Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Kiryu ❯ Fight for ownership ( Chapter 23 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Amy walked out of the Bathroom and into her bedroom with butterflies in her stomach. When she got in she let out a joyful scream. Everyone in the base looked up from what they were doing wondering what it was all about.

The day had come. The battle of the century was about to begin. Everyone was watching nervously. Even the Zoid Battle Commission was watching, eager to see the outcome. Matt’s emerald eyes gleamed in anticipation. Kiryu was facing the GenoSaurers.
“When are they going to start?” asked Brad.
“No idea.” Almost as if Doc was he cue for the battle to start, the four Zoids roared to life. The middle GenoSaurer prepared it’s charged particle gun, while the other two spread out and started firing on Kiryu to keep it pinned. Kiryu was already gone from the spot it had been in as soon as the Saurers moved. Matt was after the one that had gone left. The two Zoids went into a close combat brawl. The other two Saurers had just stopped, deciding two take Matt on one at a time. Kiryu had suffer little damage yet, so Matt surmised he was fighting the weakest pilot. Matt had already ripped off one hand and severely damaged the rest of the Zoid.
“Time to finish this!” shouted Matt as Kiryu latched on to the GenoSaurer’s and twisted. The GenoSaurer fell over, damaged beyond belief. Matt aimed Kiryu’s shoulder rockets at the Zoid and finished what was left.
“Unreal!” said Jamie, speaking for everyone in the Hover Cargo.
“He took down a GenoSaurer in 1 minute! That can’t be possible!”
“Apparently, Matt is much better than he ever let on to us. Few Zoids can even stand up to a GenoSaurer. He took one down in 60 seconds.”
“well I’m impressed!”
“This is no time to be impressed Jessica.”
“So your not impressed with what just happened?”
“Well, I, uh...”
“Gottca!” Everyone just sighed.

Back on the battle field, Matt was approaching his next opponent. His next opponent started advancing and suddenly kicked on his engines. Matt was caught completely off guard and knocked off his feet. When Kiryu got back up, the Saurer had started to come around again. Matt filled his path with laserfire. The Saurer took a few hits but dodged most of the assault. Matt realized that the pilot knew close combat won’t work, so Matt started to run along side the GenoSaurer he was fighting. Each Zoid started firing on one another, each staying one step ahead of the other’s fire. The Genocide team’s leader realized Matt was a much better pilot than they thought. He figured he’d be the only one left on his team.

At the ZBC...
“I’ve never seen a battle like this.”
“Me neither.”
“It’s unreal.”
“The GenoSaurer and Kiryu, two of the most powerful Zoids ever built.