Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ New Ambitions ❯ Desert Survival ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello! I am here to rid you of the cliffhanger! Hehe. Enjoy! And thanks to all the support of Squeeker! Love, Lee-Chan. ^-~

New Ambitions-Chapter 5

Brad looked around as the smoke slowly cleared. Where are they? He gulped. Their alive….they are…they gotta be. Huh? He looked up as his eyes caught a Deathasaurus on the cliff that the missiles fired from. He looked around one more time for any signs of the two. Asha..Bit.

He looked to the unpiloted Jagger and the beaten Liger. He had better go, Asha and Bit didn't want him to die too…he knew they wouldn't, so he did what he didn't want to do, he ran.

The Deathasaurus didn't follow, it only looked on with satisfaction, then turned and left.

Asha groaned, she felt like she had just got hit by a stampede, twice. Her eyes opened to blur, then focused on Bit's cheek next to her's. She didn't have the strength to even blush, something was heavily pressuring her back. It was kind of dim around her and she guessed she had gotten buried when the debries flew. "Got..to…get…up." She growled and pushed on the ground in front of her, the rubble slowly lifting off her back. Her head poked out of the ground and she took a deep breath of the cool night air. She opened her eyes with a surprised look. It was night? No one was around. Had Brad survived? All she could see was her and Bit's zoids. No one elses…if it was the backdraft, why hadn't they tooken their zoids? They always wanted the Liger, why not grab it when they had the chance?

She pulled Bit up from under her, so he could breath the fresh air, rather than suffocate under the ground. She shook him. "Bit? Bit, wake up." He stirred a bit but didn't open his eyes.

She guessed she better not wake him, he looked really torn up. She stood with wobbly legs and dragged Bit on top of the soil. "Ugh, what do I do?" If Brad got away, why hadn't they come to search for them. She looked around the deserted area, had she and Bit been abandoned?

No! She forced the idea from her head. They wouldn't do that, would they? She thought to herself and smiled amidst the crisis. I'm starting to sound like lost Pokemon or something. She couldn't pick Bit up now, she had been beaten by flying debris and her strength was totally gone. But they had to get out of the open. "Aha!" She said suddenly. Her Jagger was still working! She ran over to it and saw it's condition. She set Bit down for a moment and climbed in the cockpit, typing vigorously on the dimly lit console. "Well, I'll I have is enough to go somewhere safe and drag Liger with me then it will probably shut down." Asha only nodded and looked to a canyon crack. They would have to camp out there.

Asha then jumped from the cockpit and walked over to Bit. "I'm sorry Jagger, but could you bend down?" The zoid growled softly and put its head down. Asha grabbed Bit's arms and dragged him to sit on her lap when she entered the cockpit. "Thanks Jagger."

The zoid nodded and the cockpit closed.

"Now go and get Bit's Liger, please."

The zoid nodded once more and walked to the Liger and grabbed its neck. "Now let's just go to that canyon over there."

The zoid took the response and started the drag over to the crevasse.

Jamie banged on the controls furiously. "Why won't it move?!" He growled at the command screen in the main cockpit room of the Tauros base. "It's been like this for seven hours now!" He about wanted to cry. Brad came back alone and told them what had happened but he got himself so worked up he fainted and they didn't even know where the place was that Bit and Asha had gone down. Brad had been out ever since. Jamie couldn't go out in the Ryanos cause the hanger wasn't functioning. It was like they had been sabotaged. And whoever had done the sabotaging had done a damn good job cause to the commission they were still on tracking and ok but they weren't able to contact them at all to tell them they had people down so they could go out and search for the Blitz team's fallen comrades. It was weird. Only the Backdraft could be so devious.

Doc sat at the console behind Jamie with a glum face. What would they do? Go by foot and search as far as they could? No. Jamie would just have to try his best to get the base up and running soon. He sighed. I hope their still alive….they have to be, Bit surely doesn't go down so easily and they Asha girl is a determined one. All he could do now was wait and have faith.

TBC….

Oh my! What a predicament! Hhehehehe, such a big and stupid word. It reminds me of John Travolta on "Face off." Or whatever that movie was called. Hehe well anyway why am I telling you this? Heh, anyway, just review pleez! Love, Lee-Chan. ^-~