Fan Fiction ❯ A Big Mistake ❯ Their Big Mistake ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

It was an average Friday; the sky was a bright and vivid cobalt, except for the few creamy clouds that rolled with the soft breeze in the crisp fall air. Mia leaned against the burgundy-brown south wall of her school, silently watching upwards. She loved to gaze at the sky as she thought about her plans for the weekend, though they usually were the same every weekend. She sighed as she pulled her silver-gray eyes from the sky and looked around for a moment, hoping her ride would get their soon.
 
She tucked a lock of her long coffee brown hair behind her ear as a bit stronger breeze blew it loose again. She looked around again, then smoothed out her white short-sleeved polo top with horizontal baby blue stripes and got a wrinkle out of her bleached Bongo jeans. Finally, she pushed herself off the brick wall, picked up her black messenger bag that had a felt image of punk Hello Kitty on it from beside her feet, swung it over a shoulder, and began heading across the grassy courtyard to the sidewalk.
 
Her light blue stiletto pumps clacked against the pavement as she made her way to the street, not so happy at the thought of having to walk home in the stylish but uncomfortable shoes she had on, even if her house wasn't even four blocks away from the school.
 
She tried not to think about how her feet were hurting by keeping an eye out for things she could trip over as she walked down the cracked and broken sidewalk that was in need of a repair. As she walked, she heard the sound of a car coming up behind her and turned around expecting to see her ride.
 
Instead she saw a familiar silver convertible, although she wish that she didn't. The car slowed to a stop and she stopped as well for politeness' sake. The dark tinted window on the passenger side rolled down with a hum as the driver leaned over and smiled egotistically at her.
 
“Hey Mia, need a ride?” asked the boy as he raised his eyebrows expectantly, waiting for the girl to answer. Mia mentally groaned as she forced a smile onto her face and leaned down so she could look him in the eye.
 
“No thanks Arden. I think I'll walk. It's a nice day after all.” Mia replied as the boy shrugged and leaned back over again, only to turn back to her one last time.
 
“Suit yourself. You are coming tonight right?” he asked.
 
“Definitely.” she replied.
 
“Ok, well, see ya there.” he said before rolling up the window and driving off down the road, going far past the speed limit. Shaking her head in disgust, she started walking again, turning a corner and wishing she could take her shoes off. But she heard her mother's nagging in her head and decided against it, besides, it was beginning to get pretty cold out.
 
“Jake, I'm gunna kill ya.” she unhappily said to herself as her feet began to ache even more inside the pumps, not paying attention as a beat up blue Chevrolet drove up next to her.
 
“Someone mention my name?” asked a lanky teenaged boy with dirty blond hair as he leaned over and smiled at her with a boyish grin before unlocking the door. Mia smiled back and walked over to the door, opening it.
 
“Nice timing. Where were you?” asked Mia as she dropped her bag onto the floor and slid into the dingy gray bucket seat that was in serious need of being reupholstered, among other things.
 
“Me, bombing another history test.” he said dismally, running a hand through his long and unruly hair as he started to drive again. “Pops is gunna kill me for sure this time.”
 
“Well, maybe you should start using Fridays for actually studying.” joked Mia as they drove a short distance and pulled up in Jake's driveway a few minutes later.
 
“Maybe.” he laughed, turning off the engine and setting the parking brake. “I'm heading over to Arden's early to help him set up, so you might want to get there a little early if your mom takes ya.”
 
“I'll just call Jessica, but I'll see ya there, all right?” she said as she grabbed her bag off of the floor and opened her door. Her shoes tapped against the pavement as she stood and swung her bag over her shoulder again before shutting the door.
 
“Yup.” he said, getting out as well and slamming his door shut. He walked to his door and waved as she walked back down the driveway, along the sidewalk, and up her own driveway. She didn't want to chance breaking an ankle by crossing the lawn that separated their houses.
 
She made her way up the front steps and rummaged through her bag a moment before pulling out her house key and sliding it into the slot. Turning it she heard the lock click and turned the knob, pushing the front door open. Once inside, she pulled her key out and put it away before she dropped her bag by the cream colored chair in the entrance hall and passed the kitchen to the basement door, where her room was. Before her hand even touched the knob, Mia heard her mother.
 
