Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ The Mysterious Girl and the Liger Zero X ❯ The Mysterious Girl and Liger Zero X (Chapter Three) ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Mysterious Girl and the Liger Zero X
Don't own Zoids... (I wish I did...)
ThreeDate


It was around midnight as Xiao sat outside on a small hill by herself looking at the stars. She then felt something warm go over her shoulders, she looked up and saw Brad wrap a blanket around her. She smiled at him nicely then looked up at the stars, she felt him sit down next to her and did the same. Brad heard her sigh sadly, and wondered what was the matter.

"Hey, you ok?"

She was silent for a few minutes then spoke.

"Yes a little, I mean I've been alone for four years and here I am with a nice team. X and I have been together for so long and haven't been with a REAL team before, but I'm glad that I do, now I have a team that actually cares about me..."

"Hey, we're a team we take care of each other and help each other out, your on team now and that is what exactly what we're going to do..."

"Thank you..." Says Xiao as a few tears came to her eyes.

Brad wipped the tears away with the blanket and looked at her.

"What's wrong?"

"I miss my family, I bet they are proud of me for finding a team to live and trust and may be to love. I thank you for taking me in all of you, you don't know how happy this makes me..."

"Hey no prob..."

"Look I'm sorry about earlier too, for tripping you and a knife to your throat..."

"That's ok, I had worse..."

"But, I did not forget that challenge I made to you... the challange is still on pretty boy, don't think that I would forget it."

He gave a small smirk at the pet name.

"Name the time and place, I'll be there..."

"The desert ten miles from here, at three o' clock..."

"I'll see you there..."

Xiao looked back up to the stars and yawned.

"I'm going to get some sleep, you better do the same... before the battle starts and all let's have fun, while we wait till it's time, how about it?" asked Brad as he stood up.

"Are you asking me on a date?" She asked politely smiling as he blushed a little.

"Well you could say that, that's if you want to that is?"

"I'd love to, it's been a long time since I've been on a date with some one..."

"Will three be ok?"

"Ha ha nice try..."

"Ok, ok, ten a.m."

"That's better, ok it's a date... see you in the morning lover boy." Said Xiao as she kissed his cheek and walked off then turned around to see him put his hand on his cheek.

"Oh and Brad?"

"Yeah...?"

"Thank you for the blanket, it was really nice of you,"

She then walked off with a smile on her face. Brad still had his hand on his face then put it down next to him, he then chuckled to himself.

'First she calls me pretty boy, the second she calls me LOVER boy, I think she likes me...' he thought as he stood up and followed her to the Toros.

Xiao woke up at the sound of birds chirping next to her window, she sighed happily as the sun shined and wind blew in her face gently making her hair sway a little. She looked at her watch and gasped, it was fifteen minutes til ten. She started to put on the clothes that Leena lend to her until she bought her own. She put on an angel shirt that has a devil for a shadow saying trust me, then dark blue tight jeans, she put on her shoes then tied up her hair in a pony tail and a little bit of make up. She lightly smiled as she left her room, she saw Brad sitting in the dinning room eating breakfast that Jamie made, but it seems that he's not enjoying it very well.

"What's the matter with you?" she asked as he looked up to her.

He simply stared at her, forgetting the food in front of him.

"Hello, anyone alive in there?"

Brad blinked out of his stare and answered her question.

"Jamie makes the same ol' same ol' and I'm getting tired of it..."

"Hmm... may be I could fix that..."

She smiled as she dashed off into the kitchen, Jamie came out wipping his hands with a towel, he then sat down. Before he said anything everybody came out and sat down; they looked at Jamie confusingly as to why he wasn't in the kitchen.

"Xiao kicked me out and said she'll make breakfast..."

They all said an 'oh' and waited quietly. About a half hour later she came out with three plates on each arm and sat them down in front of the hungry people, they all took a bite and was amazed of her skills, they started to dig in. After they finished they thanked Xiao for the good meal and placed the dishes in the sink, she then smiled at Brad as the others left to do there own things. He then walked up to her and smirked.

"You ready?"

"Yup! Let's go!" She said happily as she grabbed the keys to the jeep then his wrist and ran toward the vehicle in the hanger.

"Here, you drive."

Brad took the keys from her and got in the drivers seat, she happily sat down next to him as he drove off toward the city. They parked outside and started to walk around, then they went into the bar that she met Bit. They both sat down in a little booth and ordered some drinks.

"So this is how you met Bit huh?"

"What? Oh yeah I did, but got into a little bit of trouble but he helped me out."

"Who were they?"

"It was the sand shark team, they got pretty pissed off and said I cheated on the battle."

"Morons"

"Yeah, but thankfully they don't know who I really am, so they call me X."

"I see well since I know all about you, I'm going to tell you about myself"

Three hours went by as they were talking and laughing just enjoying their selves, then they decided to leave to the beach to have a little fun. (Not like that!!) On there way there they stopped in front of a flower shop, Brad bought her a red rose which she blushed.

"Thank you..." She says as she smelt it with her eyes closed.

"My pleasure..."

He then took her hand and started running toward the beach while laughing like little kids.

'I never had this much fun for years with a girl before, what's this that I'm feeling?'

'Wow, it's been a while since I've been with a boy... no wait a man, he's so nice and such a gentlmen, and such a wonderful friend... Friend? Is it just that or more?'

The two took off there shoes, socks and rolled there pant legs up and started to chase each other into the ocean; Xiao dived in first, and came back up flinging her hair and smiled at him when he dived in also. He came up right in front of her, then they both felt heat rising to there cheeks. Xiao felt two arms wrap around her waist as she was pulled closer to him, she hesitated as she put her arms around his neck. When they were a couple of inches away to each others lips a giant tidal wave was forming above them, they suddenly held each other tightly as she heard Brad yell.

"Hold on!!"

The wave came down hard and dangerously fast, the wave blew them away. Then all of a sudden Xiao was starting to lose her grip on him, she needed air and couldn't hold out much longer. She then lost her grip of Brad and went soarring into the dark ocean; Brad screamed her name in the water and then blacked out of loss of air. In the middle of the ocean there stood a black War Shark; a man with an evil glint in his eyes while holding the banoculars smiled.

"Well done men, let's move out!"

When they closed the doors it started to float up into the sky and disappeared over the horizon. Brad woke up coughing out water; he looked around and saw no sign of Xiao anywhere. Now he started to panic; he called out her name many times but no answer. He was about to give up until he saw something floating face down in the water, he quickly ran towards it in the water, it was her; he hurriedly dragged her out and started doing CPR. After four breaths into her mouth she started to cough out water. Brad turned her on her side so she doesn't choke again; when she opened her eyes and looked at him she whispered with chattering teeth.

"So cold" she whispered as she started to shiver.

"Don't worry we'll be home soon"

As he grabbed their belongings, he picked her up and started running toward the jeep that they used to get here. He placed her in the front seat and buckled her up and drove off toward the Touros.


A/N: Hey you guys, how is it so far? Getting good I hope, I wonder who those people were on the far side of the ocean? Find out on the next chapter! And please send me some reviews!!