Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ Bandits ❯ Organoid Rodeo and The Shower Incident ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(A/N- yes, I know I haven't updated in a LONG time, I'm horrible. T_T You can smack me if you want. But I've had no inspiration, and even this is a writer's block chappie, so if it ain't good, don't blame me. I'll watch some of my taped Zoids episodes and regain some of that inspiration, d'accord? Merci beaucoup.)

'What is that sound?' Van wondered as he rolled over in his bed, after being woken up by all that thumping. 'Heh, probably Irvine and Moonbay showing their "affection" down the hall,' he mused to himself. He lay there for a few moments, then became wary. He had the distinct feeling that he was being watched. He opened his eyes...

And found another face an inch away from his. Van yelped and sat straight up in bed, shocked. A second later, drowsiness subsided, he realized that he'd actually been face-to-face with Mercutio, who was now leaning back and laughing his crazy little head off.

"HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET IN MY ROOM?!" Van roared. Mercutio pointed downward in response. Zeke growled happily and wagged his tail. "And WHY are you riding my Organoid?" he asked, forcing himself to be calm.

"'Cause I've never seen anyone ride one and I wanted to see if it could be done," Mercutio answered, as though this were a perfectly rational motive. "Besides, I'm bored."

'Well, that explains the thumping,' Van concluded, realizing that he'd been hearing Zeke's footsteps the whole time. Mercutio surveyed the room.

"Hey, where's Fiona?" he asked. "I figured you guys would be in here making puppies. Or, were you too tired from last night's aerobics?" he added slyly. Van smacked him upside the head.

"None of your business, you perverted little twerp!"

"Oh, come ON, dude! I'M not getting any, the least you can do is tell me what it's like! Like, gimme ideas for some moves, or whatever," the blond suggested hopefully. Van gave him a look.

"What could you use 'moves' for, you don't even have a girl," he informed. Mercutio looked downtrodden.

"I know," he sniffeled. Then he brightened up. "Would you lend me Fiona?"

"GET OUT OF MY ROOM!" Van roared, throwing the closest hard object - which happened to be a bottle of hair gel (A/N- how else would he maintain that mullet?) - at Mercutio's head.

"Fine, be that way," Mercutio pouted. He held one hand up in the air like a rodeo star, spurred Zeke on, and cried, "Hi-ho, Silver! Awaaaaaaay!" as the two sped out the door. Van groaned and fell back onto his pillow.

"Somebody has to be able to control that little punk," he grumbled. "Where's Alandria when you really need her?!"

***

*Alandria POV* (A/N- Oh, you SO knew that was coming)

I awoke the next morning in an empty bed and a very cold room. It was perfectly clear that this place had an overactive cooling system and no working heat, and at the moment, no one to rob body heat from. Jerk as he may have been, at least Raven was a nice furnace when I needed one.

I yawned, cracked my neck, and climbed out of bed, shivering like mad. Being half-naked at a room temperature of about 60 degrees (A/N- Farenheit, of course) does not bode well, by the way. I looked around the room. I wasn't quite sure where my captor was, nor did I particularly care at this juncture. Wondering exactly how long I'd slept, I checked the clock on the wall, only to find that it was before six. I groaned. Being cold always makes me wake up before I want to.

"I need a very hot shower," I muttered to myself as I headed for the bathroom, still half asleep. It occured to me that I still didn't know where the towels were, but at the moment I was too cold and tired to go looking for them. Anticipating some lovely warmth, I opened the door.

And I found that a certain black-haired menace had beaten me to the shower. The first thing that registered in my brain was 'Oh my God, he's naked!' I stared at him, and he stared right back at me, like it didn't even phase him.

"Um, I'm sorry," I babbled, looking downward so as not to let him see me blushing. I discovered that this was a mistake almost as soon as I did it. The second thing that registered in my brain?

'Oh my God, he's huge!'

"What the hell are you just standing there for?" he snapped. I managed to tear my eyes away and focus on his face. Was it just me, or were his cheeks a little rosier than normal?

"Sorry," I repeated. "I didn't know you were in here."

"Yeah, like I care. Go make yourself useful, why don't you? Fix breakfast or something," he ordered, just as frigid as ever, as he wrapped a towel around his waist. I nodded and darted out of the room. Okay, subservience is not my thing, but I was relieved to get out of that situation.

Shadow gave me this uber-confused look as I practically sprinted into the kitchen, then stopped to take a few deep breaths and try to calm myself.

"Oh, boy," I muttered. The black organoid growled softly and nudged me with his snout, like he was asking me if I was okay. I smiled and began petting his head. "I'm alright, buddy, just a little...shaken." Yeah, that seemed like a good word for it. I couldn't think of anything better.

And yet, even as I set about making breakfast, I kept seeing the same image of Raven straight out of the shower, the water still glistening on his perfectly toned body... Wow.

I soon upgraded my condition from "shaken" to "insane".

(A/N- yes, it's short, I know, but at least it's SOMETHING to tide you over until I get my inspiration back.)