Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny ❯ Surprise ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The sun had an hour until it set when the four Zoids set out again, but Brad and Naomi thought it was too late to go to the Blitz Team base, so they just headed home. When Leena and Bit arrived at the base, they had already had a plan to get back at Leon and Doc for spying on them. After eating dinner and making up lies about were they had been, they put their plan into action.

Bit went into the bathroom to take a shower during Leena's time. The second he closed the door; Leena opened the door, went in, and chased Bit out. She continued to chase him all over the base and into the hanger screaming after him. They both jumped into their Zoids continuing the chase that way. When they wee completely out of sight of the base, they stopped their Zoids and met on the ground both laughing hysterically.

"I wonder what their face looked like when they heard the Zoids take off. I love this, they so deserve it for spying on us when we were sitting on the Liger's paw." She sinks to the ground exhausted from running and laughing.

Bit sits down next to her and puts his are around her shoulder. "We can't stay out here too long otherwise they might get suspicious.

"Yes, lets go." They went back to the base and spent the rest of the evening pretending to hate each other.

After Naomi and Brad had returned to their base and eaten, they were lying on the couch together. Naomi snuggles deeper in-between Brad and the couch. She lays her head and hand on his chest and decides to tell him. "Brad, I really need to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"You're going to have to help me move all the junk out of Leon's old room."

Brad lifts up his head to look at her. "Why do I need to do that?"

"Well, were else do you think the baby is going to sleep, we only have six months to figure it out." He quickly buries herself even deeper.

Brad's eyes become bigger than an owls' when she says that. "What, are you serious?"

She looks up at him. "Of course I'm serious. We only have 6 months to figure out where the baby is going to sleep. And how to tell everyone else without giving them a heart attack." Naomi relaxed again but shoots up too look at him again. "You better not try and keep me out of battles until I give up on it." She relaxes again, waiting for his reply.

Brad starts to laugh. "Do you really think I would try to keep you out of Zoid battles. It would be like taking a fish out of water." He rubs her side a few times, kisses her on top of her head, and then they both fall asleep thinking what the future may bring.

* * *

"Get back her Bit Cloud, that's my muffin." Bit runs into a wall, stumbles back for a few steps before coming back to reality and continues to run.

"I don't see your name on it." Leena and Bit are still carrying on their plan and it is working perfectly. They pass Leon, Jamie, and Doc in the hanger racing by them still yelling.

"I rally thought those two had given up this foolish stuff."

"Dad, this is Leena and Bit we are talking about, those two never grow up." Leon looks around the hanger. "Hey, where's Jamie. He's suppose to be helping us with this."

"He was here a second ago, maybe he followed Bit and Leena back into the base?"

"I've got you now." Leena had trapped Bit in a corner; he had no way out.

"Oh please don't hurt me." Bit's voice is sarcastic; Jamie hears this from around the corner and turns around to see what is going on.

"Oh, you're going to really get it this time." She says pushing him against the wall with her finger on his chest.

"Ya." Bit says, now completely stuck in the corner with his back on the wall. "What are you going to do about it?" Leena gets up on her toes and kisses him. Jamie pulls his head back from around the corner and sinks to the ground. 'Okay, what did I just see here. I might have expected Bit to give her a peck on the cheek to distract her while he sneaks away, but never Leena cornering him ad then kissing him just to do it. Maybe she just looked him in he eyes, I should look again.' He scoots over and looks around the corner. He quickly pulls back from looking. `Okay she did kiss him and unless I don't know what a kiss look like, they are both enjoying it…. That's it. When they went out with Naomi and Brad yesterday, something must have happened.' Jamie gets up and goes to another room to call Brad and get some details. He calls, and explains everything that has happened very quickly.

"Slow down Jamie, so Bit and Leena have been acting like they hate each other, but you just saw them kissing in the hall. You want to know what happened yesterday, right?"

"Yes, what changed between them, where did you really go?"

"Well, Naomi and I left them alone on a cliff for a few hours by themselves. Bit had come to me for help and Leena went to Naomi. So we decided to lead them into nowhere and leave them there."

"From the way those two were acting, I don't want to know what happened."

Brad looks over to the left. "Jamie, I'm going to have to call you back. I got to go do something really quick. Bye."

Jamie hangs up the voice box on the vi phone and turns around to find himself face to face with Bit. "Um… Hi Bit."

"I'm not blind, and you're not invisible. You better thank your lucky stars Leena didn't see you. I know she likes revenge, trust me. Promise me you me you won't tell Doc or Leon what you saw, were playing a trick on them for spying on us before."

Okay, I promise. One thing though Bit. Your twenty and acting like Leena is your first girlfriend." Bit smirks and walks away, just before turning the corner, he stops and looks back at Jamie.

"She is." He turns the corner and out of sight.

The next day, the whole Blitz team is in town watching the start of a Zoid battle while Doc went to go look at some new parts. The judge capsule shows up on the TV.

The area in a 10-mile radius is now a designated Zoid battlefield. Only pilots and Personnel have authorized entry. Danger all others must leave this area now. Area scanned, battlefield set up. Battle mode 0984. The Tigers Team vs. the Fluguel Team. Ready. Fight!

On the screen there is only the three Tigers and the Shadow Fox. Out of the picture shots are heard and two of the three Tigers went down with a system freeze. Brad takes the opportunity and uses strike laser claw on the remaining Tiger, who goes down in shock from seeing his teammates downed so easily.

"The battle is over, the battle is over. The winner is, the Fluguel Team."

"Wow, that was the most exciting battle I've ever seen. I'm going to go see what dad is up to." Leon walks out of the room, disappearing in the crowds as he goes.

Bit reaches under the table and grabs Leena's hand. He hoped Jamie would leave to do something soon, before anyone else came back. Leena grips Bit's hand, hoping the same thing.

Jamie feels very awkward to be alone with the two of them, so he just gets up and leaves without saying anything.

"What's wrong with him? Says Leena, moving closer to Bit.

"He saw us in the hall yesterday. He actually called Brad to see if he knew anything about us."

Leena changes from that goofy I'll love you forever look to an I'm going to kill you look. "What did you tell him?"

Bit lets go of her hand and puts both of his up in front of his face. "Don't kill me. I didn't want him to say anything to Doc or Leon, so I told him to keep it to himself."

Leena's eyes start to relax and go back to their previous googlyness. They continue to look at each other until they hear two guys behind them talking about the Fluguel Team. Though totally rude, they started to ease drop.

"I was hacking into the ZBC and I got to this weird page that told upcoming news and battles."

"So, what's the big deal, new teams in Class C and battles?"

"Well there was a section on teams leaving battles for a while."

"Oh, giving up?"

"No, just taking a leave of absence. There was only one team, but I never heard of a team taking a 6-month break, starting in 4 months.

"Me either, what team and why."

"Well they didn't say why, but it is the Fluguel Team, the ones we just saw murder the Tigers.

"Isn't that the husband and wife team? Maybe they are having a kid of something."

"Maybe, come on we have to go get those parts."

"They can't be serious, Naomi and Brad taking a leave of absence."

"Those two are more right then you think. Two days ago, when they came over, Naomi said she was pregnant, but hadn't told Brad yet. That's why we came in laughing. We were wondering how everyone would react. You have to keep this quiet though, no one is suppose to know."

Bit takes her hand in his again. "Well I'm not no one, I'm some one." Leena takes her free hand and punches him pretty hard in the chest; they both burst out laughing.