Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Kiryu ❯ love ( Chapter 22 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
“Kiryu and I can handle them easily.”
“Whatever you say Matt.”
“You guy’s can come and watch, but keep your distance and be ready to put the Hover Cargo’s shield up. Things are probably going to get ugly.”
“How ugly?”
“Lets put it this way Leena, four Zoids are equipped with charged particle guns and one is equipped with a Absolution Zero Cannon.”
“Right...”
“I’m going to make sure Kiryu’s FULLY functional.”
“Ok.” everyone said.
Everyone watched Matt worked on Kiryu and talk to the Zoids.
“I can’t help but to feel sorry for Matt. He lost his family and is all alone. I wish he’d let us help.”
“Don’t worry Leena, Matt asked me to load everyone’s Zoid just in case.”
“That’s nice to know. At least he’ll accept help if he needs it.”
Matt was taking a shower being that he worked up a sweat working on Kiryu. About halfway through his shower, Matt heard the door open.
“Damnit Bit, I told you I’m using the shower.”
“It’s not Bit Matt.”
“Amy?” Matt said, his head popping out from behind the shower door. “Hang on a sec.” Matt said as he turned off the shower. He stuck his head back out to find his robe to find Amy holding it out to him. He came out of the shower a minute later.
“What’s up Amy?”
“It’s about your battle tomorrow.”
“Yes?”
“Why do you have the Zoid battle commission deal with and its Genocide Team?”
“Because they started this mess.”
“Then why won’t you let us help?”
“I just told you why.” said Matt, leaning up against the wall.
“Then could you at least promise me one thing?”
“What?”
“Come back alive tomorrow?”
“Sure.”
“Thanks.”
“Why do you care so much about me and my fight tomorrow?”
“Because your the nicest person I’ve ever met. I don’t want to lose you.”
“There’s more to it than that isn’t there?” Matt said, smiling his lopsided smile.
Amy blinked in disbelief. “What do you mean?”
“You like me don’t you?” Amy seemed to shrink. “Yes...”
“Thought so.” said Matt. He leaned forward and kissed Amy on the forehead. “Don’t worry I’ll come back alive tomorrow. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to finish my shower.”
“K”