Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny ❯ Confusion ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"At the rate we are winning these battles, we will be in class C in no time" grumbles Leena as she sits down in the base lounge next to Leon, still sulking after another defeat.

"Lighten up sis, class S is not easy. There is only a handful of teams and it is an honor to be in it." Just then they heard a loud scream come form the front of the base. The both jumped off the coach and ran towards the hanger.

They arrived just as Bit and Jamie appeared from the other side. They all look towards the front to see Doc jumping up and down chanting, "It's here, it's here, it's finally here!"

Jamie turns, looks up at Bit and whispers, "Bet you five dollars it is a new weapon that we can't possibly afford."

Bit leans down and says' "Your on." He gets this stupid grin on his face, because he can see better than anyone on the team. He can see hat doc is holding a very small box that probably contains a zoid action figure.

During their little conversation, Leon and Leena had walked over to their father and were standing behind him. "What's here dad?" asked Leena trying to look over his shoulder but couldn't because he wouldn't stop moving and jumping.

Bit and Jamie walk over as Doc finally calms down enough to talk. "It's the new, super rare Busurk-Fury action figure." He starts to jump and down again.

"Dad settle down, Leena is he always this excited over toys?" Doc stops jumping and turns to his son with a sort of disappointed look on his face.

"It isn't a toy, it's a mini scale of the ultimate X Busurk-Fury, and I got it on sale."

"Sorry dad, I didn't know it was that important, when the other to… I mean action figures use to come, you never got this excited."

Yes, but only twenty of these were ever made and I got it for only 100,000." Says Doc whispering the last part.

Jamie turns snow white and looks like he is about to faint. Bit drops his jaw and says, "DOC that's half the price of a new zoid. It cost more than the Jager armor system."

Doc looks at all their faces. "Umm… Oh the vi-phone is ringing. I'll get it." He runs off into the base faster the liger at full speed.

Leena and Bit try to bring Jamie back to reality while Leon just walks away shaking his head. Jamie finally snaps back and walks away in a daze leaving Bit and Leena alone in the hanger. "Your dad really over did it this time."

"For once in my life, I have to agree with you. Wasting money on weapons isn't that bad, but on a toy, he must be mad." She looks Bit in the eye and they both start to laugh. They both knew they like each other, but never knew how to act on it. They stop laughing and Leena lets out a sad sigh. She looks at Bit again and then turns and walks away to see if she could keep Jamie from passing out.

Bit watches hr leave and the sighs himself. `Another day, another opportunity to say something missed.' He turns and looks out into the desert.

Leon walks in and stands next to him. "You are as bad with Leena and Brad was with Naomi. You never know what to say or when to say it."

"Yes, but Brad and Naomi only saw each other a few times a month, I see her a few time and hour."

"Don't worry Bit, you will eventually get it. Not everything will come to you as easy as Zoid piloting. Some things come more natural to some people that others."

Bit sighs again and walks over and climbs into the Liger. "If anyone asks, I went out for a run." He yells just before closing the cockpit and walking the Liger out into the desert.

* * *

"Hey Naomi, were you expecting anyone?" called Brad down from the Shadow Fox's cockpit.

"No, why?" Naomi is on the ground adjusting the tension on her gun snipers left leg.

"There is a large Zoid heading this way. I think it is the Liger, but I am not sure." He hops down to the ground and stands next to Naomi at the front of the Fluguel/Hunter base. As they stand there, it becomes clearer that the incoming Zoid is the Liger Zero. "I wonder what Bit is doing way out here. It's an hour and a half run from the Blitz team base.

Naomi turns to Brad and lets out a little laugh. "You should know, you made the trip every other day." Brad starts to laugh and puts his hand around her waist as they wait for Bit to arrive.

Bit stops the Liger just inside the Hanger, opens the cockpit and jumps to the ground. Brad and Naomi are already there waiting for him. "So what do we owe the pleasure of your visit Bit?"

Actually, I just need to talk to Brad about something, no offence Naomi."

"None taken." She turns away and walks halfway to the door leading inside the base. She stops and turns again, "Bit, it is pretty late already, will you be stating for dinner."

"No, this won't take long, but thanks anyway." Naomi smiles and walks inside the base, closing the door behind her.

Bit sighs and Brad turns towards him. "I am guessing you didn't come here to talk about Zoids."

"How did you know?" Bit asked with a confused look on his face.

"Your voice sounds sad, and if it was about Zoids, you wouldn't have asked Naomi to leave. So, I'm guessing this has to do with something else, I'm guessing Leena."

"How'd you guess, it is that obvious?"

"Bit, everyone knows you like Leena. Even Harry was constantly jealous of you. She and Naomi use to talk a lot at carnivals and Zoid shows. Naomi told me she kept mentioning you, and didn't even know it. For the last year it has become very obvious. It's funny, you too know that the other one feels the same way, but neither of you act on it."

