Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ Bandits ❯ Van, Meet Your Match ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Millerna: You got a single review, Erin. That is an all-time low.

HealerAriel: Not really. Some stories of mine have been up for months and only have one or two reviews. And I just got a really idiotic flame on my Harry Potter fic, calling me an "f-ing homophobe" because I didn't make the Marauders gay.

Millerna: Geez, people are such shits sometimes. Besides, I've talked to the Marauders; they said they were glad, that doing another slash scene would have made them all puke. Then I had to bash Sirius's brains out 'cause he was hitting on me, but...

HealerAriel: Yeah, gotta love Sirius. He's one horny honey.

Millerna: Cute kid, though.

HealerAriel: Yeah. But now, we get to the cute anime guys.

Millerna: Okay.

Van and his companions continued to study Alandria and Mercutio as they ate their fill from the bag. Both were very slender; but of robust build, so you could tell that, had they been well-fed, they would have been big. Both wore clothing of black suede with black leather boots. A bandanna held Mercutio's shaggy blond hair out of his blue eyes, and Alandria's light brown hair was in an interesting style with spikes on top and the rest flowing freely down her back.

It was also apparent, now that the two were close, that they'd probably been in quite a few fights, judging by the faint scars that their faces and hands bore in assorted locations; Alandria had one long scar over her right eye. These, however, did little to disguise the fact that both of them were quite good-looking. The term 'pretty', in fact, could have been applied just as easily to Mercutio as to his sister. Without their battle scars, the two would have been positively stunning.

Suddenly, Irvine began to laugh.

"What'll the military bases say," he wondered, "when they realize that they've been so expertly burglarized by two kids?" Mercutio promptly dropped his twelfth piece of chicken, and Alandria's face paled.

"Y-you're turning us in?" she asked in horror.

"You've broken the laws of both the Empire and the Republic," Van said simply. "We have to."

"No," Mercutio said. "You can't. They'd throw us into prison!"

"Or an orphanage," Alandria added.

"Still, as an officer of the military, I must uphold the law," Van replied.

"Aw, give them a break, big, important Lieutenant," Irvine teased, elbowing Van in the side. "Better to steal than to starve." Van gave him a sideways glare.

"Why do I get the distinct impression that you're on their side?"

"Because I am."

"Ah. Trust the mercenary to side with the thieves."

***

"This happens often, I take it?" Alandria asked softly of Moonbay a few nights later, gesturing to where Van and Fiona had gone off by themselves again. The girls sat up on a hill above their makeshift campsite, so as not to disturb Mercutio and Irvine as they slept.

"Heh, very often," Moonbay replied. "And I don't think either of them realizes that they have the hots for each other."

"Doesn't take a genius," Alandria smirked. "Maybe she figures Rambo'll get weird if she confesses."

"And he probably thinks the same thing about her," Moonbay agreed. "They're so immature." Alandria's smirk grew.

"I wouldn't be so quick to judge," she said easily, "I know of a certain transporter and mercenary who won't admit their feelings either..." Moonbay instantly became very flustered.

"Th-there is nothing between me and Irvine!" she insisted.

"Wouldn't mind having a piece of him though, would you?"

"...I refuse to answer that," Moonbay said. Alandia leaned back and steepled her fingers.

"Eeeeeexcellent," she hissed deviously. Moonbay gave her a strange look.

"What's 'eeeeexcellent'?" she asked.

"Oh, nothing," Alandria responded airily. 'Just thinking about playing matchmaker,' she added silently. "So, tell me, Moonbay; has Fiona ever talked to you about her little crush on Rambo? Or vice versa?" Moonbay thought for a while.

"No, never."

"Ah. There's my first mission then."

***

"I don't like this," Alandria said for the fiftieth time, as the company made their way to the military base where they were to join Thomas (A/N- I hate Thomas.). "I swear, they'll arrest us."

"No they won't," Fiona assured. "They've never seen you two."

"Yeah, but they've seen Darkness and SpiritWind, though," Alandria muttered.

"Who?"

"Our Zoids," Alandria specified. "What, you people don't name your Zoids?"

"No," Moonbay answered.

"You should try it," Alandria said. "They like having names, don't you SpiritWind?" Her Zoid, as if in answer, howled. Irvine, Fiona, and Moonbay looked at the Command Wolf and its pilot with big anime sweatdrops.

"Oookay then," Irvine said. He looked out into the distance. "Speaking of, Darkness is kicking Blade Liger's ass out there."

"WOOOHOOO!" Mercutio yelled loudly over the intercom-y things in the Zoids. "Come on, Van! You move so sloooooowwwwlllyyy! HAHA!"

"SLOWLY!?" Van bellowed. "I'LL SHOW YOU SLOWLY!" Van put on his speed boosters and continued to chase after Darkness.

"Aw, come on, you chick!" Mercutio taunted. "I'm not even running, here!" True, instead of going at full speed, Mercutio was keeping his Liger at a jaunty trot. He was still far ahead of Van, and Van *was* at full speed. Alandria shook her head.

"Fighting for dominance. Oy vey."

"It's a guy thing," Irvine informed. "We have to prove who's got the biggest ba-"

"AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGG!" Van raged, as Mercutio made the decision to jump over his Zoid repeatedly.

"LEAPFROG!" Mercutio laughed. "Come on, you sissy, I'm doing circles around you!" And, in addition to leaping over Van's Liger, Mercutio was indeed running around him in circles.

"DAMMIT!" Van yelled. "ZEKE! STOP SLACKING!" Zeke gave a roar of disapproval. "WHAT?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN, YOU CAN'T GO ANY FASTER?!"

"I think he means he can't go any faster, Van," Irvine said, smirking. "Heh heh heh."

"STAY OUT OF IT, YOU JERK!"

"Whatever you say, O Lieutenant. Not my fault you're getting your Republican ass kicked by a fourteen-year-old kid."

"GGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR!"

"I think your boy-toy's upset, Fiona," Irvine stated.

"What?" Fiona asked. "What do you mean?"

"Youlikehim!" Irvine coughed.

"YoulikeMoonbay!" Alandria coughed at Irvine. Irvine became very quiet, very quickly. "Muahahaha! Secret's out, Irvy!"

"Shaddup," Irvine mumbled.

"Irvine and Moonbay, sittin' in a tree," Alandria chanted in a singsong voice, "F-U-C-"

"I'M GONNA GET YOU!" Van screamed at Mercutio (at the most opportune moment possible, as usual in anime).

"Oh, my, what shall I do?" Mercutio mocked in a high-pitched, Southern accent. He suddenly stopped dead.

"HAHA! Engines burned out, huh?" Van taunted. "Too bad, guess I'll-" Just as Van got to him, Mercutio leaped into the air and landed on the Blade Liger's back.

"WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?!" he demanded. "WHO'S....YOUR....DADDY?!"

"GET OFFA ME, YOU LITTLE TWIP!" Van raged, newly humiliated as his friends cracked up, and trying to shake Darkness off his back. It was useless; the Zoid's claws were holding tight.

"RIDIN' A REPUBLICAN! RIDIN' A REPUBLICAN!" Mercutio sang.

"Don't feel like much of a man now, do ya, Van?" Irvine crowed.

"IRVINE!"

"Uh-oh."

Now Van had someone else to chase.

(A/N- Another chapter for your enjoyment! Well, I hope you enjoy it, anyway. But I won't know if you don't tell me. So review!)