Fan Fiction ❯ A Bloody Jewel ❯ Part One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Bloody Jewel

Part One

By Tanya Nonsutoppo

It was evening in a town, the sun was about to set and the clouds had a reddish tint to them. The town itself was rather small and had a few alleys, the main street was paved with bricks and the buildings were rather small lengthwise but they made up for it by being somewhat tall. It was in fact an old town, and most of the inhabitants liked it just fine that way. It was a welcome place for those who were tired of big cities but couldn't handle camping out. People walking through the town were friendly and enjoyed the fresh air. As people walked by though, someone was watching them from in an alleyway. A young girl who seemed to be a rather young teen was walking by. She wore a pink skirt and a white blouse along with sneakers. Her long, light brown hair was tied up in a ponytail with a ribbon. The girl was dainty and cheerful as she hummed a song that only she knew and skipped along. She didn't appear to notice that the one who was watching everyone was coming out of the shadows as she came near the alley. A voice brought the girl to know that there was someone there.

"Miss, would you come here please? I need some help picking out flowers for my girlfriend." The young man who had been watching everyone said as he approached her. She stopped and looked at him and then nodded.

"Of course I'll help you!" she answered cheerfully as she followed him as he led her into the alley. The man smirked and then fell into step next to the girl, then slowed down as she kept up the same pace until she was at the end of the alley, a dead end.

The girl turned around; "I don't see any flowers here, sir…?" she was cut off when she saw the man pulling his fist back. He punched her in the face repeatedly until she fell to the ground then sat on her to hold her down as he got out a knife.

"Now I've got you!" he bellowed as he slashed at her then slammed the knife into her midsection. The girl struggled, not knowing what to do, only knowing that she was in pain and had to get away, the man pulled the knife out of her and put it away, then, just as he was about to tear her clothes off of her, he heard something. He slapped her hard in the face, causing her to lapse into unconsciousness. He then threw her into the nearly empty street and ran off as people stared in shocked silence.

Another young man who looked remarkably like the other could be seen running towards the crowd that was around the girl, he pushed his way through and upon seeing the girl his eyes widened, "Oh my God…" he muttered as he went to her beaten and bleeding body and tried to see if she was awake. She wasn't of course; "Someone get me some clean cloths! I'll try to stop the bleeding long enough to get her to my nurse!" he shouted to the crowd. A woman handed him her plain white apron to use as a bandage, he nodded and used it to try to stop the bleeding, which slowly subsided enough for him to clean her up a bit while the crowd moved out of his way. He picked the girl up and then, holding her close to his body to try to keep her from being jostled too much, he ran to his mansion nearby.

Later after the girl had been washed up somewhat and bandaged, Porter stood by the side of his large bed, the one she occupied, and watched her; "She's so beautiful… Who would want to hurt such a beautiful girl...?" he muttered, trying to figure out what had happened to her. A chubby woman with brown hair walked to his side and looked at him.

"Sum'un wan'in sumpin frum'er, tha's 'oo…" she answered, he didn't answer, instead he just smoothed the girl's hair out, the woman looked at him; "Ah'm alsuh sansin' ya lahk tha gal a bit more'n ya let on…" she said, smiling a bit at him. He looked at her and shook his head.

"I don't know, Nan… I think I just feel bad about knowing that if I hadn't waited so long to go for my walk that she'd be alright… I'da been able to protect her… Then at least I'd know her name…" he said in reply, then looked back at the girl, Nan nodded and left.