Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction / Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction / Outlaw Star Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ The Reaper ❯ Omegasaurer's Birth ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Zoids, though I really, really wish I did.

Okay, last chapter was not much of a cliff hangar. I'm glad to see that at least one person knew that X-18999 was the colony that Dakem Barton planned to drop on Earth as a part of Operation Meteor. I used that since the Zenebas plan is similar, but nothing like it. Such as a colony drop is an abominable idea, and an even more inhuman act; thus is letting the Omegasaurer loose upon the people of Zi. That is why I chose that codename for it. Did anyone like the idea of Kana joining the Zeros team? I felt that they needed three people.

" " speech

` ' thought

( ) author's notes

*****scene change

The Reaper

Chapter 21: Omegasaurer's Birth

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Nate felt that time at the beach should be well spent after such a victory, but the disappearance of those armors was still bugging him. Ronak refused to say anything, as did the other Ultimate X's. He figured that the best thing to do was let these events play out to a conclusion he knew was coming. There was something else nagging him, the fact that Kana didn't know where the Zenebas main base was. There were two answers; either Sigren had thought ahead and wiped that bit of info from her memory, or she just never knew at all. This paragraph is all besides the point of this chapter, just some information to catch you up.

Their section of the beach was practically empty, save for the few people running the snack shacks. It was in the middle of the off tourist season, but there were still those who came. This is where we find the entire Zeros, Blitz, Lightening, Blade, and Imperial teams. Yes, Pierce and Stoller showed up; it was sort of the anniversary of when Nate destroyed the Deathsaurers. Most of the teams present at the event were at the beach. All of Zi was celebrating, and you'd think people would be at the beach. Well, I don't really know why the beach is deserted, I'll think of something.

They were pretty much scattered around; the younger ones, were playing in the water, Isalina was working on her tan, Bit, Leena, Brad, Naomi, Leon, Ricki, Jamie, and Danni were all playing four-on-four volleyball; husbands versus wives. Eric was keeping score, since they were concentrating too hard to notice.

Nate had decided not to play, seeing as how his side would have an obvious advantage. The feeling that Sigren was close was too much to bear, so he went to be alone with his thoughts. To him, this was only partly a day of victory, mostly it was a day of grief for all the innocent Zoids that were destroyed. He understood he had to do what he had to do, and back then he had enjoyed it, but now he felt sorrow. He was sitting at the end of a long rock jetty that extended out from the beach. He watched as the sun moved across the sky, and silently said a prayer to the god, Rela, he knew wasn't there. It just felt right to him, or was it the memories of his mother that wanted him to.

The amount of Zenebas life signals he was receiving from the sea was almost staggering. They were all there, every last one. He could count 150 in all, and 136 organoids present in the complex. It was more than 1000 miles away, a last stand created over a millennia ago during the war against the Deathsaurer. He knew this because his memory had returned. The exact coordinates eluded him, but he knew the general area, and this was of great importance.

Even though he tried to stop thinking about it, something Erica had told him kept bugging him.

"You have the power to do great things Nate, greater than you, or I, anyone could ever imagine," she had said all those years ago, and those words stuck.

But no matter how hard he tried he couldn't find this power. He was beginning to think it was just a figure of speech.

"Then how do you explain the psychokenisis?" he asked himself as he dropped onto his back, staring up at the sky. "I just don't know."

The clouds passed by overhead, and he watched them, thinking about what it would be like to live life like a cloud. Never staying too long in one place too long, always moving, no one bothering you, just living a normal life. But his life was nothing but normal since the day he got to this stupid planet. He smashed his arm against the boulder next to him and heard it crumble. That fateful day he met the Blitz team, believing they would be an easy win, which they were, but then he was pulled into this whole thing. He wished he could go back and stop himself from doing that. But if he had, then the events that lead to the present day him would never have happened, he wouldn't have all these friends; but there would always be Mayuka, she was what truly mattered.

"Nate, why are you out here all by yourself?" he heard Mayuka asked as she walked up to him.

"You really have to asked, after so long?"

"I suppose not, mind if I think with you?"

"Never have, never will," he said smirking and moving over for her to sit down.

"Look at all of them, so carefree and unknowing," she said watching the people on the beach.

"Leave them alone, they say ignorance is bliss, on some levels that's true."