"Your right, but what should I do. When t comes to you and Naomi, you two jus seem so natural around each, like you have known and loved each other forever. I only wish it was like that for us."

"Ha, I was never able to say more than a sentence to her when we were going out. Half of the time I would have done anything to avoid her I was so nerves. Hey didn't you guys have a battle today."

"Ya, but only Leon and Leena fought, if you ask me, I could have beaten those Hel-cats no problem."

Brad starts to laugh. "Will you ever stop thinking you are the best pilot in the universe. Anyways, what do you think you are going to say to Leena when you get back?"

As bit and Brad continue to talk outside, Naomi was making a call on the vi-phone. Jamie answered it still looking very pale. "Hello Jamie, is Leena there?"

With a sort of shaking voice he says, "Yes, I'll go get here." He disappears and in a minuet later Leena appears on the screen.

"Hey Naomi, why did you call?"

"I'll give you one guess."

"Bit's there isn't her. Leon told me he went out for a run, but that was nearly two hours ago. I started to think he went to go talk to Brad." Naomi starts to laugh and continues for a few seconds before calming enough to talk. "What's so funny?"

"Well if Bit cam here to talk about you two, he's come to the wrong place. You saw how hard it was for Brad to confront me. After the Royal Cup, well it is a pretty long story, are you sure you have the time to listen?"

"Hold on a sec." Leena moves out of the camera's range and returns with a chair, she sits down in front of the screen. "Okay, now I'm ready."

"Well, it's not that long, but anyways, after the Royal Cup, Brad and I talked at the awards ceremony. He asked me to meet him at the Mt. Isolena in a week. Of course I agreed, teasing him about not tell me why. I left the next day telling Leon a lie about where I was going, and made it to Isolena in a few days. I knew Brad was there, but I think he was too nerves to sat anything, so he hid until about a week later. I pretended I was leaving, that's when he confronted me.

"You are really sly tricking him like that just so he would say something, I wish I could do that to Bit."

"It was funny, he thought I was actually going to leave. Anyways, I met him on the ground with a where were you look and just looked at him in the eyes. He started to stammer about something that didn't make sense so to help him feel more comfortable, I stepped forward and kissed him."

"Wow, spontaneous, that had to really take Brad by surprise, maybe I should do that."

"Do you know out of the last five times you have talked, you mentioned Bit 3 times? Never mind; you won't believe what happened next.

"What? I know I mention Bit a lot."

"Very true, well Brad just froze, then turned around and left. I was really upset that maybe he didn't love me back, but then again he was really nerve. Well about two days later I hadn't seen him at all since then. I really began to worry again. That day I was fixing my gun sniper when I heard him walk up behind me. My heart practically leapt out of my chest when he said, "Naomi, I have to talk to you." I was so scared of what he might have said, but he never did say anything. When I turned around he was only an inch away from my face. For the first few seconds, he didn't do anything but look me in the eyes. Then, to my surprise he leaned down and kissed me.

"I bet you were a little surprised, and I'm not going to mention Bit."

"That still counts, so that 66% of the time."

"Are you going to let it go? I love him okay, that's about as close as I'll get to saying it to his face for awhile, so continue, what happened."

"Whoa, you love him?"

"Yes, we can talk about that after you finish your story. It's really starting to get interesting and have only told about 2

"Okay, well he kissed me so I began to kiss him back. I guess this surprised him because he stopped and pulled back. He had a surprised look on his face. I looked him in the eyes and smiled. He had no idea what to do; he probably had never felt like this before and was totally off guard. So, hoping he would get his instincts back on track, I leaned against him. It took him few seconds to first realize what I had done and he finally put his arms around me. Well things just progressed over the next few months until he asked me to marry him. I'll tell you all about that another time, so, what about you loving Bit.

"Well, I don't know. He is just, well Bit. Everyone knows I like him, but now I think I love him." Voices are heard in the back of the blitz base. "Naomi, I have to go, my dad to call and find a way to work out his latest purchase, Bye."

"See you." The screen in front of her goes blank and she walks to the lounge. Brad is sitting on the couch reading a magazine. She walks over, sits down next to him, and lays her head in his shoulder letting out a sigh. He puts her arm around her and pulls her close. She looks up at him. "Those two are in some real trouble." She snuggles closer to him being a little cold and sighs again.

"Yes, Bit is so confused that when he left a few minuets ago he was shaking is head. He even admits he loves Leena, but can't act on it."

"Leena said she thinks she may now love him. As long as when she confronts him, he doesn't walk away and disappear for two days, like a certain husband I know. I better start dinner." She starts to get up, but Brad pulls her back to him.

"I'm perfectly happy right here. It's only five anyways." He closes his eyes and leans his head on hers. Naomi closes her eye, happy in total bliss.

Please tell me what you think. I was happy so it was kind of sappy.

Disclaimer: I don't own Zoids.