“Mia! Mia, honey! Come and say hello to your mother.” said the slightly rotund woman from the kitchen. Mia turned around and headed back the way she came, going into the kitchen where her mother was making rolls for dinner. She walked up to the woman and hugged her lightly.
 
“Hey mom.” stated the girl as she let go then inspected what was being made on the counter. “Making Harold's favorite rolls for your `special dinner' huh?”
 
“Yes, and you should call him Dad, even if he is only your step-father.” scolded her mother as she batted away Mia's hand as the teen tried to grab a chunk of raw dough, but came out unsuccessful. “Are you going with Jake to Arden's house for your overnight study group tonight?”
 
“No, he's heading over early to help Arden…uh…get the snacks and stuff ready.” Mia told her mother as turned to head back to the kitchen entranceway, not bothering to turn back as she talked on. “But I'm gunna call a friend for a ride.”
 
“Why did you ever break it off with that nice boy anyway? I guess it was the stress from…what happened.” blabbered her mother incessantly. Mia groaned and unwilling turned back to the woman.
 
“Ya, well, I'm gunna go change.” she replied, getting slightly annoyed at her mothers prodding. Finally Mia walked out of the kitchen and to the door to her room. She swung open the door, shutting it behind her as she took off her shoes and thumped down the carpeted stairs. At the bottom she opened the lower door and walked into her tidy room, knowing her mother had gone on a cleaning spree while she was at school.
 
She tossed her shoes off to the side and walked over to her dresser, pulling open the top drawer. Searching through the contents she pulled out her most hated pair of pink cotton pajama bottoms with smiling bunny rabbits on them and a short sleeved pink top that matched. From there she slid off her pants and polo shirt, tossing them across the room before pulling on the pajamas.
 
After that she then went over to her closet and slid open the door, getting down on her knees and crawling to the far back corner of it where there was a small box carefully hidden. She rummaged through the box and pulled out a black denim miniskirt with a ruby wine ribbon around the waist, a plain black spaghetti strap cami, a pair of black heels with an open top with ribbon tie closure that was very shiny and had a four inch heel, as well as some assorted jewelry. Crawling out of the closet and carefully folding up the clothes and other items, that from her mother's view were unacceptable, she found her small duffel bag and shoved them inside before making her way back up the stairs.
 
She grabbed her school bag and grabbed her house key and cell phone from inside before she tossed it behind the couch so as to make it seem as if she actually took her things to study. Having hidden anything that could give her away, Mia slipped on a pair of black and white Vans. After that she went outside and sat on the swinging loveseat before dialing her friend's number, who was already on her way and agreed to come get her.
 
She rocked back and forth waiting until Jessica's mothers navy SUV pulled into the driveway just as her mother came out to see her. Mia groaned and smiled at her mother before signifying to her friend that it would be a minute. Turning back her mother gave her a smile.
 
“Now, Mia honey, be on your best behavior, and avoid the boys. Also, if you leave a drink sitting, don't pick it back up. Boys can be really horrible. After all, your real father…oh, what am I going on about, have a good time sweetie. You know you're my perfect girl.” chatted her mother before the woman hugged her daughter tightly, nearly choking Mia though she didn't say anything.
 
“Ya mom.” squeaked out the girl as she pulled herself from her mothers bear-like grip, grabbed her things, and bolted down the steps, glad for some air. The back driver's side door flew open and Mia jumped inside, slamming the door shut and saying hi to the other girls in the vehicle.
 
“Nice of you to join us.” joked Jessica, a pretty Asian girl with short black hair, spiked up with bright green hair glue.
 
“You know my mother, laying on the `You're my perfect girl' bullshit real heavy.” sighed Mia with a bit of disgust as she opened her duffel and pulled out her clothes.
 
“Cover me guys.” she told them as quickly changing into her `party clothes' as she thought of them, she was glad to get away from her mother's over protectiveness. The SUV came to a stop just as Mia finished dressing before dumping her pajama's into the duffel and zipping it.
 
The group of girls got out of the vehicle as Jessica locked up. The sky was dark by then and from outside they could hear the muffled sounds of pounding rock music being played from inside. They walked up to the door and went inside, not bothering to knock as a blast of music hit them. They separated after that, all of them partying a bit with different boys and having a drink or two.
 