"I guess, but still, they should realize that the Zenebas could attack at any time," she turned around to look out over the ocean. "You can feel them, can't you?"

"Yes, the last of their kind, it truly is a waste, if they would only listen to reason."

"If you were them, would you listen."

"I am one of them, and no, I wouldn't listen. But that is besides the point, what if you were them, huh, course you would listen, it's in your nature. Us, we were great warriors, but some wanted to be greater than others, and built the Deathsaurer. Imagine the looks on their faces when it killed them; pain and anguish of creating something that would almost bring a mass extinction to Zi," he said looking down off the very edge of the jetty.

"What do you mean it's in my nature?"

"You're Juraian, of course you'll be open to diplomacy, its how Jurai became so powerful," he laid back down to stare at the clouds again, thinking, `Anyone could see that Jurai only promotes peace to build its own forces and stay in control of their part of the galaxy.'

Suddenly a feeling of immense discomfort overcame him. A Zoid core was being activated; a Zoid core of immense size and power. This Zoid, he knew about this Zoid, five times the size of the Raptor Zero, and that's almost four times the size of the Deathsaurer. He knew why this Zoid core was so huge, because it wasn't compressed like the Deathsaurer's it had enough room to fully extend itself. This core was made from the four remaining Iron Saurers, and a single, large, base core.

"I can't believe they actually plan to use that," he said standing up.

"Use what?" Mayuka asked standing up with him.

"No time to explain, just come on," he grabbed her arm and ran back down the jetty to the shore.

He didn't stop there, they went all the way back to the Whale King, and returned shortly afterward with the Raptor Zero and Blue Fury. They stepped out onto the beach, and looked down on the others.

"Leave now, this is not a good place to be right now," he said to them.

"What do you mean leave, if there's gonna be a fight we are staying," Bit yelled back.

"I don't have time to debate this, go NOW!" Nate yelled, the sand around the Raptor Zero rippled with the vibrations.

The others left, some of them grumbling about how bossy he was. It didn't matter to him, what he was concerned with was where this thing was going to breach. His eyes closed and he slid back in his seat, relaxing and letting the mental interface take over. He listened, concentrating on the Raptor's hearing.

Then he felt it, a slight rumbling. The sand beneath his feet began to shift, bulging upward. His eyes snapped open and he shoved Mayuka out of the way before jumping aside himself. A split second later the beach exploded outward in a shower of sand and small stones. From the hole rose the head of something the likes of which Zi had never seen before.

It looked like the head on that American made Godzilla movie (pretty good movie in my opinion, if you haven't seen it I suggest you do so you know what this thing looks like). The lower jaw was massive compared to the thin upper jaw. There were two rows of teeth, one row pointing down, the other row pointing out diagonally from the upper and lower jaw. It had massive pieces of black armor plated around it. Then an arm rose out and grabbed a handfull of earth and began to pull itself out. Large dorsal spines graced its shoulders as more of it came into view. After that came a leg, a huge leg more than twice as much around as the Raptor and Fury.

When it was fully out of the hole it stood to its full height, at least five times taller than the Raptor Zero. It shook itself to get the sand off then looked up at the world for the first time. Stretching itself out it showed to be much more than five times longer than the Raptor.

"Shit," Nate said and looked around the leg at Mayuka. "You okay?"

"Not really, that shove knocked my left arm out of commission," she said checking the damage.

"Hello Tyran, how do you like the X-18999?" Sigren asked from the cockpit located deep within the Zoid.

"I can't believe you went this far, to awaken the Omegasaurer is too much," Nate said running underneath the massive Zoid to get to the Blue Fury. "Run, now."

They both turned around and ran in the opposite direction of the Omegasaurer, which, as Nate had planned, followed. For ten of their steps, this Zoid took only one, and it wasn't even at full speed.

"Grat and kif, eh, fine I'll play along," Sigren said laughing a little. Grat and kif, two animals like a cat and mouse, I didn't think that the ancient zoidians would have the names for animals humans do; think about it, it'll make sense, all in good time.

*****

They ran and ran, the Omegasaurer followed, only a few steps behind. Its bulk was not slowing it down in the least, but Nate had a feeling it couldn't move at speeds on more than 700kph. If he was right, they had a chance to get away, if he was wrong, then it would keep following them till their Zoids lost power.

