ronak landed and stood to face a worthy enemy.

"This is fun!" Daken said.

"Yeah, finally, someone to test my true skill," Nate replied smiling a small amused smile.

Ronak charged again, but this time it was different. At the moment he reached Hilt, he feinted to the right, seeing that Hilt was about to move to the left (Hilt's left, meaning Ronak's right. That's why he went right.). Ronak flipped the forehead spike forward and sliced off Hilt's unarmored right arm.

"Dammit!" Daken cursed at the boy.

Hilt wasn't done yet. He whipped around, and his tail smashed Ronak across the face. Nate was thrown around in the cockpit, but his restraints kept him from being seriously hurt. Hilt charged, ramming the extremely armored head against Ronak's; as a result the forehead spike, cracked, and broke. Ronak's claws whipped out again and again. Hilt was till standing, though, its chest armor was ripped off, and lay shredded on the ground. Also, its left arm had been sliced in half at the elbow.

Hilt jumped back before Ronak could slice at him with his tail. It dug in with its claws and dropped the struts on the legs. The long flaps on its neck and tail opened, and the spines along its back stood straight and danced with lightening. The Iron Saurer's mouth opened revealing the twin cannons again. The red ball was already forming.

Nate understood what Daken was doing; a challenge to see which cannon was stronger. Ronak settled into a firing position, the claws digging themselves into the ground. Flaps on the neck and tail opened, and the flexor horns whipped forward. Blue lightening ran up and down the length of the Raptor's body. The wings spread wide, and flipped so that the top was forward. On the bottom small turbines opened, spinning rapidly, building up the power for the cannons.

"Are you ready to see which will survive?" Daken asked a smirk placed firmly on his lips.

"Do you really hafta ask?" Nate replied a very amused smile on his face. "We both know the answer."

Both Zoids fired at the same time, and the beams met in the middle. The red beams from Hilt mixed with the blue from Ronak. Each pushing equally hard, but Ronak was pushing Hilt back. The silver Zoid was skidding back across the rocky surface of the battlefield. The struts started to buckle until, at last, they snapped. Hilt fell back and the point where the beams met was broken, and the Super Charged Particle Cannons were aimed up instead of straight. The blue beam from the QPC lanced straight through the Iron Saurer's chest, destroying the Zoid Core, along with Hilt.

The top of the Zoid's head exploded outward, and the command seat was ejected. Nate took the cannons offline and opened the cockpit. He jumped out, hit the ground, and pulled out his caster. Taking careful aim he fired the number 1 shell. A small ball of white light the size of a bullet smashed through the chair and Daken. Nate suddenly felt as if all the life in his body was being ripped from him. He fell to the ground, struggling to stay conscious. After a few moments of heavy breathing he stood up and motioned for Ronak to stoop down. The Zoid complied and he jumped back into the cockpit. Turning the Raptor around he opened the engines and took off.

TBC

Hey everybody, Bit Cloud here, odd way to end the chapter. Anyway, what the hell, the Liger's glowing, and what's with the Schneider, it's glowing too. It might have something to do with the last battle we had, against Team Crusher. Gack! Leena Cloud here to lay down the law for you, hey, my gun sniper's changing, why is that. Dad, do you know what's going on? Don't miss the next chapter of The Reaper: Day of Evolution, X and Master Show Themselves. Ready…FIGHT!

I decided to try something different, hope you like it.