It was a few hours later when Mia finally decided it was time to go and find Jake. She pulled herself away from her drunken dance partner and headed towards the stairwell to the second floor where she and Jake had a usual guest room that they hung out in. But before she even made it up the first step, a bare muscular arm wrapped around her and pulled her back. She was able to turn herself around to see a topless Arden holding her.
 
“Hey Mia, how about hanging out with me for once. After all, this is my party.” said Arden sluggishly, the smell of alcohol heavy on his breath as he swayed a bit. A half empty bottle of beer swung in his free hand.
 
“I'd love to Arden, but Jake is waiting for me.” she replied sweetly, pulling on his arm so she could get loose. He let go as soon as he heard that name and pushed the girl away a bit roughly, taking a swig of the booze, which dripped from his mouth before he wiped it clean.
 
“Always about Jake…” Arden said unhappily as he staggered into another room and started to hit on the other female partygoers. Mia let out a frustrated sigh and climbed the stairs, counting out the doors until she found the third guestroom on the left.
 
She heard noises from inside and turned the knob, peering inside to see Jake sitting in an overstuffed chair and staring at the TV that had a football game on. He yelled at the TV and took a long drink from the bottle he had in his hand. Several empty bottles were already scattered about.
 
“Going a little heavy on the drink tonight?” she said, shutting the door behind her and walking over to the bed, plopping herself down and wrinkling the sheets.
 
“Ugh, I need something to wipe my dad's ravenous bitching about my newest `F' out of my head. He said that if I get another poor grade that he's gunna kick me out.” spoke the boy in a slurred voice, blinking a few times and shaking his head before he took another long drink.
 
“I know how you feel; my bitch of a mother was laying it on thick right before I left. I know she's doing it just so I don't have fun, just because she fucked up when she was my age.” scoffed Mia as she snagged a beer from the small fridge by the bed, popping open the top and taking a drink. “I'm not as stupid as she was.”
 
The night carried on, the two teens talking about nonchalant things and getting pretty hammered. This was a usual for Mia, but Jake was never that heavy a drinker. He only came to Arden's parties to get away from his pissy family and to keep an eye on Mia while she was getting drunk. Several hours passed and their conversation took an odd turn.
 
“Ya…ya know, you're…pretty…pretty hot now that I think of it.” giggled Mia drunkenly as she waved a hand that held a half-empty bottle of beer at him before she fell over with laughter. He let out a demented laugh as he watched her and took another drink.
 
“You are…too. Hey…hey…” he said, getting her attention before bursting out in laughter and falling out of the chair. Mia laughed stupidly at him as he pulled himself up and stood, swaying a little as he wobbled over to the bed and fell next to Mia. She pulled herself up and laid over him so one arm was on either side of him and her long hair hung down over them like a curtain. She blew a hot breath over him as her breast threatened to fall out of her top
 
“Jake…Jake…ya wanna…wanna see me naked?” she asked in a lustful tone, pushing her bosoms against him and grinned awkwardly.
 
“Ya.” he replied. Mia slowly pulled herself off of him and stood at the edge of the bed as she sluggishly pulled off her cami and tossed it into a corner before fumbling with her bra clasp, eventually getting it loose and sliding it off her before tossed it across the room, where it landed awkwardly on the TV.
 
“Now it's your turn.” she giggled once her strip show was complete. He nodded once and stood, pulling off his clothes as well. Soon the two teens were standing naked in front of one another, both giggling like little kids who had just played a prank on their teacher. Mia pushed Jake's shoulder and he pushed her back, this intensifying into a wrestling match where Mia was able to pin Jake down on the bed, pressing her bare chest against his.
 
She stared at him before forcing a hot and heavy kiss on his lips, which he quickly returned. He grabbed her and rolled her over, both wrestling a bit more until the two best friends found themselves beneath the soft blankets entrapped in the throes of passion.
 
To their misfortune, a now sobering Arden walked in on their little escapade and was shocked at the sight because he was at least able to tell who the two lovers were. He left quickly, but not with happy thoughts. He felt deep anger and bitter hatred towards the two making love. He growled and disappeared into his own room.