Fan Fiction ❯ A Blue Skye in the Depths of Hell ❯ Skye at Dawn ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A blue Skye in the depths of hell

A.N-Not all of the characters in this story look Japanese. Most of the characters physical descriptions are those taken from modern American and European influences and do not fit with the traditional Japanese physique associated with the occupants of Japan.

Chapter 1

Skye at dawn

You never seem to appreciate things until they are gone…

You never truly realize how much something or someone really matters to you until it's too late…

You can end up learning this the hard way…

I know, because I did…

Now I'm alone…

Loneliness, it exists in all of us…
I despise being alone…
Even hate it…
It lives in me, and I live in it…

It fills everyone's hearts…

Now that the world has changed…

But in some way, I believe that I can bring…

Some light back into this broken shell of a world…

The billions of people and I live in….

For I am their protector along with many others…

We keep the shadows that cover the world at bay…

For we are the hunters and they, our prey…

I am a knight of the underworld, a hunter of demons and thing that should not even exist…

But they do, and now we all live in shadow and fear…

I have seen many things in my life, some good, some bad, and others I don't even want to talk about.

Ever since the rising of the High priests, the world has been covered in a second darkness. There seems to be no hope. It seems so long ago, but things always seem that way when you live in the dark.

The first time things went bad was in the dark ages, when the world was still primitive. High ranking church officials used such topics as hell, and demons to scare people. But over time people began to see things in a different light, and some started to skip going to church completely. Many of the high-ranking members of the church were corrupt, and when the money stopped coming, they sent word to the pope. He didn't like the fact that people weren't going to church and worshiping god. That's when the demons first walked on the earth, and it would be their last. Well that was what every one thought, soon the first darkness became a myth.

Many historians believed that some insane monk had made the whole thing up, until a long lost graveyard was uncovered. They found artifacts from the time period, and in a stone box they found a book. The book was about the first darkness and how it started, and at the very end there was a prophecy, incomplete too, but there was enough information to make the professionals get scared.

The ancient text described the second darkness, and how it would come about, and that like before only one person could save the world.

But that's only the readers digest version, all in all the whole thing took up a good quarter of the book, and at the very end it looked like someone was about to write a date, but apparently didn't have time to finish. All they had had time to write was the number twenty-one.

For years and years that number baffled historian after historian, nobody knew what it could mean. Was it a day, or a year? Nobody knew, or would know for a very long time. How do I know all of this? I have seen the text I speak of with my own eyes, for now it is my duty to know such things.

21st August 2021

I now know what that two-digit number meant, along with the other countless billions across the world.

For on that day thousands upon thousands of innocent people were killed, including my foster parents and the only other person who was directly related to me, my sister.

It all began about twenty years ago. Across Europe the leaders of the churches began to gain immense power, how or why is still a mystery to this day. The uprising began to spread, and soon the church leaders had more power than any one else in the world. They began to reject the modern way of life, saying that there should be one god and we should live by his rule so that there could finally be peace in the world. But things didn't go so well; the world leaders were outraged. The idea of just throwing away their beliefs was not acceptable. This did not go down well with the church officials, by this time many of them had become corrupt and any of their followers who deserted them and their ways were killed, and that was when things began to change.

I was only fifteen at the time, just another stupid teen trying to impress his friends. When I look back I can't believe how ignorant and selfish I was, but that was how I had been raised. I lived in Tokyo, known as the heart of Japan at the time. I lived with my foster parents, and my sister. I don't remember anything about my biological parents, I guess I was extremely young when they dumped me on the street, along with my sister, who is seven years older than I.

My foster parents were one of the richest families in the city at the time; my foster father worked for one of the biggest electronic companies in the world and my foster mother was a lawyer. I got everything, all I had to do was ask, and it would be handed to me on a silver platter.

At this particular time I still went by the name Taran Kojin, but unknown to me, the name Kojin would soon loose its meaning. It would no longer be a name of power; it would just be a name.

Every day another country would fall to the darkness, but I didn't care, I was one of the richest kids in Japan, money could solve any problem. But I soon found out that was a lie, because money couldn't bring back the only people I loved.