Fan Fiction ❯ A Bloody Jewel ❯ Part Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Bloody Jewel

Part Two

By Tanya Nonsutoppo

The girl opened her eyes slowly a little and saw Porter looking down at her. She quickly closed her eyes and tried to move away from him, thinking he was the one who attacked her. Porter saw that and shook his head.

"Shh… It's ok, I'm not going to hurt you… I brought you here to my home where my nurse can take care of you..." he said soothingly. Trying to calm her down, he moved some hair out of her face, she moved away from him and suddenly started coughing up blood. Porter's eyes widened, "NAN! NAN!!" he called, watching the girl worriedly, he sat her up and gently pounded her back, slowly her coughing subsided and she looked at him, she was half scared, half grateful to him, this man who so much resembled her attacker in looks, but not attitude.

Porter laid her back down gently onto some pillows that he propped up for her, "See? I didn't hurt you, did I?" he inquired, moving some stray hairs out of her face, "You rest now… Ok? If anything happens or you need me, I'll be nearby. Don't hesitate to let me know if you need anything, ok?" the girl nodded at him just as Nan ran into the room.

"Wha hapn'd Pohteh…? Wah is'she 'wake!? She show'd be slepin! Nowt foulin' off wid yo! O't! O't! O't! Le'te powr gal sleep!" Nan scolded, startling both Porter and the girl.

"Y-yes ma'am!" Porter said, then rubbed the girl's shoulder a little, "I'll be back to see how you're doing when Nan let's me back in, ok?" he asked, she nodded and relaxed a bit at his words and touch.

Nan pushed Porter out of the room then turned to the alarmed girl, who was staring at her with wide eyes. She laughed a little and smiled warmly at her, "Naw dun ya wor'y, Ah'm nuh meanie, but ya nied'ta git warshed up, yar filthy darty an' niedin' a barth!" she said cheerfully as she went to the side of the bed and got Jewel ready for a bath before bathing her with a warm, wet rag gently.

In the hallway outside the door Nan had pushed Porter into; he waited right at the door, listening intently. He was so busy waiting that he didn't notice an older man rise out of his chair nearby.

"Hello Mr. McKain…" the older addressed the younger, who looked up in alarm.

"Oh! Hello Jek, I didn't know you were out here." He said, greeting the older man.

"I don't think I've ever seen you look so impatient to go into you're bedroom, are you worried that Nan will find those comics of yours?" Jek asked.

Porter shook his head, "No, not about those… and they're called 'manga' by the way…"

"Oh… Is it that girl you brought back a few hours ago?" Jek asked; Porter nodded a bit sheepishly. Jek nodded understanding then after waiting for more explanation and getting none, "I see… Though… Mr. McKain, you know you can't 'keep' her and she might not even live through this… don't you?"

"Yes… but I want to help her… at least find out what her name is anyways… if she wants to leave once she's better, she can… I'm not one to hold her back… I know that she's not mine and that if she chooses to leave then she can… I admit I'd miss her, but I wouldn't stop her or try to convince her otherwise…" Porter explained as he moved to a more comfortable position of leaning against the wall.

"I'm glad to hear that you don't think that you can keep her or that she owes it to you to stay… You've got a good head on your shoulders…" Jek said with a slight smile as he put a hand on Porter's shoulder; "Though, one bit of advice. Don't give her your heart… She'll only break it if she ends up dying…"

Porter nodded, "I know… My question is… Why would anyone want to hurt her?" he asked.

"That is one thing that I do not know… They might've wanted her body or they might've wanted revenge, maybe on her family, or it might even be a random act of violence… I'm not sure…" Jek answered, he couldn't bear to see his employer like this, but knew it was best to be truthful in situations such as this…