"May, get ready to move at maximum speed," he said, already pushing the Raptor's throttle faster.

"Right," she pushed the Fury's throttle up also.

"On three…three."

They both punched the throttles and the engines on their backs of the Raptor and Blue Fury opened. They ran down the beach, kicking up an immense sandstorm behind them, blinding the Omegasaurer somewhat to their position. It speeded up, and Nate was right, the Omegasaurer was too large to sustain a speed greater than 700kph.

That didn't faze Sigren at all, the Omegasaurer stopped, two massive footlocks slammed into the ground. It bent forward, flaps opening on its neck and tail, spines raising on its back. The mouth opened the reveal a single massive cannon. A light began to well up inside the barrel, no ball forming outside like many other particle cannons.

"Shit!" Nate yelled looking over his shoulder. "May, you go right, I'll go left."

"But that's the ocean, you don't have the Beta armor," she said.

"I'll cope, now get ready, as soon as he fires, jump to the side, make it look like you've been blown up."

"I got it, then we'll meet up with the others?"

"Exactly."

"Omegasaurer, FIRE!" Sigren yelled, and the massive yellow beam streaked towards them. Given they were about three miles ahead of him, that didn't really matter at the moment.

"NOW!"

Nate jumped to towards the sea, hanging in the air for a second, while Mayuka turned sharply towards the trees bordering the beach. While he was in the air, the armor began to shift and move around. When he hit the water, the Beta armor was wrapped snuggly around the Raptor's body. He dove deep, and continued moving till he knew he was out of the Omegasaurer's tracking range. Mayuka did the same, moving at full speed till she was also out of range.

The beam touched down, obliterating everything within a radius of about two miles, it wasn't even at 1/20th of full power. It would take the QPC at 25 percent of power to make a hole that big. This cannon is the Tecca Cannon, a weapon more powerful than even the QPC. The only weapon more powerful than this is the cannon mounted in the satellite, now in a position to take out Tenraya City, the capital of the eastern continent.

"Oh well, let's head back Makan," Sigren said and the Omegasaurer turned around and headed back for the hole it had crawled out of (sorry, had to do it).

*****

Nate swam down deep and raced to the surface, and breech the water like a dolphin. Once he was in the air, the armor changed back to the Zero armor, and the wings unfurled. He stayed in midair for a few seconds before taking off in the direction of the shore. In minutes he was there, but he didn't stop, he knew where to go. The few hours he was gone, he knew the others had retreated to the safety of the Blitz team's base.

"So, you've been keeping it a secret huh?" Nate asked Ronak.

The Zoid growled as they neared the base. He had been wanting to surprise Nate somehow, but couldn't figure out the right way. This situation seemed to work. But right now was not the right time to be flaunting this new power of his. The Omegasaurer's power was being augmented by his own twin brother Makan. The only difference was that Makan was a lighter shade of red, more like an orange, and was slightly weaker than he was.

"Ronak, I'm actually amazed you could keep it a secret from me," he said laughing a little.

A few minutes later they were over the base, and the wings returned to their pods. The Raptor dropped straight down, landing with its legs bending so its body was only a few inches from the ground. The cockpit opened and Nate jumped out to be greeted by Mayuka, who ran up and hugged him.

"You haven't done that in years," he said slightly surprised.

"Well, you haven't done something like this in years," she replied punching him in the arm.

"Nate, what happened?" Bit asked walking up to him.

"Not much, other than the fact that we have huge fucking problem on our hands. The Zenebas have been looming over our heads for the past decade, ever since Daken had attacked with the Iron Saurer."

"Now this…what was it…Omegasaurer they're going to make an all out assault?"

"That's what I think they'll do."

"Then we need to get ready."

TBC

There, it's finally done. I'm so very sorry it took so long, I have school, and other stories, and all that. I hope you all understand. But I digress, how did you like the chapter? Good, bad, in the middle? Please review, I need to know what you think. And how's this, since I have other stories to tend to, I want five reviews on this story before I start the next chapter. This is just to by myself some time, and to force an opinion out of people. Thank you for reading and expect the next chapter before the end of the year. New character next chapter, and more memories resurface in Nate's head. I'm sorry for the chapter being shorter than most, but it was just about the Omegasaurer.